Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Gordie Howe's Stroke

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Gordie Howe's Stroke

Haven't seen anyone talking about this yet:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/gordie...23344-nhl.html

Note at the bottom:

Send cards or letters of support to this address:
    Gordie Howe
    c/o Texas Trailer Corral
    12207 HWY 87
    Lubbock, TX

I'm sure many people have gotten to meet him over the years. Any good stories or special cards to share?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Get better soon Mr. Hockey

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I never did get the opportunity to meet him, which is pretty unfortunate. I hope that he has a recovery that allows him to have good quality of life. Both Mr. Hockey and Le Gros Bill are in frail health...two of our greatest legends.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I met him once.... in a bathroom! I was at a show outside DC that he was signing at. Was at a urinal doing my business, and he steps up to the one next to mine and mentions the Ovechkin jersey I was wearing. So we chatted about Ovechkin and the Caps for a couple minutes as we peed and washed our hands and then went our separate ways. For the record, he is a big Ovechkin fan -- either that, or he didn't want to start a fight in a men's bathroom in DC.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

I met Mr. Howe many times, at show's and at Eaton's in Toronto, he was a spokeman for there sporting goods, very nice person, Get Better Soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was fortunate to have met Mr. Hockey when he came to Zellers right near my high school to do a book signing - I had to skip class just to meet him and it was totally worth it! Really hope he pulls through and gets better soon. I'm so happy to have made the plunge into collecting Lord Stanley's Mug, until this year I had next to nothing in my PC with the all time greats, really cool to have been able to add the following...

Base and History subset

Auto from each year he won the Cup

Gordie had the Cup Winning Goal in his final Cup win

Rivalries with a couple of other legends

Love the Cup Holders series!

Another couple short printed beauties...

Dual colour beauty, and a Pocket Rocket auto to go with it

The Decades expo promos are some of the nicer promos ITG has done!

Brief detour to my Sedin PC, which includes only a single Howe card plus a parallel... the Authentic Fabrics Eights Hart Trophy winners Jersey x/5 and Patch 1/1!

And last but not least, back to Lord Stanley's Mug, my favourite card in my entire PC! Mr. Hockey, 'nuff said.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Rocket looks drunk in that one dual card. LOL

Great show, Dave, some great pieces of history!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Nice Mega Patch, Sedinfan! I'm a huge fan of the ITG Mega Patches but as a Red Wings fan I believe that is the best one on the market.

As for the story I was surprised too that no one mentioned anything prior to this post. I heard he is getting better now (hopefully a mild stroke only!) but I'm sure he is done signing and I hope he can live a good life for the remainder of his times.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting Mr Hockey 3 times and because of it have a Howe family wall in my basement of my house full of autographed pictures of all the howes. From these meetings i have two funny stories to tell

the first i was at the fan expo looking at a display table waiting for the gordie howe signing to start when from behind me i hear someone say "well aren't you just a little guy" and being 6 foot 10 I've heard all those jokes all my life so i turned around a little annoyed and am staring two security guards in the eye and i look down and theres gordie howe pretending to punch me he then makes a comment about wishing i played with him shakes my hand and walks away

so now for the second story i get to the line and ask if Gordie Can make my auto To. Keith right away the guy sitting next to him (a company representative ) freaks out and starts yelling about no personalizations or inscriptions when gordie puts up his hand and shushes him and asks me to repeat my name before personalizing it to me

People ask me why i would continue to drive 4-5 hours to meet him again and again and to put it simply stories like this such an amazing and humble man have many more stories but don't want this post to get to long
    Hidden Content
    -Keith
    Collecting Nick Foligno and Erik Condra
    Main Want:
    Erik Condra 1/1s and Erik Condra artifacts black rookie /5