Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Big Bang, Deflated? Universe May Have Had No Beginning

"If a new theory turns out to be true, the universe may not have started with a bang.

In the new formulation, the universe was never a singularity, or an infinitely small and infinitely dense point of matter. In fact, the universe may have no beginning at all.
    "Our theory suggests that the age of the universe could be infinite," said study co-author Saurya Das, a theoretical physicist at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada.
    The new concept could also explain what dark matter — the mysterious, invisible substance that makes up most of the matter in the universe — is actually made of, Das added"

"According to the Big Bang theory, the universe was born about 13.8 billion years ago. All the matter that exists today was once squished into an infinitely dense, infinitely tiny, ultra-hot point called a singularity. This tiny fireball then exploded and gave rise to the early universe.

The singularity comes out of the math of Einstein's theory of general relativity, which describes how mass warps space-time, and another equation (called Raychaudhuri's equation) that predicts whether the trajectory of something will converge or diverge over time. Going backward in time, according to these equations, all matter in the universe was once in a single point — the Big Bang singularity.
    But that's not quite true. In Einstein's formulation, the laws of physics actually break before the singularity is reached. But scientists extrapolate backward as if the physics equations still hold, said Robert Brandenberger, a theoretical cosmologist at McGill University in Montreal, who was not involved in the study.
    "So when we say that the universe begins with a big bang, we really have no right to say that," Brandenberger told Live Science."

http://news.yahoo.com/big-bang-defla...140017504.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

And to think that people mock Christians for their belief in the formation of life.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

People mock Christians for their beliefs because their beliefs are based on NOTHING more than words in a book written by ignorant men. Science welcomes new ideas and new theories. Scientists are continually challenging each other by testing and expanding on what we know.

No surprise you would think this "new" theory somehow endorses your beliefs and discredits science. It does neither.

When's the last time someone religious challenged religious beliefs? Tested and reviewed religious theories? Accepted anything in religion as being WRONG and updated their beliefs? NEVER.

And you wonder why you get mocked. Seriously???

SCF Rewards
    Country

People mock Christians for their beliefs because their beliefs are based on NOTHING more than words in a book written by ignorant men. Science welcomes new ideas and new theories. Scientists are continually challenging each other by testing and expanding on what we know.

No surprise you would think this "new" theory somehow endorses your beliefs and discredits science. It does neither.

When's the last time someone religious challenged religious beliefs? Tested and reviewed religious theories? Accepted anything in religion as being WRONG and updated their beliefs? NEVER.

And you wonder why you get mocked. Seriously???

When did I say that I have absolute proof of creation? My belief is based on faith in the same way that you choose to believe in scientific data that says the earth is 13.8 Billion years old (not 13.9 Billion as that is only a 100 Million Year error) and that everything was created out of nothing. Repeat that sentence for effect. You and others are choosing to belief that something was created out of nothing and I am the one getting mocked?

Yall have had millions of scientists trying to prove something for hundreds of years..... and? Scientists are just updating their hypothesis again and again and again.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

When did I say that I have absolute proof of creation? My belief is based on faith in the same way that you choose to believe in scientific data that says the earth is 13.8 Billion years old (not 13.9 Billion as that is only a 100 Million Year error) and that everything was created out of nothing. Repeat that sentence for effect. You and others are choosing to belief that something was created out of nothing and I am the one getting mocked?

Yall have had millions of scientists trying to prove something for hundreds of years..... and? Scientists are just updating their hypothesis again and again and again.

I didn't say you claimed you had "absolute proof". I said you had NOTHING. I base my beliefs on the description of the processes that they use to determine the age of old things. I base my beliefs on the scientific track record that exists for astronomy, biology, chemistry, etc, etc. I don't care if they are off by a billion years. It is irrelevant. DO I have to explain to you the difference between a billion and 10,000? The only one that believes something was created out of nothing are you and other religious people. If you are going to criticize science, get the science right first. Yes, science continually updates everything. That's what science is.

It's no wonder you are so gullible. You have no idea what science is all about and continually try to equate it to your fables.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

In Einstein's formulation, the laws of physics actually break before the singularity is reached

aint they teaching in school that the big bang is fact? when its not

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I was always taught;"this is our best theory based on all the evidence we have right now and it is open to change if/when more evidence comes in". That's how all science works. Nothing is ever claimed to be absolute.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

And to think that people mock Christians for their belief in the formation of life.

I'm all for new theories about the universes origins. The big bang theory is just that... a theory. People who think that it is a plausible way that the universe could have been created has little to no personal investment in it and would probably be open to hearing other well thought out ideas. Most religions don't allow for such exchange of ideas when it comes to the universe's origin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

aint they teaching in school that the big bang is fact? when its not

They teach that it's a theory. That's the key word. It's a theory. When I was in school and discussed big bang I think they talked about two other theories but that was some time ago so I'm not sure what they were.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Most religions don't allow for such exchange of ideas when it comes to the universe's origin.

the focus of most religions has little to do with creation, it is the act of living that is important.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast