Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Trying to understand Republican logic on what Barack Obama is doing....

So every year of his presidency Obama has demanded action on Immigration correct? Well 18 months ago the Senate passed an Immigration reform bill and sent it to congress. Since that date John Boehner has sat on his thumbs, not allowing that bi partisan bill to even be voted on (he knew it would pass). In the months since, the President has said over and over that if congress did not act... he would. He has repeated many times he hates Executive Orders (has used less than any president in the last 100 years in fact)... but if congress does not act it will force his hand. Anyone pretending otherwise is simply trying to spin you... don't let them.

Skip ahead to today, and the Republicans are acting like spoiled children refusing to come home for dinner because their mom is yelling at them? lol. What Obama is doing is EXACTLY what Reagan and Bush did in the 80's, ON THE EXACT SAME SUBJECT... shockingly, those were two republican presidents who were never threatened with impeachment for doing so. If the republican party doesn't want the President to do this.... DO YOUR JOBS AND VOTE ON THE BILL!!!!!!
    Last edited by Imac7065; 11-21-2014 at 10:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

16 days to come out of hiding since the election and this is the best that you have? Sorry about the whooping that your boys and girls took in the elections. The liberal/progressive ideology took a beating and that makes me happy!

Obama has nobody to blame but himself for pushing immigration reform forward. He has been president for 6 years and thankfully has failed miserably in tackling immigration reform through legislation versus cowardly executive action. Sorry MSNBC is not giving you all of the facts.

If liberals don't think everybody in America sees immigration reform as anything more than vote buying then you are fooling yourself.

Find my thread where Obama decries the impact of immigration on African Americans and the working poor. He is making the exact statements that I have been making, but good old Barry just does not feel that way anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

16 days to come out of hiding since the election and this is the best that you have? Sorry about the whooping that your boys and girls took in the elections. The liberal/progressive ideology took a beating and that makes me happy!

Obama has nobody to blame but himself for pushing immigration reform forward. He has been president for 6 years and thankfully has failed miserably in tackling immigration reform through legislation versus cowardly executive action. Sorry MSNBC is not giving you all of the facts.

If liberals don't think everybody in America sees immigration reform as anything more than vote buying then you are fooling yourself.

Find my thread where Obama decries the impact of immigration on African Americans and the working poor. He is making the exact statements that I have been making, but good old Barry just does not feel that way anymore.

1) If a 20-30% voter turn out means a "whooping"... then run with it. In 2016 the exact "whooping" will be in reverse... and again revesed in 2018, 2020, etc etc. Until we wake up and VOTE... republicans will always win mid terms frustratingly. This is why Republicans always support voter suppression laws.. they know a lesser turn out is better for them.

2) Vote buying?! lol... Obama has been pushing this for the 6 years you just talked about. A year and a half ago the senate passed a bill. WHY HASN'T CONGRESS VOTED ON A BILL PASSED 18 MONTHS AGO?! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

republicans will always win mid terms frustratingly. This is why Republicans always support voter suppression laws.. they know a lesser turn out is better for them.

bull, republicans do not always win in midterms, and if asking for an ID is voter suppression, I am santa.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So every year of his presidency Obama has demanded action on Immigration correct? Well 18 months ago the Senate passed an Immigration reform bill and sent it to congress. Since that date John Bohner has sat on his thumbs, not allowing that bi partisan bill to be voted on (because he knew it would pass FYI). Since that date the President has said over and over that if congress did not act... he would. He has said a ton of time he hates Executive Orders (has used less than any president in the last 100 years in fact)... but if congress does not act it will force his hand. Anyone pretending otherwise is simply trying to spin you... don't let them.

Skip ahead to today, and the Republicans are acting like spoiled children refusing to come home for dinner because their mom is yelling at them? lol. What Obama is doing is EXACTLY what Reagan and Bush did in the 80's, ON THE EXACT SAME SUBJECT... shockingly, those were two republican presidents who were never threatened with impeachment for doing so. If the republican party doesn't want the President to do this.... DO YOUR JOBS AND VOTE ON THE BILL!!!!!!

Just curious if you feel the same way about the 350+ House approved bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk that he refuses to bring to a vote, or am I correct in assuming that you only take issue with Republicans refusing to step in line with what Democrats want and see no problem with Democrats acting the same way with Republicans.

Simple reality is Obama using executive order to give amnesty to 16 million illegals is a direct action to undermine the legal system that we have in place to handle these issues. Executive order should not be used to change a law that he, one man, does not like. That is the actions of a dictator, not a leader. Leaders unite, compromise and work to accomplish things, they do not force something that the majority of Americans oppose down their throats.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Imac, you're worse then Alex when it comes to politics.

I can't believe you actually blame the election on voter turn out. Can't be because of Obama's failed policies acrossed the board.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I guess even the people who got the free cell phones realize what a joke Obama is. Even a free trip to the voting booth could not get a turn out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

bull, republicans do not always win in midterms, and if asking for an ID is voter suppression, I am santa.

1) outside of 2006 (a rebute to Bush) republicans have won the midterms for the last 20 years.

2) Yes... requiring an ID is voter suppression... aimed directly at the poor. In Texas you cannot use your student ID to vote, but you can use your gun permit... I'm sure that's 100% to ensure there is no voter fraud right? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just curious if you feel the same way about the 350+ House approved bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk that he refuses to bring to a vote, or am I correct in assuming that you only take issue with Republicans refusing to step in line with what Democrats want and see no problem with Democrats acting the same way with Republicans.

Simple reality is Obama using executive order to give amnesty to 16 million illegals is a direct action to undermine the legal system that we have in place to handle these issues. Executive order should not be used to change a law that he, one man, does not like. That is the actions of a dictator, not a leader. Leaders unite, compromise and work to accomplish things, they do not force something that the majority of Americans oppose down their throats.

There aren't 350+ bills LOL... but yes I feel the same about it being vice versa. Reid knew the Obamacare defunding bills would never pass so he didn't bother with those (the real number is 50-60).

In contrast all signs indicate the Immigration bill WOULD pass the house.. and Bohner refuses to put it to vote.

Also.. there is no amnesty going to anyone as far as I know. What the president is doing is creating a defacto visa program to illegals already in the country, stopping them from being deported. We won't know the exact details until later tonight however.

Small FYI... Obama has deported more illegals than any president in history. Strange how facts never support the propaganda lol
    Last edited by Imac7065; 11-20-2014 at 11:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess even the people who got the free cell phones realize what a joke Obama is. Even a free trip to the voting booth could not get a turn out.

You are aware that the "Obama phone" that right wing radio went nuts about was actually a 1988 Ronald Reagan bill, re affirmed by Bush 41. The idea was to ensure all citizens had access to 911. Cell phones are just the updated version of this REPUBLICAN law lol.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast