Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country
    See kmart6netsfan's Items on eBay

New PC started - what have I done??

Hey guys -

I'm fairly new to SCF but have been on other sites plenty. I mostly collect Kenyon Martin and will likely start a thread about that once I get my scans / lists up to date... For now I was looking to share my latest decision to start a Basketball HOF graded rookie card collection. It will be pretty low-end for now but who knows what the future will hold. Anyway, my first addition to the thread is below:

Joe Dumars 1986 Fleer # 27 RC PSA 8

This is my first card from this set and I'd say the card is even nicer in person. I can definitely see people's infatuation with this set!

Thanks for the view - I'll try to add more updates as they come in; as well as other random additions to my PC that are not Kenyon Martin-related.

Thanks for looking!
    Tom

BANNED

Country

Awesome Joe Dumars RC, brings back the days when I watched the Pistons, sweet stuff, Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country

Awesome Joe Dumars RC, brings back the days when I watched the Pistons, sweet stuff, Congrats!

Thanks! I have a few more to scan and a few more coming in already. I'm really enjoying this first dabble into vintage basketball. I have a few vintage tobacco card sets I'm working on (non-sports) and have already purchased my oldest 4-5 basketball cards in the last two weeks. Good times!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country

Here's my second update. I've had this one for a while and didn't really know why. Now I think I do! To add to this collection I would seemingly arbitrarily begin 4 years later.

I know he's not in the HOF at the moment, but I'm pretty confident he will be one day

Here's my second addition to the thread:

Tim Duncan - 1997 Topps Finest RC #101 PSA 9

Thanks for looking!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors
    See alexmovel's Items on eBay

Very nice start to the PC! a 9 on the Duncan is sweet! :)
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country

Anyway, I have found quite a large number of MJ collectors on this board since I joined. Why not show off what is undoubtedly the richest card I have as well as one of the prettiest ones (IMO) as well.

While I was originally not huge on the fact that he was on the Wizards in the pic, there is definitely a specific time-frame when this card was signed, which is pretty cool. Also - I did some research on it today and found that it is short-printed to 23, which I never knew until today. Serially numbered would've been nice but that was some good news to learn today!

Anyway, here it is, firmly planted in my PC unless I happen upon another MJ auto at some point in the future:

Michael Jordan - 2002-03 UD Glass Auto Focus #MJ (SP to 23)

Thanks for looking!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors

Ok it looks like you are trying to make me jealous lol wow that's an awesome card congrats never knew it was short printed that's a sweet bonus

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country

I'll add a bonus today if you want...

1998-99 Upper Deck Encore F/X #109 (#109/125)

I wouldn't go so far as to call this in my PC, but I just don't know what I'd ever really trade/sell it for. I also pulled this one out of a pack back in 1998 so that's pretty cool.

Anyway, thanks for looking again - back to another graded HOF RC tomorrow!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors

Now you're just toying with my emotions lol, I'm a sucker for #ed MJ cards!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (148)
    Country

Today's addition to the graded HOF RC/random PC!

This is all going to be fairly low-end for now and the grades are going to reflect that. While this is graded as a 4, it really looks quite nice in person. Obviously it's a little off centered and there appears to be some dirt on the surface of the card (which is hard to notice), so I'm quite happy with it. Anyway - my first real addition to the vintage scene:

Nate Thurmond - 1969 Topps RC #10 PSA 4

Thanks for looking :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast