Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I bought one Vault card from Bay, it's 2008-09 Superlative Season Rookie / Retired #RR-11 Chelios/Gilmour/Esposito/Clarke Silver not numbered/9 2014-15 ITG Vault 1/1 :)
    Well, I don't see any sense in these cards, on Finnish forum these knocked out completely. They see this only as a way to cash in on the last coins in the nest, I agree.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

I agree with iidaemmi. I like ITG products generally speaking and was really starting to bust a lot of them last year - ITG Used, Lord Stanley's Mug being the two I ripped the most of for myself. That said, I don't really like this ITG Vault stuff (just one man's opinion) as it's more like a repackaged product with a stamp on it. If they hadn't put a stamp at all, IMO, it would have been cooler.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't disagree - in theory - that I'd rather own the card without the stamp than one with it..... but as discussed a few times in this thread:

- ITG made the cards for the original release.... limited something to 9 copies (for example)
    - 1-3 copies of that same card were inserted into this 'Vault' release, all stamped 1/1 (various colours, depending on the number of copies)

If they don't stamp them, they'd be increasing the original production run, and they can't do that. By adding the stamp they don't alter the original release, and still have a way to sell off all that inventory, and get it into the hands of collectors.

I agree with iidaemmi. I like ITG products generally speaking and was really starting to bust a lot of them last year - ITG Used, Lord Stanley's Mug being the two I ripped the most of for myself. That said, I don't really like this ITG Vault stuff (just one man's opinion) as it's more like a repackaged product with a stamp on it. If they hadn't put a stamp at all, IMO, it would have been cooler.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been watching all the debate on this, and I think it's time I jumped in.

It really comes down to this - if you are a collector, and there are more cards for you to possibly add to your collection, this is a good thing...how could it not be? I personally would love to add some of the Perreault cards from this, especially ones I missed the first time around because they were quickly picked up due to scarcity or too rich for my blood. Still haven't been able to snag any, though.

If value and price is all you are concerned with, I can see how some could be concerned - but lets face it, buyer beware to anything you hang on to in hopes of the value increasing - that's the name of the game.

It's a little disheartening seeing these beautiful cards that we will never see be released again due to the end of ITG out there and circulating making people angry. This hobby and / or business is always evolving - nothing stays the same. Stay nimble and you lower the risk of getting burned.

Just my opinion of course!
    aka Bear Ridge Collectibles

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I'm just a fan of the wide variety and tons of vintage stuff to collect. Notice how there are no cards from this release that sold for more than $210 USD? If these cards were from an actual Superlative release like The First Six or Famous Fabrics then some of these cards sell well over $500. I'm sure there has been a Maurice Richard or Gretzky or whomever that have sold for well over $1000 but you will never see that with Vault because of the stamp.

Still, hard-signed autos and vintage memorabilia is why I buy ITG for the most part and this product is loaded.

Never would I be able to have a Maurice Richard patch card unless I opened a box of Vault. Stamp or no stamp it is one of the coolest cards I own.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh I was under the impression that these were cards from the original production run that either didn't sell, or didn't get distributed during the original release? So when you see Vault 1/1 of a Silver /9, that it was one of the original /9's?

Maybe I'm wrong?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, I think you're wrong......

ITG would make 'Customer Service' copies of those cards too. Cards that would get stamped for Show Redemptions, used to replaced damaged product. Things like that.

The original 9 copies were packed out... and this release is using up all the extra stock they had.

Oh I was under the impression that these were cards from the original production run that either didn't sell, or didn't get distributed during the original release? So when you see Vault 1/1 of a Silver /9, that it was one of the original /9's?

Maybe I'm wrong?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh ok, then I take back my previous comment and this should be viewed (sort of) as a separate release altogether IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

In my opinion it's better that ITG did it this way than when Pacific went bankrupt and everything was auctioned off and most of it went to a handful of separate buyers. Those buyers in turn flipped a lot of the stuff on the secondary market which is why I have several Pavel Datsyuk Rookie Cards with no serial number at all and I have the actual box-packaged Datsyuk Rookie cards with the serial number. Bought those non-serial'd Datsyuks for $5 each many years ago as 'odd-ball' items. I'm sure many people think of Superlative Vault as 'odd-ball' items as well and many years from now they will be viewed as such by many more who weren't aware of this as an actual release.

Now, I don't know if that's exactly what happened to Pacific because I was out of collecting around that time. I am simply going by what I've been told from SCFers and the sellers who I bought the Datsyuks from. But still, I think it's opposite ends of the spectrum how Pacific and ITG dealt with the matter.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

I've been watching all the debate on this, and I think it's time I jumped in.

It really comes down to this - if you are a collector, and there are more cards for you to possibly add to your collection, this is a good thing...how could it not be?

I have to ask, really Bud? And big smile
    It really depends whom you collect. Do you have any clue how expensive all new Gilmour stuff are, when you try to get em all.. Last year they produced 228 new Gilmour cards. Mostly mid/high ends, tonns of 1/1, /3, /5, /10 cards etc. Also ITG has already produced a plenty of expo /same stuff in previous years. Did I wanted 50 (atleast) new Gilmour 1/1 cards? NO, I don't even want to see them. Now they're out and I really do not intend to praise how great these re-stamped cards are.

Harri

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast