Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

2014-15 Pricing Question - Can't use the Other Products argument anymore!

The Panini pricing argument is gone this year so can someone on her please explain to me how the Upper Deck Exclusive Gaudreau /100 has a BV that is eight times greater than the Ultra Platinum Gaudreau /99. I realize that Upper Deck is a tradition for many collectors but that still can't explain that big of a difference.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you could only have one, which would it be? It's the exact same reason that a YG Exclusives always books much higher than a Black Diamond Ruby. Same print run, much different value.

It's not just about print runs, it's about demand.

Who cares about an Ultra Medallion parallel?

A YG Exclusive is one of the top rookie parallels to own.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Also, Upper Deck Series I just came out and Ultra has been out for a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No one cares about ultra.
    No set collecters like series 1.
    No one really cares about parallels in hockey.

Panini don't matter here...
    Why does a strome /18 sell less than /99 in NT???

Never had one person ask about ultra whatever at a show..
    While there's tons of people looking for exclusives to finish the set.

Supply vs Demand as always in life
    Give it a year and that exclusive will a fraction of what is today..

Ultra...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I accept that the Exclusives are more desireable which is why most of them are about 2x the Platinum for the same player. I also believe that the Ultra Platinum Gaudreau has a fairly appropriate BV, but the BV assigned to his YG Exclusive has to be a pretty tough pill for Calgary collectors to swallow.

If you could only have one, which would it be? It's the exact same reason that a YG Exclusives always books much higher than a Black Diamond Ruby. Same print run, much different value.

It's not just about print runs, it's about demand.

Who cares about an Ultra Medallion parallel?

A YG Exclusive is one of the top rookie parallels to own.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is 14-15 already in beckett? ?
    Are you talking about BV or sv? ?

Why are oversized YG so much cheaper even though there's 10x less of them..???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Is 14-15 already in beckett? ?
    Are you talking about BV or sv? ?

Why are oversized YG so much cheaper even though there's 10x less of them..???

Lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

No one cares about ultra.

Funny as a lot of it has been sold. should that of read that YOU don't care about Ultra?

No set collecters like series 1.

Seems to be lots of people on here, other forums, in the card store today buying and trading lots of UD Series 1 for the set needs to finish their projects whether that be the Base and YGs, Exclusives, Buybacks, HH, Shining Stars, Jerseys and more. Should that of read that YOU don't like Series 1?

No one really cares about parallels in hockey.

Yeah, from the Player collectors, to the people who are on here trying to finish sets like Different Artifacts Emerald, Sapphire, UD Exclusives, the Royal Blue Shining Stars even has a couple of people chasing parallels, there are lots of people on here who chase on parallel or another. Should that of read YOU don't care about parallels in hockey?

Panini don't matter here...

Not going to lie, I have never been the biggest Panini fan, and actually prefer UD stuff, NT was a good product from, in my opinion, a lot of lackluster derivative look alike stuff. In the case of NT, it looked very similar to Dominion in appearance. That said, there a lot of people on here who have lots of Panini to sell and trade here, so it matters to some. Then again you are never going to please everybody.

Why does a strome /18 sell less than /99 in NT???

The Rookie is currently and has been for a long time now the big draw for most first year players, While in some cases it may be outshined by Shields, and very low parallels the RC is almost always more sought after than the Rookie parallels. Same in NT as it is in Cup, occasional exceptions fall sometimes in the case of players with very low numbers 1-10 with very popular/top prospect players also seeing the effect in cards with higher print runs.

Never had one person ask about ultra whatever at a show..

I'm a little surprised to hear you do shows at all, with an attitude like you have, I would be very surprised if you've ever had a repeat customer.

While there's tons of people looking for exclusives to finish the set.

Yet above you state no set collectors are interested in Series 1, so why would they be interested in Exclusives?

Supply vs Demand as always in life

Simple enough axiom, it is too bad you supply nothing but negativity, and very few of us(if any) want to hear it. No demand but lots of supply.

Give it a year and that exclusive will a fraction of what is today..

Any reduction in price from what it is today, is a fraction of what it is today and yes Exclusives will probably drop, but most PC Collectors as well as most people working on the Exclusives set do not want to wait the thrill of getting it into their collections is why they are in the hobby.

Ultra...lol

So you don't like Ultra, okey dokey.
    Last edited by mikecole141; 11-15-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    PC Players: Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    NOT DOING ANY TRADING AT THIS TIME

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can't read well...set collecting is big with series 1 not so much ultra. Which is a fact. Which is what I said.

"No set collecters like series 1"

"Panini don't matter here"
    That means for 14-15 products ....people hoping stuff will go higher....but it won't. .ekblad $15..

I like Panini. ..competition is always good.

You take everything negatively when I'm saying series 1 is collectible and ultra is not. Pretty simple. Which is what RGM81 said. Why don't you attack him?
    He said who cares about ultra medallions..........

My questions were rhetorical..I know why /18 sells lower than 99.

You have negativity mixed up with honesty/opinion.
    A forum is for opinions.

Some people like straight up critique as opposed to being told every product and everything is great.

Ultra is good to give to kids for free so it has its uses....:)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

You can't read well...set collecting is big with series 1 not so much ultra. Which is a fact. Which is what I said.

"No set collecters like series 1"

Comma, it's a beautiful thing.

"No, set collectors like series 1"

"Panini don't matter here"
    That means for 14-15 products ....people hoping stuff will go higher....but it won't. .ekblad $15..

I like Panini. ..competition is always good.

Please remember you added Panini to the discussion, it wasn't mentioned in the thread before you responded. Likewise the clearer you are the less likely you're points will be misinterpreted.

You take everything negatively when I'm saying series 1 is collectible and ultra is not. Pretty simple. Which is what RGM81 said. Why don't you attack him?
    He said who cares about ultra medallions..........

I didn't attack you, I responded to you vague statements with more questions and a perception based on the majority of your previous posts. I don't attack Richard because I can see clearly what he is posting, and his generalization of "who cares about Ultra medallions" is easily relatable to the complete point he was making that many more people collect UD Series 1 vs. Ultra. And if you think this is attacking you? Please go read some of the threads about Rogers' TV Rights.

My questions were rhetorical..I know why /18 sells lower than 99.

You have negativity mixed up with honesty/opinion.
    A forum is for opinions.

Considering how the rest of your post read, it looked like you were being snarky. You are right however, a forum is for opinions. If you really want to be seen as a valid contributor, stop being so contrite. Negativity is how you frame your opinion, so if you have something to be said it will tend to be lost depending on how you present it.

Some people like straight up critique as opposed to being told every product and everything is great.

Then critique the products; you don't critique, you sneer in typeset. Explain your points and problems fully.

If you don't want to be viewed as the current resident troll, stop acting like one and take part in discussion. Don't make it look like you are doing a drive by insult and then heading off for another thread somewhere else. Your response, to my breakdown of your original post, actually reads like discussion. you say "A forum is for opinions", and you are right, but a more accurate description would be that a forum like SCF, is an online community for the discussion of opinions regarding topics of mutual interest; which means most people are only going to read, listen, or care about what you have to say, when you act like you want to be part of the community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast