Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

Why are Republicans / Right Wingers able to get away with things Democrats are not?

I noticed today (yet again) an "explosive" news story from the right wing media. This time they were claiming the US planned to target and shoot down Israeli Planes should they target Iran in Iranian air space. This report spread all over the internet, including the fox news website (never made it to air). Problem being? This was a made up story from a Kuwaiti Newspaper lol. IE these blogs, news sources, and fox all alleged we were ready to spark a war with Israel in defense of Iran... based on a Kuwaiti News Article... seriously.

It occurred to me if this were the NY times reporting we were about to nuke London during the Bush administration... wouldn't Fox News still be talking about it to this day? lol

Here are a few more examples of what I am talking about...

- Brian Williams caught exaggerating stories (stories backed up by the people that were there ironically)... he's suspended and may never return to the news again.

Meanwhile Bill O'Reilly is caught in many lies, all of which have been proven to be lies, ironically with his own evidence and the witnesses who were there. O'Reilly has not been suspended a single day

- Under President Reagan 83 US Marines were killed while sleeping in their bunks in Lebanon... the US did nothing, and Reagan faced zero political blow back for this.

Under President Obama a US embassy was attacked, resulting in the brutal murder of 4 US diplomats... Fox news and right wing media calls for a new investigation and/or Obama's impeachment at least once a day.

- President Bush's white house leaked the name of an undercover CIA agent, simply because her husband refused to fabricate evidence Saddam Hussein was enriching uranium in Africa... nothing happened. The fall guy for this, years later (scooter libby) has Dick Cheney demanding his pardon. Luckily that did not occur.

Meanwhile...President Clinton cheats on his wife and is literally impeached for it.

- Fox News on an almost daily basis is caught in some form of lie.. faces zero consequence for it.

If Al Sharpton visits the family of a murdered black man.. he's attacked relentlessly

- A US senator in NJ is currently being accused of corruption... people are screaming for him to resign (democrat)

A US congressmen is convicted of 22 crimes and threatens to throw a reporter over a capital balcony for asking the wrong question... he's re elected (republican)

I could go on and on and on with this stuff. It just doesn't make any sense. Can someone make logic of it?
    Last edited by Imac7065; 03-08-2015 at 12:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

Please teach your pony a new trick.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Republican or not I stand with Israel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is amazing that all of the scandals in the political world are from the Republicans! You do not have an objective thinking bone in your body. This is very enlightening if it were not for

- Hillary Clinton's personal e-mail account
    - Email that Hillary will not surrender (wonder if Benghazi is covered in these? hmmm?)
    - Take out Bill O'Reilly he did the same thing as Williams
    - Bill Clinton did get impeached (they voted not to remove him from office) because HE LIED UNDER OATH. Pesky fact I understand
    - You are really defending Al Sharpton? Have you ever read what he did in the Tawana Brawley incident? One of the scummiest acts in American History. The fact that anybody gives him an ounce of respect or credibility is sickening. Sharpton could out scum Karl Rove with his hands tied behind his back.
    - Michael Grimm got removed from office. Just who in your mind was defending Grimm? Did you hear this from one of your Liberal Basement Video Bloggers? The NJ Senator will have his day in court.

Republicans are no angels, but you seem to live in fantasy land that Democrats have never done anything wrong. You need to start thinking for yourself.........

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

It's easy to explain, the Left is interested in substance. The Right is interested in satisfying their base.

As for Michael Grimm. He won re-election, so apparently his voters were defending him. Which I think was the point of mentioning him. The fact he has now resigned is the result of legal and party pressure for him to do so.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is amazing that all of the scandals in the political world are from the Republicans! You do not have an objective thinking bone in your body. This is very enlightening if it were not for

- Hillary Clinton's personal e-mail account
    - Email that Hillary will not surrender (wonder if Benghazi is covered in these? hmmm?)
    - Take out Bill O'Reilly he did the same thing as Williams
    - Bill Clinton did get impeached (they voted not to remove him from office) because HE LIED UNDER OATH. Pesky fact I understand
    - You are really defending Al Sharpton? Have you ever read what he did in the Tawana Brawley incident? One of the scummiest acts in American History. The fact that anybody gives him an ounce of respect or credibility is sickening. Sharpton could out scum Karl Rove with his hands tied behind his back.
    - Michael Grimm got removed from office. Just who in your mind was defending Grimm? Did you hear this from one of your Liberal Basement Video Bloggers? The NJ Senator will have his day in court.

Republicans are no angels, but you seem to live in fantasy land that Democrats have never done anything wrong. You need to start thinking for yourself.........

shockingly you did exactly what I was talking about in the OP lol.. instead of addressing the point you're saying "but, but, but..." and excusing every republican action while pretending you are not...

1) Hillary Clinton wasn't even mentioned but that's an AWESOME point. Colin Powell (the republican SOS) held a private e-mail account and it was never turned into a scandal. Why? Because he did nothing wrong.. at all. Hillary Clinton held a private e-mail account, and... wait for it... did nothing wrong lol. Because a new rule was put into place AFTER SHE LEFT OFFICE.. republicans are once again throwing things at a wall and trying to make it stick. The fact that a republican can do something that a democrat should be attacked for is exactly the point here lol.

2) Who was defending Al Sharpton? I think he's a blowhard and shouldn't have a TV Show... I put him on the same level as Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh... however when I tell you Sean Hannity's friends are neo nazi's and racists (factually true).. you will go nuts.. if I tell you Al Sharpton is heading a protest for a 12 year old shot by the police.. you will go as equally nuts for me telling you the truth about Sean Hannity... that's the point here.

3) Michael Grimm was kicked out of office? That's news to me.. can you cite that one? Last I heard he was re elected then resigned? You have other information for me? As for who defended him? The republican party that funded his re election, the people of Staten Island that voted for him, and any news source that ignored his convictions. Whomever those may be.
    Last edited by Imac7065; 03-08-2015 at 01:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's easy to explain, the Left is interested in substance.

I spit out my drink laughing at this gem. You are much intellectually honest than this statement. They are all politicians and to say one side is morally superior to the other side just is not the case.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

It's easy to explain, the Left is interested in substance. The Right is interested in satisfying their base.

made my day!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I spit out my drink laughing at this gem. You are much intellectually honest than this statement. They are all politicians and to say one side is morally superior to the other side just is not the case.

so neither of you have an answer here?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I wasn't referring to just the politicians. It was more a reference to the media and the base of the parties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast