Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bakery that refused to make anti-gay cake slapped with religious discrimination case

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ourt-case.html

An anti-gay activist has filed a religious discrimination complaint against a bakery that refused to decorate a Bible-shaped cake with words describing homosexuals as 'detestable'.

Azucar Bakery in Denver, Colorado, agreed to the order last March but said they would not inscribe the incendiary words.

They also refused the elderly man's request for a design featuring two men holding hands with an 'X' over them, followed by the words 'god hates homosexuality'.

Now, the bakery has received an official complaint letter from the man via the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA).

Silva, who is filing a response, said: 'I would like to make it clear that we never refused service. We only refused to write and draw what we felt was discriminatory against gays.

'In the same manner we would not make a discriminatory cake against Christians, we will not make one that discriminates against gays.'

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my opinion..I think its a lost case.The bakery should win that case very easily.
    What people WON'T do to cause a scene in todays world.Simply Sad!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

IMO the bakery should lose the case. I don't think the idea of the cake is right, but just like it is wrong to refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple it is equally wrong to refuse service to someone because they are anti-gay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I don't think they should have to make it, but I also don't think people should have to make cakes for gay weddings if they don't want to.

I never understood how people who want personal freedoms, refuse to allow others to have the same.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think they should have to make it, but I also don't think people should have to make cakes for gay weddings if they don't want to.

I never understood how people who want personal freedoms, refuse to allow others to have the same.

I AGREE shrews...great comment.....and to take it to the next level...whats next....go to a bakery wanting a cake...and then say..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait a minute...i want you to use THESE ingredients!!!! not yours.i mean come on.....is there no common sense left in the world anymore??? unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Christianity at it's finest...

It's funny because the cake maker is a Christian and doesn't wish to write the discriminatory message on the cake....the cake going to other Christians...

God, I love this SO MUCH...not only do you see in this story how Christians range from bigoted morons to decent human beings, you also see the very contradicting nature that is the Bible...

There is absolutely no doubt about how bigoted the Bible truly is towards guys....they are an abomination, they are filthy, they are sinners, they deserve DEATH BY STONNING!

The Bible couldn't be any more clear on what and how gays should be treated...

And yet on the other side, the compassionate side, one which claims one should not judge, one should even love thy enemy, and one should act upon the golden rule.

I literally don't know how any Christian deals with such conflictory message.

THANK GOD I'm not a Christian. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wrong again, if you are using the word Bible and Christian, I would have to remind you of the last story about stoning someone, here's a hint (no one threw a single stone)

and here is a so called liberal who has no issues with rights being trampled on, because they are not of his beliefs.

proof, no concern or mention of it in his response, just some uneducated religious bashing.

Alex, did you live with the Amish? I am trying to figure out what type of "Christians" you were part of.

Here is a simple way to follow Christian teachings, WWJD?

would Jesus kill gays?
    would Jesus stone you or gays to death?

Even in the one example of Jesus dealing with stoning, Jesus says that the one without sin can cast the first stone. there was one person there without sin, which was Jesus, did he cast the stone?
    So not only does Jesus teach you not to stone people to death, judge people for what they do or who they are, but even Jesus himself does not cast judgment.

THANK GOD I am a Christian :) I would not want to follow any other teacher.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This has nothing to do with christianity....it has to do with RIGHTS and CHOICE.The bakery shouldn't have to be demanded to do something they choose not to do.

Many stores don't take personal checks...but yet they take credit cards right?? Should a person then storm down to the town hall and DEMAND that the store takes personal checks???? Of course not..its their choice...just like the bakery....end of case!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shrew, give me a break...

First of all, I already told you I was an evangelical, and yeah they hammered into my head how terrible homosexuality really is....but not to worry, Jesus loves them, but no freaking way will we accept their dirty lifestyle to be mainstream or allow them the same rights straight couples have!

No Shrew, Jesus would never stone a gay, he would never look down on them either, he would love them as equals....

HOWEVER....Jesus' dad on the other hand....he very much dislikes gays.

So much does he dislike them that he destroyed two cities (supposedly) because of homosexuality.

He clearly said to stone gays in the OT.

Do me a favor Shrew, if you want to only follow Christ that is more than fine....but you should REJECT the OT for all the horrible things it says and stands for.

Yahweh is not as compassionate as Jesus, and he will send every gay to hell without blinking an eye.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why should the bakery have to make it? They have the right to refuse service to anybody they want, for any reason they want. Enough of the enabling crap. The bakery doesn't hold their belief and doesn't have to abide by their requests. Would be moronic to make it a lawsuit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast