Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

What is going to happen to Sportkings

Does anyone know if there are plans for the Sportkings lineup? With the merger of ITG and Leaf, I wonder if Leaf will take up the set or not. Q was similar, but far more expensive.
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good question. It will probably depend on what it made for ITG. Leaf is all about making $$$$ so if the product wasn't a money maker it will get bumped for something like Q instead. I don't really think the marketplace can really support a multisport product every year with what the other companies release but one every couple of years that includes new and hot autographs could be a great idea.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

True, but I feel that ITG would have a surplus of memorabilia stuff from the multi-sport athletes that they usually work with (obviously this is an assumption). They did with hockey anyway. Why not use these? Maybe Leaf Q was designed to take over Sportkings. I surely hope not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought I posted something on them before:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...2#post13303292

Leaf CEO Brian Gray told Beckett Media at the 2014 Industry Summit that his company is working on a new release, which is slated to come out around the 2014 National Sports Collector Convention.

“We are getting all new names in the product,” Gray told Beckett Media. “We got (Michael) Phelps, he’s never been in it before. We got Ichiro in there. We’ll also have guys like (Johnny) Manziel and Jadeveon Clowney.”

So my question would be was this set released? If it wasn't and Q was released instead with Phelps, Clowney, and Manziel then that would answer your question.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh okay I missed that. Those names were all featured in "Q". I really hope that they stick with the Sportkings name, I'd honestly would be pretty shocked if they had the rights and never used them.