Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post US sailors hit by 'hood attack' in Turkey

http://news.yahoo.com/us-sailors-hit...NUSisAbpXQtDMD

A group of nationalist Turkish youths on Wednesday attacked three visiting US sailors in Istanbul, trying to force sacks on their heads in an assault angrily condemned by the US government.

Several dozen members of the nationalist youth group Turkiye Genclik Birligi (Turkish Youth Union/TGB) attacked the sailors in the Eminonu district on the Istanbul waterfront, a popular tourist hub.

They sought to force white sacks onto the heads of the sailors, who were in civilian dress, and chased them across the quayside, shouting "Yankee Go Home" and "Down with US Imperialism".

The use of hoods was a reference to an incident from the 2003 Iraq war that outraged many in Turkey when US forces in northern Iraq arrested a group of Turkish soldiers, forced hoods on their heads and held them for three days.

The incident inflamed nationalist sentiment in Turkey and formed the basis of the smash-hit 2006 film about Turkish agents in Iraq "Valley of the Wolves: Iraq".

"We want you to get lost and we are using our right to protest," the group said it told the sailors.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure this youth group is just a bunch of teens and twenty somethings with too much angst, kids will be kids, boys will be boys...terrorists will be terrorists, you know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Maybe I've been living under a rock...but how is the US currently imperializing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe I've been living under a rock...but how is the US currently imperializing?

We're not, but if you port in their city and have an air force base in their country, you're an Imperialist to them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

We're not, but if you port in their city and have an air force base in their country, you're an Imperialist to them.

Understandable. I thought I had missed the next 'Scramble for Africa'.