Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

That looks amazing. Glad you knocked this one off the list. GL getting the Ranford done

It would be cool if they could do some more of these in other sets (different teams)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

That looks amazing, congrats!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

That is awesome...what would be nice is if that was a new release. Like, base cards, then 1 manufactured patch player card, chance of the auto per box....for every current, then some past teams...that would be a sick release. Fun to trade....players, logo pieces, etc....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Beaszt519's Items on eBay

This is one of the nicest things I've ever seen completed in this hobby. Congrats =)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks for all the comments guys. Nice to see others agree with me, that it looks great!

I would agree, at least in theory, with the idea of doing sets like this for more teams. If I were betting on it.... I would think Boston would be the next one to get this treatment from UD. I say Boston, because it's another way to leverage their Orr exclusive (much how they did their Gretzky with the Oilers set).

I will try and post scans in this thread (or a new one??) of some more of the cards I've collected from the same release, but it's one that as more time goes by.... I have to give UD full marks for their work here. Would I have liked GU Jerseys to be used in the set? Yes I would have, and I thought it was kind of cheap of them not to use them. It's a set filled with manufactured patches & sticker autographs which came across as pretty lazy to me when I was first reviewing the checklist.

Except the execution of it, it really wasn't lazy at all.

The Team Logo Patches in this set are beauties. You see the Monumental Emblem that I put together (there are also Auto'd versions of these cards). There's Championship Banners (all limited to 99 or less, and there are auto versions of some of them) which show a player, and have a patch of a Stanley Cup Banner for the season in which they won the cup (multiple cards for guys that won multiple cups), and retired numbers (also with auto'd versions).

Then there's the Franchise Inks, the autograph set. While stickers are a lazy way to do it, I can tell you for a fact this was not a lazy set for UD to put together. There were a couple of guys in it (Darcy Hordichuk, Jason Chimera) that had never signed for a card company before. There were a few others (I can't recall who off the top of my head) that had never signed for UD before. There are a lot in the set that hadn't signed in a long time. Then add in multi-player auto'd cards (I would have made a few different combos, but whatever) and this set has been a huge hit.

I definitely think it could work for other teams.

NO TRADING/NO SALES ALLOWED

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kaidensage's Items on eBay

i am not a hockey collector but this is so sweeeet!!! This makes me want to start a collection myself. If i was to do so what would any of you recommend. I do not have a specific team or player in mind. I wanted to do some Avalanche stuff but it is stupid expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very nice set, well done. I also agree that this needs to be displayed!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12