Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

not getting the danny green thing,please explain

SCF Rewards
    Country

not getting the danny green thing,please explain

googled it

http://deadspin.com/danny-green-is-s...loc-1643837428

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

No replies to the Quran beheading verses I listed? If we aren't that familiar here with the Quran (I have read some, but would by no means consider myself an expert), it's okay to admit it.

The rabbit trail on evolution is interesting and all, but this thread was originally about Affleck's response to Maher's and Harris' views on Islam, and what constitutes Islam...

As for Alex:

Trust me, I'm not the least concerned in trying to persuade others.

Completely disingenuous. At least theists are honest about trying to persuade others through proselytizing. If you aren't trying to persuade, why do you spend so much time going off on forums to toot your views? Come on, Alex. I'd have more respect if you were just honest.

It's to tell it as it is....to continue criticizing and scrutinizing religion non-stop.

If you aren't trying to persuade, as you insist, then why criticize and scrutinize? Because you are trying to persuade. No one criticizes and scrutinizes without attempting to persuade. Criticism and scrutiny are, by linear extension, a means of trying to persuade. If you weren't trying to persuade, you'd just sit by and live your life, not argue with people on forums. Geez.

I want to repeat what I said about Sam Harris earlier...he's linear and logical. You and a couple of other non-theists here often are not. Your insistence here about not persuading, even while criticizing and scrutinizing, is a classic example of absurd nonlinear thinking I see atheists exhibit sometimes, despite all their self-congratulating insistence on logic and reason.

I think I'll just ignore the folks here and read up on the points of more mature theists and non-theists.

Sam Harris, you are not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pro - Islam is on the Rise

Anti - Semitism is on the Rise as well.

Don't you dare call that guy a racist.

Liberals.....

This post literally makes no sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

another insane op-ed

"At the center of this has been Bill Maher, a comedian and HBO talk show host who is well-known for his Islamophobic views. Maher said last week that "vast numbers of Muslims want humans to die for holding a different idea" and share "too much in common with ISIS." This is all part of his ongoing argument conflating the tiny number of violent extremists with the 1.6 billion worldwide Muslims who largely abhor those extremists.Over the weekend, when Maher called Islam "the only religion that acts like the mafia, that will ™™™™™™™ kill you if you say the wrong thing" (another guest on the panel, author Sam Harris, called Islam "the motherload of bad ideas"), it was left to guest Ben Affleck to call these opinion "gross" and "racist." There were, of course, no Muslims on the panel who might have the chance to speak up.
    While Maher might be the loudest and most candid in his bigotry toward Muslims, there is a subtler, more pervasive, and far more dangerous Islamophobia that has crept into mainstream news coverage. This is the Islamophobia that presents itself as a critical and candid study of Islamist extremism, but in the process does just what Maher does: conflates extremists with the vast, un-extreme majority, perpetuating the assumption that extremism is the default, that Muslims share inherent traits that make them worse than the rest of us, and that they are guilty of extremism until proven innocent."
    http://www.vox.com/2014/10/8/6918485...out-of-control

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

While Maher might be the loudest and most candid in his bigotry toward Muslims, there is a subtler, more pervasive, and far more dangerous Islamophobia that has crept into mainstream news coverage. This is the Islamophobia that presents itself as a critical and candid study of Islamist extremism, but in the process does just what Maher does: conflates extremists with the vast, un-extreme majority, perpetuating the assumption that extremism is the default, that Muslims share inherent traits that make them worse than the rest of us, and that they are guilty of extremism until proven innocent."

they do that with every group that is different than them, such as: Christians, law enforcement, republicans, ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

they do that with every group that is different than them, such as: Christians, law enforcement, republicans, ...

"they" is pretty broad,care to narrow it down for me?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

considering the article was quoted above my reply, "they" would be what the article said,
    mainstream news coverage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234