Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

You know, I couldn't really wrap together a good post describing it (I had many drafts that I ended up not posting), but you bring up some of the things I was talking about. I am all for discussion. There are going to be disagreements. But when it comes to the constant nagging and name calling and what not towards the same few people, from an outsider's view, why would anyone want to jump in?

We are on the same page andrew. I like reading and posting in this thread but when a post devolves into a three page string of jags at individuals or liberals or conservatives as a whole it keeps me from participating.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I told you God existed but you don't believe me. Why do you take some things on faith and all other things require scientific evidence, shouldn't everything require scientific evidence for you?

possibly because one is speaking about themselves based off of personal experiences.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Like everything on this board in a great sports card trading site it is a matter of opinion. What you may view as a smack 8 others don't. What I see as novice you may see as expert. All in the eye of the beholder.
    The main reason, in my opinion, that it's said is to demean. I get that it's used to say the person it's being said about has less experience but if someone wants to say that as a legitimate argument to a topic they would just say that. They wouldn't keep bringing it up to this specific person over and over in a snarky way.

Usually if someone says a person lives in their mom's basement it is supposed to be a smack on that person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

there is no normal,how "normal" is it to "discus"on a sports card site?

in the politics and religion page it is perfectly normal. It's actually the only page that I visit on this site, typically. I've never understood the issue people have about these topics being discussed on a sports card site within off topic pages. The site wants as much traffic as it can get so why not have this area?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like everything on this board in a great sports card trading site it is a matter of opinion. What you may view as a smack 8 others don't. What I see as novice you may see as expert. All in the eye of the beholder.
    [/B]

I've never heard of someone trying to argue that the use of the phrase "you live in your mom's basement" as nothing more than an insult.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

And that is how you view it and I respect that. SO does that mean if somebody does not see it as an insult you do not respect their view?????
    I've never heard of someone trying to argue that the use of the phrase "you live in your mom's basement" as nothing more than an insult.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

And we wonder why this board is so dysfunctional. Can't even get agreement on what it an obvious attempt to insult.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

there is no normal,how "normal" is it to "discus"on a sports card site?

Andrew - Don't worry about normal, there is no such thing. My advice would be seek God in all you do and find contentment with your circumstances.

Ehh, normal wasn't the right word. I guess like everyone else? (or the majority of people that is). And beach, my relationship with God is as good as I'd want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

habs, yes I have had people in homosexual relationships say it is a choice, so perhaps they are bisexual or pansexual?
    and all gays are not rediculed at all, they are normal people living normal lives, and have no issues. In the last 15-10 years, I have never once been with any of our friends and had anyone say anything at all, not a single word. Perhaps it is where we go or where we live, but never once.
    this is just another stereotype; that all gays are followed by a crowd of haters.
    this is not to say gays are not harassed, beaten, threatened, and even killed, but it is not the norm.

andrew, everything you do in life is not easy, and usually the stuff that is easy usually ain't worth doing.
    I have been married for nearly a quarter of a century, not easy at all, but worth it.
    I grew up as the only person in my home who cared about religion, not easy with two older atheist brothers, I can remember some fist fights with one of them over religion, more than once.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

We are on the same page andrew. I like reading and posting in this thread but when a post devolves into a three page string of jags at individuals or liberals or conservatives as a whole it keeps me from participating.

And we wonder why this board is so dysfunctional. Can't even get agreement on what it an obvious attempt to insult.

Sorry for a double post. Responded before hitting refresh.

Star, right on. Posting and discussing is fun...but when it constantly gets out of hand, whats the point? You beat a dead horse over and over. Kudos to those who have the patience to repeat themselves over and over and still have people misquote them. I don't know how Alex is still functioning. That dude takes heat like no other

Habs, I didn't see the quote until Star quoted it, but your post is oh so true!

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast