Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Common sense itself is nonsense for their is no such thing. Most who assume they have common sense believe many things they are told without ever learning or researching whether it is true or not.
    I prefer my opinions to be based on critical thinking.
    but, to each their own.

Also, I have no issue with you thinking the flood and ark story are just a myth, it is not illogical to do so.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Common sense itself is nonsense for their is no such thing. Most who assume they have common sense believe many things they are told without ever learning or researching whether it is true or not.
    I prefer my opinions to be based on critical thinking.
    but, to each their own.

Also, I have no issue with you thinking the flood and ark story are just a myth, it is not illogical to do so.

I have no issue with you thinking it could have happened either. My issue is with you claiming to have critically thought about this re-population theory of yours. Clearly, you haven't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I have a bit, but could spend a lifetime doing so. Do I think this is the answer? no, but it cannot be ruled out. To rule it out, it would have to be impossible and it simply is not. it is highly unlikely, but like you stated, great odds can and are overcome.

Just because I seen an unknown light in the sky does not mean it was an alien UFO, but it could be.
    If I care to find the answer, I won't settle for yes it was alien or no it was not, I iwll need to do some critical thinking, which requires a whole lot of research.

The story of the ark plays little interest to me, so I only spend so much time considering it, but when I do, I look at it from all possible perspectives.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Could you please inform us of what this theory is and then try and poke holes in it? Everything one chooses to believe is an "individual decision". That doesn't make the possible choices equal in credibility. When presented with opposing theories of how something happened, a logical person weighs the evidence supporting both, considers any impossibilities presented in both, and then chooses. Do you know of any "impossibilities" in the Flood story? Or is the answer, anything is possible because we weren't there?

You totally missed the point. I am not arguing that either opinion is more right than the other, simply that saying one is more plausible than the other is a matter of opinion and personal belief, not fact.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I am not saying I believe the flood happened, but consider this. I currently live 2080 feet above sea level and can dig around in my back yard and find fossilized impressions of clams and shellfish. I am sure that science presents a theory that explains why, but it is just a theory. Since neither the scientific theory nor the story of Noah's ark are factually provable, accepting either one as an explanation is entirely an individual decision. In the end, one is a story told by religious people and the other is a story told by scientific people and neither story has an undeniable evidence to support it.

Oh I don't doubt that the earth has had various levels of water levels and could have been flooded with limited land area. When I brought up the Noah's ark story as an example of some people being looked at as uneducated by the OP's claim I was more speaking of the part that some people believe Noah built an ark large enough to hold every species of animal and insect in the world, collected all of these specimens, and were able to keep them separated and care for them until water levels receded. It's just not possible if you think about it rationally.

as for the shellfish fossils at 2080, that is very cool, and I also suppose the colliding of land masses and pushing up of mountains, etc, could have a play in that as well, but I'm not an expert. But still I have no issue with people saying the earth had been extremely flooded at some point over it's life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234