Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The media, Obama, and many Americans are once again banging the drums of WAR!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5800320.html

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Has any country attacked the U.S? Nope.

Is there a LEGITIMATE threat of a country attacking the U.S? Nope.

But here we have Obama addressing the nation and practically declaring a war on a group of religious zealots who killed two captured journalists and got exactly what they wanted out of Obama.

Well played Obama, you gave into the stupidity of the GOP's and media's warmongering, and you have clearly shown that you are no different than Bush in foreign diplomacy.

I expect full all out war in a matter of months to be perfectly honest.

Obama....change we can NEVER believe in.

And what's in store for America? 2016? Hillary vs. the GOP......basically a War Hawk Establishment PRETEND democrat vs. a Bat You-know-what crazy GOPer who also loves war?

Just change the name to 'Merica already.

================================================== ==================================================

13 years ago we had the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor, thousands of innocent people lost their lives due to religious zealots trying to martyr themselves into their make belief heaven and doing the bidding of their invisible sky genie.

We were hurt as a country and we wanted revenge.....but the thing was that NO COUNTRY attacked us...it was individuals.....and yet we broke all the rules and attacked two countries with absolutely NO justification.

The results was a massive failure....we accomplished NOTHING in Iraq and only destabilized the region and made it WORST than what it was before, we made it into a hotbed of terrorists.

Today, we have even MORE religious zealots talking trash and using intimidation tactics such as killing hostages in horrific manners to try to goad the U.S into another pointless war which will only cause more wasted treasury, more wasted young lives, more useless bloodshed, and ultimately resolve NOTHING.

And our President wants to do the SAME mistake his insane predecessor did.

Obama has lost ALL credibility and I can only hope that if he has ANY conscious left over, he will immediately return his Nobel peace prize (which he didn't deserve to begin with) back to the committee.

This country seems to NEVER learn from their mistakes, and it's one hell of a damn shame.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 09-12-2014 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Again?

I think you mean still.

'Murica!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Why did you yell the word WAR?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I generally have no issue with anything you are saying. I just wish to make two points that you have either missed or ignored.

We were hurt as a country and we wanted revenge.....but the thing was that NO COUNTRY attacked us...it was individuals.....and yet we broke all the rules and attacked two countries with absolutely NO justification.

At the time all politicians and nearly all Americans wanted the war against Iraq and we believed we had evidence to support it. It is an inconvenient truth that after the fact we know that there either were no WMDs or more logically, we gave Iraq so much of a notice we were coming that they were moved before we got there. It is very easy to say there was no justification now, but at the time it was impossible to say that. You are benefitting from the 20/20 vision of hindsight.

The results was a massive failure....we accomplished NOTHING in Iraq and only destabilized the region and made it WORST than what it was before, we made it into a hotbed of terrorists.

This statement makes me question if you know anything about the history of the Middle East, We did not destabilize the region. If you know ANYTHING about the region then you know that there hasn't been stability there in centuries. The area has been a non-stop battleground dating all the way back to 3000 BC.

In addition, that region has ALWAYS been a hotbed for terrorism, we did not make it one. Try looking up the terms Irgun, Black Hand, Lehi, FLN, PLO, PFLP, DFLP, PMOI, Jundallah, Hezbollah, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The Middle East has been a central hub of terrorist groups dating back to the early 1900's.

I am also going to challenge your claim that we made it worse there. Again, you seem to know nothing of the region. Under Saddam Hussein's rule 2 million (that's right, MILLION) people were killed directly by his regime, an average of 80,000 people for every year of his reign. I am not sure that there have been 80,000 civilians killed in the region since he was removed from power 11 years ago. And that isn't counting the people that died in the wars that he started with Iran and his invasion of Kuwait and the subsequent Gulf War.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Bazinga.... Should have listened to big bad Bush.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

And I love how you say that Obama gave in to the GOP.

Just shows how completely out of touch you really are.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And I love how you say that Obama gave in to the GOP.

Good point. This is a quote from the HuffPost article that JustAlex linked that clearly defines that this is an act by Obama that does not include any legal support from the GOP controlled Congress.

Obama met with congressional leaders Tuesday, telling them he has the authority needed to take action against the Islamic State in Syria. According to the AP, the White House said Obama told lawmakers he was open to action from Congress that "would aid the overall effort and demonstrate to the world that the United States is united in defeating the threat from ISIL."

EDIT: In fact it appears that Obama is doing this with no legal right at all. He is doing it under the AUMF Act which allows the president to use military force against those who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. Last I checked ISIS/ISIL wasn't around on 9/11 so this action by him without the support of Congress is essentially a dictatorial act.

The real irony in all of this...Obama wanted the AUMF repealed.
    Last edited by duane1969; 09-12-2014 at 10:09 AM.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Good point. This is a quote from the HuffPost article that JustAlex linked that clearly defines that this is an act by Obama that does not include any legal support from the GOP controlled Congress.

Hence

Just shows how completely out of touch you really are.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Someone needs to stop smoking and drinking before they get on here and post a rant.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm gonna go ahead and say "nearly all Americans thought there was evidence of WMDs" is a great stretch.

That WMD debacle is one of the points of embarrassment the rest of the world mocks America for, but we tend to assume the average person didn't fall for it. Are you calling most Americans gullible? Because that's what we all saw.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast