Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Because our government has caused innocent people to be detained for years and go through various amounts of torture because they didn't have the wherewithal to find out if they were in fact terrorists. I'm baffled as to how you can not be bothered by this? It's sad that you have zero empathy for someone trying to live his life and gets scooped up in a terrorist dragnet and years taken from his life by being incarcerated and tortured. I'd ask you if it's because these innocent people are not americans but something tells me that you wouldn't necessarily have an issue with this even if they were americans... just as long as they weren't your loved ones or have the same ideologies as you.

I'm baffled that you're missing the big picture and have remorse towards terrorists.

So what that an innocent person was tortured. We didn't know they were innocent until afterwards.

We are at WAR with Terrorism. How many lives were saved because of torture? Do you have that number? Oh.. You don't. Because no one does. It's countless. If we were given info to the whereabouts of other terrorist leaders, then we took them out, we foiled any potentially future terrorist attacks.

But keep looking the other way on the good of all of this and worry about the small fraction of people who lost "years" of their lives, instead of all the innocent people who are LOSING their lives.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm baffled that you're missing the big picture and have remorse towards terrorists.

So what that an innocent person was tortured. We didn't know they were innocent until afterwards.

We are at WAR with Terrorism. How many lives were saved because of torture? Do you have that number? Oh.. You don't. Because no one does. It's countless. If we were given info to the whereabouts of other terrorist leaders, then we took them out, we foiled any potentially future terrorist attacks.

But keep looking the other way on the good of all of this and worry about the small fraction of people who lost "years" of their lives, instead of all the innocent people who are LOSING their lives.

I couldn't say it any better!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

See what the Taliban did today to those children? Beheading children in a school. The very same people that were at Gitmo.

The exact people?

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Same Ideologies?

Or wasn't the Taliban ever at Gitmo?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say all the innocents where wrong place wrong time. If you're associated with terrorists, or found with weapons or other damning evidence, wrong or innocent, you're going to be detained.

But to say we know that they were innocent ahead of time, is purely assinine.

I never said we should have know ahead of time (of capturing them) that the US should have known. I said you should find out before detaining innocents for years and torturing them.

I haven't heard of their circumstances that caused them to be detained. I haven't heard if they had weapons or what. If they were found to be innocent I assumed there was no damning evidence. That's the point. They should have had due process to prove or disprove that they were in fact terrorists.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You obviously aren't reading my posts. My remorse is for the 20% of the detainees that had no business being imprisoned and tortured. Although I still think even the guilty terrorists don't need to be tortured. You keep saying "liberals" are terrorist sympathizers. You obviously can't separate between the terrorists and the innocent people our government treated like terrorists without actually knowing for sure and not feeling like they should take the time to find out.

I'm shocked that you say "So what that an innocent person was tortured." Why not find out before? This isn't like 24 and jack bauer had 1 hour to get information from a guy about a bomb that's set to detonate at the end of that hour. These guys were held for years. There was time to find out who exactly who they had before detaining and torturing innocent people.

If I don't have a number then don't sit there and say that you do too. I've never claimed to know how many have or have not been saved by this torture. The report seems to say that it's low, but I haven't personally read the report.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Same Ideologies?

Or wasn't the Taliban ever at Gitmo?

obviously same ideologies. I wasn't sure if you were saying they were some of the exact people. That's why I asked the question.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ONe other thing... how is wanting our government to act better than a terrorist group and wanting them to put in work to figure out if the people they are imprisoning are in fact deserving of being imprisoned anything close to looking the other way. I'm so tired of people acting like questioning a system is somehow sympathizing to terrorists or in some way saying that we should never capture terrorists. Questioning the system does not mean I believe that actual terrorists shouldn't be dealt with... although I still don't think they should be tortured once they have been captured.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

You obviously aren't reading my posts. My remorse is for the 20% of the detainees that had no business being imprisoned and tortured. Although I still think even the guilty terrorists don't need to be tortured. You keep saying "liberals" are terrorist sympathizers. You obviously can't separate between the terrorists and the innocent people our government treated like terrorists without actually knowing for sure and not feeling like they should take the time to find out.

I'm shocked that you say "So what that an innocent person was tortured." Why not find out before? This isn't like 24 and jack bauer had 1 hour to get information from a guy about a bomb that's set to detonate at the end of that hour. These guys were held for years. There was time to find out who exactly who they had before detaining and torturing innocent people.

If I don't have a number then don't sit there and say that you do too. I've never claimed to know how many have or have not been saved by this torture. The report seems to say that it's low, but I haven't personally read the report.

You don't know that to be true at all. That's purely 100% speculation.. You assume that places like eastern afghanistan have an organized way of tracking their people. The US Military probably made it 1000x better then what it was before we moved in. So to know everyones criminal history was probably slim to none. Then their inner circles was probably equally as difficult. So to have this little trial before interogating is almost laughable. When they were detained, they were obviously in trouble for something. Most likely running with the wrong crowd and or assisting known terrorists.

And anyone who says the "number is low" for people saved are assinine. What if our intel on Bin Laden sons and hierarchy came from the torture? Not saying it did or didn't, but those were key players in terrorism in Afghanistan and Al Qaeda. A few key terrorist leaders + time = Multiple Attacks = ~higher death toll then there is now.

Like the CIA director said. These Interogations gave the US the Home Depot of Intellegence. So how does that exactly equate to a "small number" of lives saved?

26 innocent people is simply collateral damage for the countless number of lives saved, and the thousands of tailban and terrorists killed. Doesn't bother me one bit. A job Well Done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You don't know that to be true at all. That's purely 100% speculation.. You assume that places like eastern afghanistan have an organized way of tracking their people. The US Military probably made it 1000x better then what it was before we moved in. So to know everyones criminal history was probably slim to none. Then their inner circles was probably equally as difficult. So to have this little trial before interogating is almost laughable. When they were detained, they were obviously in trouble for something. Most likely running with the wrong crowd and or assisting known terrorists.

And anyone who says the "number is low" for people saved are assinine. What if our intel on Bin Laden sons and hierarchy came from the torture? Not saying it did or didn't, but those were key players in terrorism in Afghanistan and Al Qaeda. A few key terrorist leaders + time = Multiple Attacks = ~higher death toll then there is now.

Like the CIA director said. These Interogations gave the US the Home Depot of Intellegence. So how does that exactly equate to a "small number" of lives saved?

26 innocent people is simply collateral damage for the countless number of lives saved, and the thousands of tailban and terrorists killed. Doesn't bother me one bit. A job Well Done.

Hey this is sports card forum right? Star is just Monday morning quarterbacking, easy to do now but not so easy to do right after 9/11!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast