Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Elizabeth Warren: I've been treated differently

"Denver (CNN) -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren told CNN she has been treated differently as a woman in the clubby upper chamber — echoing the general sentiments of her colleague Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who wrote about sexism in the Senate in a recent book.During a wide-ranging interview on the Colorado campaign trail—where she was stumping for endangered incumbent Sen. Mark Udall—CNN asked Warren whether she had experienced any different treatment as a woman. "Yes," she said. Would she elaborate? "Nope." But was it surprising? "Not really, I wish it were," she told CNN. "But it's hard to change these big, male dominated institutions. What I am very happy about is that there are now enough women in the United States Senate to bring change to that place and I think that's just powerfully important." There are now 20 women in the senate.Warren added: "You know, others have said it before me. If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu." Warren's comments did make one clear case: women will be treated as equals when there continue to be more women in the Senate.
    Warren didn't want to talk specifics, or how the different treatment manifested itself. "I've said all I am going to say," ending that part of the conversation. In the book, Gillibrand recounted specific details of unnamed male senators remarking about her appearance—even squeezing her waist."
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/politi...d-differently/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

do you think it would ever cross her mind that it was her and not her gender people dont like?
    all ready cant stand this woman

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Denver (CNN) -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren told CNN she has been treated differently as a woman in the clubby upper chamber — echoing the general sentiments of her colleague Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who wrote about sexism in the Senate in a recent book.During a wide-ranging interview on the Colorado campaign trail—where she was stumping for endangered incumbent Sen. Mark Udall—CNN asked Warren whether she had experienced any different treatment as a woman. "Yes," she said. Would she elaborate? "Nope." But was it surprising? "Not really, I wish it were," she told CNN. "But it's hard to change these big, male dominated institutions. What I am very happy about is that there are now enough women in the United States Senate to bring change to that place and I think that's just powerfully important." There are now 20 women in the senate.Warren added: "You know, others have said it before me. If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu." Warren's comments did make one clear case: women will be treated as equals when there continue to be more women in the Senate.
    Warren didn't want to talk specifics, or how the different treatment manifested itself. "I've said all I am going to say," ending that part of the conversation. In the book, Gillibrand recounted specific details of unnamed male senators remarking about her appearance—even squeezing her waist."
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/politi...d-differently/

The War on Women continues!!!! Deep in the Bowles of the CNN and MSNBC newsrooms they are burning the midnight oil on how to paint this as a historical injustice to women.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I used to like Senator Warren until I heard her making pro Israel comments then I lost a lot of respect for her.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So she was treated differently, but won't expand or explain. Quite simply, don't make the accusation if you can't support it. It just makes you look weak and whiney.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Huh she must be a P and R regular. She complains but does not support it. Now that is ironic
    So she was treated differently, but won't expand or explain. Quite simply, don't make the accusation if you can't support it. It just makes you look weak and whiney.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Gee you would think all the "perks" she stole for being a Native American would make up for this slight.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

huh she must be a p and r regular. She complains but does not support it. Now that is ironic

lol