Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Canada Post Issues Collectibles of Legendary Defensemen

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/10/...ry-defensemen/

This season, Canada Post has released a new series of stamps featuring a legendary defenseman from each of the Original Six clubs – Doug Harvey, Tim Horton, Harry Howell, Red Kelly, Pierre Pilote and Bobby Orr. All of these players skated during the six-team era and their accomplishments on the ice eventually took them to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Issued on October 3, these souvenir sheets are almost the same size as conventional trading cards and prominently feature an oversized version of each stamp on the front. Due to the presence of NHL logos, it is possible that they avoided dubbing them cards for legal and licensing reasons, but hobbyists are likely to accept them in their collections.

Packs containing the six-card set are available at Canada Post locations or via their online shop and will cost $15.00. Since each large stamp has a face value of $2.50, collectors will not be making any added expense to have them in this format as opposed to buying the stamps individually.

To further appeal to collectors, autographed versions are seeded once in every 50 packs. All four living subjects (Orr, Kelly, Howell and Pilote) took the time to sign and they will command some secondary market attention due to their similarity to trading cards. If collectors are looking for the standard-sized stamps instead, booklets or panes with all six can be purchased for $5.10 and first day covers were also produced.

There are also special signed framed pieces that are available for purchase. A reproduction of each stamp is paired with a signed photo and Pilote, Kelly and Howell are limited to 600 copies each and retail for $179.95. Since Horton and Harvey are deceased, their stamp art is framed with signed photos of Borje Salming and Larry Robinson for the same price, but there are 1,000 of each available. Orr, naturally, is more expensive at $249.95, but there were 1,967 framed pieces produced.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

That's pretty cool. Might pick up a pack next time I'm shipping something. Question is - do you open to see if there is an auto in there, or keep sealed?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

SWEET

SCF Rewards
    Country

I picked up a pack of them and the cards are gorgeous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

I bought 9 packs today. 6 will be gifted.

I was surprised that my post office only had 1 box of 10 (1 sold before I arrived)

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's pretty cool. Might pick up a pack next time I'm shipping something. Question is - do you open to see if there is an auto in there, or keep sealed?

You have to open them to see if there is an autograph right? I mean it would be like keeping a pack of cards around the house and not opening it up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I plan on buying 5 packs on Tuesday. About 10% chance of pulling an Auto. Would be nice :) I will be gifting some as well. Maybe even buy more haha we will see.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bought 1 pack today and this guy popped out...

One and done!
    Last edited by Excon; 10-18-2014 at 05:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Nice!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Very cool!

Bought 1 pack today and this guy popped out...

One and done!