Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol, not even close. He is much better than MacKinnon. Watch the highlights from his game last night.

Well a billion is a lot more than a million but....

So you think he scores 100 points how soon?

*insert excuses*

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

It means you buy for $100...now sell for $50 or less...Buy for $5000 +.....now $2000 or less...money you can never get back even if he gets hot....
    These "investments" will more than double/triple on Mcdavid and the losses will be even more substantial...eventually..

Can be said for any player but for Mcdavid the hype is unreal and sales will be huge...good short term for the hobby probably not good long term unless he becomes Gretzky...which he can't..

So how does a card losing $50 in value equate to millions? I sense a little bit of an over-exaggeration there.

And Mackinnon is still in his second year and is having a slump, whos to say he doesn't rebound in year 3 and his prices raise up again?

1 slow season and people are losing Millions? Come on man! You can say people are losing hundreds or thousands but Millions? Thats over-exaggerating even for you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I'm going to cheer for MacKinnon regardless of his prices. I picked up my stash of MacKinnon cards - including a Future Watch autograph, game-worn Prime Colors patch, and a handful of ITG Mooseheads cards - as a collector, not an investor. He's a good player, a fellow Nova Scotian, and he helped bring the Memorial Cup to Halifax. I would have done the same with Crosby cards if his prices hadn't been so much higher.

I learned early on that "investing" in hockey cards just leads to disappointment and stress. I buy cards I like because I want to collect them, knowing full well I'm probably going to lose value on 95% of them.

In regards to McDavid, I think his prices are going to be at or near their peak right out of the gate thanks to all the hype, with not much room to go up if they go up at all. The prices we're seeing now probably won't be sustained unless he goes on a complete tear and piles up Cups and scoring titles. People paid fortunes for Crosby rookie cards and his prices haven't gone up in the ten years he's been in the league, despite a Cup, two gold medals, and a bunch of trophies.
    Last edited by Inferno; 02-26-2015 at 11:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kcfutures9's Items on eBay

How do crosby rookies now compare to what they were at the end of the 05-06 season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So how does a card losing $50 in value equate to millions? I sense a little bit of an over-exaggeration there.

And Mackinnon is still in his second year and is having a slump, whos to say he doesn't rebound in year 3 and his prices raise up again?

1 slow season and people are losing Millions? Come on man! You can say people are losing hundreds or thousands but Millions? Thats over-exaggerating even for you.

All sales combined....

1000 yg sold
    50 cup
    300 spa
    1000+ panini

Easy millions of dollars sold...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought crosby did go up...from initial prices since at the time they seemed high...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

How do crosby rookies now compare to what they were at the end of the 05-06 season.

I can't remember if this was at the end of the season (probably not) but I recall being able to purchase them for around $160 at the LCS. I decided to roll dice with a box that was selling for $90ish...should have spent the extra and just got the YG :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How did MacKinnon make people lose millions? And how is McDavid going to make people lose billions? What does that even mean?

Because anyone who buys hockey cards loses money in the long run! Its the reason you'll never find a respectable investment analyst advising his clients to invest in sports cards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123