Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

another FYI that ends republican myths.....

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

unemployment has steadily dropped the entire run of Obama's term and drastically rose under Bush. The deficit that Bush created has also been cut by more than half but is never spoken about.

Big problems on both points. If you count the number of people no longer seeking work the improvement in the unemployment numbers tell a much different story on the strength of the recovery.

I have pasted in the National Deficits for the past 20 years to show that your point is wrong. The deficit tripled the first year under Obama and has not even declined 30% from it's highest point after five years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Big problems on both points. If you count the number of people no longer seeking work the improvement in the unemployment numbers tell a much different story on the strength of the recovery.

I have pasted in the National Deficits for the past 20 years to show that your point is wrong. The deficit tripled the first year under Obama and has not even declined 30% from it's highest point after five years.

If I counted all dogs as cats we would have twice as many cats in the world too lol... what you just did (again) is spin....

1) we've used the same method of counting unemployment since we started keeping track. This republican BS about adding people "not seeking employment" is just to fit their own dogma. Stop that crap. The national unemployment rate is currently 5.8... period

2) ....

http://crfb.org/blogs/has-deficit-been-cut-half

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/...-cut-half-2009

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ks-103092.html

stop trying to spin into your own world view. If you have to manipulate the facts.. they are no longer facts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the GOP was TRULY honest they'd admit that the MAIN reason they don't want ANY of this is for the utter fear they have that the Democrats will now have millions of new potential voters on their side.

That's it, that's all.

This is the REAL reason they hate all of this.

BTW....what is the GOP solution?

Do nothing.....and BTW, THAT is the best solution for them, they get to keep illegals doing slave jobs for slave wages and meanwhile those slaves err....illegals don't get any voting rights.

WOW....I wonder why SO MANY Hispanics DO NOT LIKE the GOP?!

I wonder why SO MANY Hispanics constantly vote for democrats?!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 11-22-2014 at 01:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I was Obama I'd start doing executive orders left and right until my term is up.

SCREW Congress.....do it yourself Obama.

Redeem yourself for these two last years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

HURR DURR....Conservative Fox News freaking brain dead idiots bash Obama for quoting the Bible....

^As an Atheist nothing amuses me more than seeing religious idiots attack other religious people on the SAME FREAKING RELIGION!

@GOP Far Right Christian morons.....read your GOD DAMN BIBLES!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I counted all dogs as cats we would have twice as many cats in the world too lol... what you just did (again) is spin....

1) we've used the same method of counting unemployment since we started keeping track. This republican BS about adding people "not seeking employment" is just to fit their own dogma. Stop that crap. The national unemployment rate is currently 5.8... period

2) ....

http://crfb.org/blogs/has-deficit-been-cut-half

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/...-cut-half-2009

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ks-103092.html

stop trying to spin into your own world view. If you have to manipulate the facts.. they are no longer facts.

1) For your scoffing and indignation pleasure:
    Lower Participation = Lower Unemployment Rate. As high as the unemployment numbers are, they still overstate the economy’s performance. Since the recession began, the labor force participation rate—the proportion of adults either working or trying to find work—has fallen by 3.2 percentage points. The government counts only people actively looking for jobs as unemployed. The drop in labor force participation accounts for almost the entire net drop in the unemployment rate over the past five years.
    Another measure of the state of the labor market is the employment–population ratio. This ratio shows employees as a proportion of all adults, both those looking for work and those outside the labor force. During the recession, the employment–population ratio fell sharply and the unemployment rate increased. Since then, the unemployment rate has improved modestly. The employment–population ratio barely increased.

The unemployment rate peaked at 10.0 percent in October 2009 and currently stands at 6.3 percent. The employment–population ratio has gone from 58.5 percent to 58.9 percent during this time. Unemployment has fallen because fewer Americans are looking for work, not because more Americans are finding jobs. Since the recession ended, job creation has only slightly exceeded population growth.

2) Regarding the deficit please reread the chart to see that Obama's best projected deficit (this year per your article) is still greater than any single year deficit that we have had since 1992. Whoop de do that he has cut the deficit in half after TRIPLING the deficit.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

If the GOP was TRULY honest they'd admit that the MAIN reason they don't want ANY of this is for the utter fear they have that the Democrats will now have millions of new potential voters on their side.

That's it, that's all.

?!

And if the Dems and their ill informed supporters would admit this is the driving force behind letting the illegals stay it would be refreshing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Sometimes the ugly backroom dealings of capitalism have a major and direct impact on human beings when businesses force down wages so they can make more money.

If the economy catches on fire again and we have labor shortages then increasing immigration to fill these needs makes more sense because it does not come at the expense of the current citizens.

I've witnessed first hand just how needed the 'illegals' (and, I use that term lightly, because nobody is illegal, anywhere. This Earth belongs to us all. If you have a dream, and want to plant it in the USA, then come on over) are, and without them, farmers in California would go out of business and there would me a MASSIVE food shortage everywhere in the world. People do not want to pay much for these veggies and crops, and so farmers cannot pay their workers good wages. If they were to pay minimum wage, the cost of this food would skyrocket, and people wouldn't buy the food. Very few Americans are willing to go through the strenuous labor for very low wages, and without these immigrants, the food would not be able to be harvested. The government of California basically turns their head and doesn't do anything about it because they know just how crucial these people are to the economy.

Think about it, if you didn't have a job, would you work 12-13 hours a day in a hot field, doing hard, manual labor, for $2-3 dollars an hour?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've witnessed first hand just how needed the 'illegals' (and, I use that term lightly, because nobody is illegal, anywhere. This Earth belongs to us all. If you have a dream, and want to plant it in the USA, then come on over)

I want to sing kumbaya now. Anyone want to join me? Sorry Andrew just a little fun, I know you're a young buck and have some idealistic dreams...I was this way too and as a kid, I dreamed of ways to make it illegal to throw away aluminum cans and recycle 100% of them...that dream failed too.

Anyway, if illegals gain legal status, would they be entitled to minimum wage, seemed like the only way this stuff worked was for them to stay under the radar and get paid under the table.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

[QUOTE]stop trying to spin into your own world view. If you have to manipulate the facts.. they are no longer facts.[/QUOTE

a smaller participation rate means more people getting government help and giving up trying to find a job. It is not a "spin" on anything. leaving out a major fact to make yours seem legit, is the only spin going on.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast