Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See carmenscardcloset-2009's Items on eBay

Question about 2012/13 BTP Patch and Autos

I've had a Malcolm Subban 12/13 BTP Patch and Auto for some time, not thinking it was really worth more than like $15. I found out these are quite hard to get, as all of the Patch and Autos from that year are listed as being limited to 5. I'm assuming I kind of overshot the price here, but that was just a precaution. Can anyone shed some light on how much a card like this is worth? I don't know that much about ITG and Malcolm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181631747224...84.m1555.l2649

Thanks!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Never hurts to ask.

I don't think you'll get quite that much for it, but Subban's a top prospect in Boston's system. If he ever makes the NHL it'll be a pretty popular card. Maybe $50-$60 at this point?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spavs's Items on eBay

ITG set listed them as out of 5

and for ITG stuff since the deal with Leaf, and the fact than we can't find any information on future release has really drive the price down for these..

But it's an auto patch out of 5, of a good Bruins prospects

The Corey Crawford in the same set just sold for 23.50....

So I hope this helped

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Your $99.99 is certainly not unreasonable as an asking price, but honestly I think it is a $40-$50 card. Might be worth hanging onto as I do think he will crack the line-up at some point and interest will blip upwards. Consider accepting offers $50+ if looking to sell now.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think you're doing the right thing.

It's REALLY limited. If someone hits the BIN, great. If they make you an offer you like, still pretty good. I'd think the $40-$50 range is fair for it..... but that's me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks a lot, guys. I would like the money now, so I mean I'm gonna see what happens. If no one bites, I'll hang on to it. I originally had it on for 139.99 (that's what I meant by the precaution). Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate everyone's 2 cents!
    Last edited by carmenscardcloset; 01-04-2015 at 11:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

As you're well aware by now the Patch Auto version you have is very limited.

As for Malcolm Subban himself I must say I think it will be interesting for him. His brother P.K. Subban is a much-loved defensman in the league so people naturally pay attention to younger siblings coming up in the league. Last year when Montreal beat Boston in the playoffs and because Subban scored (the first or final goal, I can't remember) Boston fans were calling him a monkey and whatever they could think of at the time not knowing that his younger brother Malcolm was drafted by Boston.

Needless to say there is quite a lot of interest/speculation towards Malcolm Subban and out of all the Patch/Auto versions you could pull you definitely pulled a decent player holding decent value.

I think RGM81 is correct in maybe $50-$60 for this card. Don't judge by a NHL goaltender of the same set selling for less very recently. The same card could have sold for 3x as much in the past and could very well sell for 3x as much in the future. There are a lot of impulse buyers basing things on current performance and there are a lot of Subban collectors. The value of this card is up in the air much like every future NHL player.

I've pulled the same card of different players who held a reasonable amount of interest and sold them for $35. That is a reasonable offer but it's possible to sell for $50-60 if that player is in the spotlight.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

looks like you sold it so thats a bonus! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know. Couldn't have done it without you guys. I haven't been on here for a while until just recently. I forgot how good the community is here. Good to be back.