Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

the focus of most religions has little to do with creation, it is the act of living that is important.

That might be, but from my perspective there is also a lot of discussion about creation. Obviously some people find it to be rather important.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Before religion can convince you how to live, it has to create an authority to impose those directions. The Creation story is the start of that process. It is vitally important to the whole structure. Those that downplay the "story" are employing cognitive dissonance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I base my beliefs on the scientific track record that exists for astronomy, biology, chemistry, etc, etc. I don't care if they are off by a billion years. It is irrelevant.

You choose to put your FAITH in millions of scientists that have had thousands of years to prove the origin of life and still have not done so.

I choose to put my FAITH in the story passed on by the ignorant men (as you have labeled them).

I understand science just fine. There are many hypothesis being presented as absolute fact when they should not be. You missed that I was mocking the scientists' claim that the universe is 13.8 billion years old.

If you know everything it should be easy for you to enlighten us on what created the universe.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

You choose to put your FAITH in millions of scientists that have had thousands of years to prove the origin of life and still have not done so.

I choose to put my FAITH in the story passed on by the ignorant men (as you have labeled them).

I understand science just fine. There are many hypothesis being presented as absolute fact when they should not be. You missed that I was mocking the scientists' claim that the universe is 13.8 billion years old.

If you know everything it should be easy for you to enlighten us on what created the universe.

There are not millions of scientists working on the "origin of life". Nor have they been working on it for thousands of years. The research is still in its infancy and may take 1,000 years before we know anything definite. Yes, I put my faith in individuals that have a method to their research, that have discovered a million things about this Earth over the centuries. You put your faith in a book that has never been able to PROVE a single claim in it. If you were born on another part of the globe with different parents, you would put your faith in a different book. My faith is constant, yours is geographical.

You DO NOT understand science. If you did, you would not claim that anything is being presented as "absolute fact". You argue that it is presented as "absolute fact" so that you can set the bar high enough to enable you to argue against any claim.

Part of knowing everything, is knowing what you do not know. No one can ever accuse you of knowing that. Afterall, you are a Christian, and you have a book. Just ask MR. Hamm. He knows all about that kind of reasoning.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Obviously some people find it to be rather important.

mostly those trying to find fault with it.

Before religion can convince you how to live

no on eshould convince you and it is not about how, just about living.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I agree. No one should try to convince you how to live. That doesn't stop religion from trying. If it isn't about "HOW" than why are we inundated with commandments and sins?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

mostly those trying to find fault with it.

I don't see that from my experience. There are plenty of people who are pro creationism that find it rather important. Much of their belief system it tied directly to it. They have a personal investment in it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Much of their belief system it tied directly to it.

well, I would say that they need to get educated in their religion (at least any Abrahamic religion)

If they are going for Genesis, then they have to go with Job, which clearly states we have no clue about it.

That doesn't stop religion from trying.

it is not religion, it is the humans using religion. much like guns don't kill, humans using guns kill.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The definition of irony. People who believe the universe was created when dust collided with dust causing a sudden massive planet and star creation that spanned billions of miles making fun of people who think a god created the universe out of nothing, because one is so TOTALLY more logical than the other.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

well, I would say that they need to get educated in their religion (at least any Abrahamic religion)

If they are going for Genesis, then they have to go with Job, which clearly states we have no clue about it.

it is not religion, it is the humans using religion. much like guns don't kill, humans using guns kill.

I give you credit Jay. Your spin is something.

Without humans, you have no religion. You cannot separate the two unless you are prepared to toss the entire Bible along with Jesus in it. The Bible tells you HOW to live. It's a darn instruction manual. Jesus taught people HOW to live. They are religion. At least they are your religion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast