Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can we save SCF?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

people put like zero effort into threads they make, which is why it is difficult to navigate the buy/sell forums

all they do is put "bucket fs"
    then drop a link

like seriously, if you want action going on, there has to be a standard. put out a list, put up the scans, and put up some prices dlvd for people to look at.

SCF Rewards
    Country

people put like zero effort into threads they make, which is why it is difficult to navigate the buy/sell forums

then drop a link

like seriously, if you want action going on, there has to be a standard. put out a list, put up the scans, and put up some prices dlvd for people to look at.

it works the other way, when I post I get a lot of "check my bucket" replies. What's in your bucket? Why should I spend time going through your bucket? You are correct, no effort is given.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I spend a huge amount of time on ebay for cards and here's why:
    Buckets are horrible!! 1) the pictures are way to small. 2) never can see the players name 3) never can see the card brand 4) you're suppose to know who it is by looking at the auto...good luck with that. 5) most times than not...NO PRICES! and 6) oh wait....you can most of the time make out the team..lol

Its VERY hard to determine what to offer ,when you can't find the prices (IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD) to at least MAkE an offer.PSA site has no prices on autos...the Beckett site might have prices..but I'm not spending 6.75 a month to see prices.....and I'm surely not going to open a window and constantly check for a ball park figure everytime I want to buy/trade......
    Many know where to get their prices...but many don't.You want to sell/trade your cards???.....a little bit of help goes a LONG WAY!!
    Dave C.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I have dome this to many of my threads with NO DICE. Bottom line if you don't have what is hot nobody cares. Most super collectors have filled their collections here and probably move on since there is nothing else they can find.

then drop a link

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

But I do love this sites TTM section. It helped my collection a great deal and it is easy for others to know who signs and who don't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kyotesportskards's Items on eBay

I've only been here for a little over a year so I guess I don't know how it used to be but I do enjoy it here. I belong to Cardboard Connection and this site only. CCC seems a little more close knit to me which is most likely due to less traffic. It's much more laid back which I prefer.

When I first began trading I would post a looking to trade thread, check my bucket and honestly it got overwhelming trying to respond to all the PMs and responses. I now try to just post a specific card or set of cards that I'm looking to trade and that does work better, I just was going by what most others were doing. I guess for me this site is plenty active for my taste.

As far as the hobby itself, it's a lot different than even 10 years ago. I have 3 boys aged 12-8 and while we like a nice 3 color patch card auto as well as the next person, we also enjoy inserts and base cards of guys I grew up watching in the 80's. There are a lot of great people on this site and CCC regardless of the current activity level. I wouldn't continue coming back if it weren't for the people, and that's true of any establishment in life.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

Does anybody use the inventory manager to showcase what they have and want? I kinda thought that was a good way to alert people, and then you can PM each other if scans and more info are needed.

I just signed up for this a few weeks ago and it's opened me up to a whole nother animal in this hobby and I'm eager to get trading/buying/selling! I haven't had much time to start putting up what I have available, but I have made a small list of what I'm looking for...I'm on this thing all day (at work no less) and am always looking for updates and new posts. We just have to take responsibility to keep this place going strong! I'm willing to put in the effort!
    Last edited by grifnutz; 02-25-2015 at 04:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have enjoyed trading on this site. The cost of shipping has killed most small trades since a bubble mailer with a few cards is $2.32. I agree the cost of the online price guides is also expensive. Also, each trading site has its own method or software for inventory and it's too difficult to have all of your cards in multiple softwares while trying to keep all of them updated. I don't really have a solution but that's been my biggest problem being on multiple trading sites.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

I have enjoyed trading on this site. The cost of shipping has killed most small trades since a bubble mailer with a few cards is $2.32. I agree the cost of the online price guides is also expensive. Also, each trading site has its own method or software for inventory and it's too difficult to have all of your cards in multiple softwares while trying to keep all of them updated. I don't really have a solution but that's been my biggest problem being on multiple trading sites.

well I agree that shipping is expensive at $2.32 but it can be to $1.93 if you use Paypal shipping. As far as keeping your inventory of trade lists in order or up to date I find Webs or any other free create your own website to be quite helpful.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

Does anybody use the inventory manager to showcase what they have and want? I kinda thought that was a good way to alert people, and then you can PM each other if scans and more info are needed.

I just signed up for this a few weeks ago and it's opened me up to a whole nother animal in this hobby and I'm eager to get trading/buying/selling! I haven't had much time to start putting up what I have available, but I have made a small list of what I'm looking for...I'm on this thing all day (at work no less) and am always looking for updates and new posts. We just have to take responsibility to keep this place going strong! I'm willing to put in the effort!

I use the inventory manager a ton. I have almost 35,000 cards uploaded at this point and I am trying to add all of them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast