Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

McDavid is the kid Buffalo wants, he's played real hockey, with hitting, fighting and this kid is for real, he's not a freshman college player.

Buffalo is pretty much Canadian, they say all the Leaf Fans buy the Sabre hockey tickets and that pays for Sabre Fans Ticket subscriptions for the year.

Pretty much...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

not crazy about losing Lemiuex, but with Reinhart still in the org, and next year's draft, totally fine with it. What is the deal with Kasdorf? Buffalo has 2 goalies (Enroth and Neuvirth) that are UFA's next year.

Enroth is now with Dallas. Traded him for Lindback and a conditional 3rd round pick. Not sure what Lindbacks contact situation is though

This trade happened after the Myers deal.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

this all works really super duper for me!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good moves by Buffalo. I'm still praying a team out of the bottom 2 wins the lottery. Would be great to see.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

This seems like a good trade for the Jets, simply getting rid of 2 over paid players, bad contracts, gives them freedom to do better things in the future, and a first round pick is always a good thing. For the future, if Myers can find his potential, which is more likely now with a better supporting cast, than it is an incredible trade for them.
    Than again, Myers may have been acquired for another reason, to land Jordan Eberle in Winnipeg. If that ends up being the final result, getting Eberle for Kane, than that is some amazing work by Jets GM, Chevaldayoff.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I'm going to try and not be too bias as a Sabres fan but we will see....

I think this is a pretty good hockey trade for both teams. Winnipeg gets some immediate help in the form of Stafford and a couple of nice prospects. I'm not convinced Myers is much of an upgrade over Bogosian. Most of the advanced stats have them as very similar players. Armia was coming into his own this year, but I feel will at best be a streaky goal scorer at the NHL ranks. Lemieux initially hurt the most in this deal, however seeing reports about him not wanting to sign in Buffalo was troubling, so I can see why Murray wasn't more hesitant to deal him. Lemieux scores most of his goals on the PP, but could be a very good 3rd line guy with some scoring potential. The 1st is a nice for the Jets to pick up, but will probably be 20+ and another prospect in the Armia/Lemieux range.

The Sabres however are easily getting the best player in the deal in Kane. Everyone seems to point towards his attitude and that he's guaranteed be a head case going forward, however there are plenty of examples in recent years of players turning it around with their new teams or simply just growing up (Kessel, Seguin, P. Kane). That's not a guarantee that he will stop acting like a knucklehead, but to assume he's always going to be a problem is probably unwise. I always liked Bogosian, and feel there won't be a big drop off between Myers and him if any at all. He needs to stay healthy however.

In conclusion, did the Sabres overpay? Probably a little. You have to overpay sometimes in order to acquire top end talent. There's no doubt if Kane takes this opportunity and runs with it, he can be one of the next great goal scorers in the league (especially with McEichel feeding him the puck). I still feel it's a good deal for both teams, and anyone who thinks either the Sabres or Jets got hosed is probably not a very observant hockey fan. You can't make trades like in EA NHL games where Crosby is traded for Olli Jokinen, you've got to give up good players and assets to get them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I think this is a good trade for both teams.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Yeah what Cunnuc just said, lol, was just thinking, what if this is a big favor, mostly to both young player's, both talented but need a little shift, or a second chance even to be who they really have potential to be. Best scenario, both Kane and Myers, for them and the sport, they become the Superstars they were billed to be. Great for Winnipeg, and great for Buffalo. Cool they pulled off an old-school trade again.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's a huge opportunity for all of them.

Myers gets to demonstrate that it was more of a situational thing with his decline in play since his Calder year.

Kane gets to re-invent himself...and believe me, Josh Gorges and Brian Gionta aren't going to let him get away with the stuff he's been getting away with while in Winnipeg.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It'll give Kane and Myers a fresh start. New teams new attitudes. That's what one can hope with this deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123