Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Why would a Believer have to stand before God as his judge and give account of his life? Doesn't your God already know all of that? Doesn't he already know what is truly in your heart? You make it sound like we have a chance of passing his lie detector test when we get there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I can respect what you are saying. I'm going to drop the debate on gay marriage, you guys don't even know how many gay friends I have had over the years, I don't hate gay people, I was just defending a position.

Remember one thing about the Believer...the Believer will one day stand before God as his judge and have to make an account for his/her life. Believers, at least the ones I know, will most certainly put pleasing God before pleasing man's whims. You can argue right and wrong all day about this but this is just an insight to the Believer.

Peace Out!

I'm not sure where the "hate gay people" thing came from. I never read anything that eluded to people saying that. I do find it odd that one with so many gay friends as yourself would be on the side of not allowing them to marry. Although I know you said you really weren't that opposed to it in a post so I'm not sure if your posts are of your exact stance or not.

I get the importance of god for some people. I just wish people could see past their own personal beliefs and realize that they are so many other people out there that shouldn't be restricted because of their beliefs. Most of religion confuses me but if voting to make marriage legal for gay marriage is the worst thing you did in the eyes of god I think you'd be in pretty good shape... from what I understand of it all anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ITT one can easily see how varying people are in their ideological viewpoints.

I've personally been on two very opposing sides of ideological viewpoints....

One which relies solely on feelings and wishful thinking (evangelical Christianity) and one which relies on empirical evidence and thirst for knowledge (Skepticism).

The former was easier and even gives one a sense of happiness, the latter is cold and cynical but ultimately more satisfying.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

One which relies solely on feelings and wishful thinking (evangelical Christianity) and one which relies on empirical evidence and thirst for knowledge (Skepticism).

using those definitions, makes me think that perhaps you missed the point on both.

but if it makes you feel better, keep on going

SCF Rewards
    Country

using those definitions, makes me think that perhaps you missed the point on both.

but if it makes you feel better, keep on going

No, if I wanted to feel better I'd convince myself that my existence has inherent purpose and I'm special and whatnot.

If I wanted to feel better I'd tell myself that no matter how hard life gets it's ok because I have a father figure who looks after me and loves me no matter what.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no matter how hard life gets it's ok because I have a father figure who looks after me and loves me no matter what.

You do, it is me, I will love you no matter how bad things are.

but thinking you have something over someone else does make you feel better. you think you have one up on others. that is why you use the terminology you use. say what you will, but it is obvious. but is also part of basic human psychology, which I am sure you know since it is based on empirical evidence, and we are all guilty of it.

if you never have feelings nor use them or accept them, you are missing out on what makes you human. if you think someone who is religious in any way is not seeking truth, you are mistaken. if you think someone needs religion or they are cold and cynical, you have no clue what you are talking about.

If I wanted to feel better I'd tell myself that no matter how hard life gets it's ok because I have a father figure who looks after me and loves me no matter what.

this tells me you know little about religion or Christianity.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure where the "hate gay people" thing came from. I never read anything that eluded to people saying that. I do find it odd that one with so many gay friends as yourself would be on the side of not allowing them to marry. Although I know you said you really weren't that opposed to it in a post so I'm not sure if your posts are of your exact stance or not.

Yes, let's get down right analytical about this...nobody every used the word "hate" so all of this is on me...this is the exact reason why it is so tough to share ideas on here, there is always somebody combing through the minutiae to find the "GOTCHA" on someone else. I didn't quantify how many gay friends I've had but I've had at least one at almost every stage of my life, high school, college, post college, professional, etc. and I never treated them differently. One of them was a difficult personality and we stopped talking but not because of his sexuality.

I get the importance of god for some people. I just wish people could see past their own personal beliefs and realize that they are so many other people out there that shouldn't be restricted because of their beliefs. Most of religion confuses me but if voting to make marriage legal for gay marriage is the worst thing you did in the eyes of god I think you'd be in pretty good shape... from what I understand of it all anyways.

As long as your beliefs triumph, I know, I get it.

Why can't you see past your beliefs and let the people that think it is wrong continue to believe that and influence their communities just like you do? Do they have to forfeit their rights to free thought, free speech, freedom to organize, freedom to believe in the one true God, etc. just because YOU think they are wrong?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Why can't you see past your beliefs and let the people that think it is wrong continue to believe that and influence their communities just like you do? Do they have to forfeit their rights to free thought, free speech, freedom to organize, freedom to believe in the one true God, etc. just because YOU think they are wrong?

Why? Because your belief wants to impose on others and prevent them from doing what they wish. A liberals belief (wrong or right) does not want to restrict anyone else. That's the difference. Your belief is restrictive, ours isn't. It has nothing to do with the rightness or wrongness of the activity. It has to do with the wanting to restrict others.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

this tells me you know little about religion or Christianity.

Jay, join us in the real world. Watch a Sunday morning preacher, watch a pop star receive an award, peruse facebook or twitter. Apparently, most christians have no idea what religion is all about either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jay, join us in the real world. Watch a Sunday morning preacher, watch a pop star receive an award, peruse facebook or twitter.

and that is your real world? funny!

so are you at the church on tv? facebook and twitter is the real world?

you think that pop stars, tv preachers, and politicians represent the average person?

Religion is many things, but it is like love, when viewed from the outside it makes little sense, because it is not tangible, it is not a tweet, a facebook post, or an award.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast