Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The 10 Most Important Baseball Cards of the Modern Era

More valuable and popular cards exist but these 10 baseball cards helped to shape the hobby into what it is today.

More...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice list other than I don't really think 1948 is modern and the Derek Jeter rookie. The others all really fit but that 1993 Upper Deck SP Derek Jeter rookie card isn't that important at all. For most of its run the 1994 Upper Deck SP Arod rookie card was outselling the Jeter and was way more famous. The Jeter has pulled ahead lately and sells for a lot but it wasn't that big of a card before. Heck I remember seeing it go for $15-$25 around me when he won rookie of the year. If that card set didn't get made or Jeter didn't amount to anything the card landscape really doesn't change so I would have added something from 1993 Topps Finest or one of the lower #D parallel cards from the mid to late 90s. Those people were chasing and paying big time money for. Also the 1997 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr game used card as it ushered in the game used era if you don't have a specific card to pull from the parallel sets.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Interesting I would agree with most of it, however, how does the Honus Wagner, not make the list. It is the story of legend, lore, and money. Nothing comes close to it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it is amazing to see how long cards have come and to read the history behind them.