Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I am not sure what I misread your response is in bold

was honestly looking for a link. I thought maybe you had some numbers from somewhere. I'm not sure what you mean by "a good bit", but I'd bet that the vast majority of voters have jobs... even voters voting democratic. It would be interesting to see exact numbers of unemployed Dem voters vs unemployed Rep voters.

I'm not blind at all to the fact that politicians or groups working with politicians try stuff like this to get extra votes. I agree with you that it's shady and not an ideal way to increase votes. Votes shouldn't be for sale. It just sucks that they are whether it's for a slice of pizza or favors in legislation because of a million dollar lobbyist contribution.

If I had someone approach me with a decent bribe to vote for them I'd take them up on the offer and vote for their opponent.

Maybe a misunderstanding but not misread

I thought you misread because you said that my vote was swayed by the bribe.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

OK let's put this dance to rest you stated you would take a bribe for a vote and you were not joking. Is this a true statement. I enjoy the waltz but let's get down to the facts.
    I thought you misread because you said that my vote was swayed by the bribe.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

OK let's put this dance to rest you stated you would take a bribe for a vote and you were not joking. Is this a true statement. I enjoy the waltz but let's get down to the facts.

He also stated in the same post that he would not vote the way the briber asked him to. Why are you making this difficult? It was a glib comment that in no way can impugn his character, yet you try. ??

SCF Rewards
    Country

CHARACTER:n.noun

• The combination of mental characteristics and behavior that distinguishes a person or group.
    • The distinguishing nature of something.
    • Moral strength; integrity.

Bottom line he would take a bribe for a vote NO MATTER WHAT HE DID WITH IT. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT IF THE QUESTION IS ANSWERED AND NOT ALL AROUND IN CIRCLES.

Thank you for your input though Habs

He also stated in the same post that he would not vote the way the briber asked him to. Why are you making this difficult? It was a glib comment that in no way can impugn his character, yet you try. ??

Last edited by ajcorleone; 03-24-2015 at 01:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're not looking at my entire statement and I'm pretty sure you know that. I said I would take the iPad (bribe) and not vote for the guy. I don't see where that makes you think I said that my vote can or would have been bought in that scenario. If I don't vote for the guy offering the bribe he's not buying my vote. Plain and simple. I'm screwing the guy by taking the bribe and voting for the other guy. I'm not sure why this is so hard to see.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 03-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bottom line he would take a bribe for a vote NO MATTER WHAT HE DID WITH IT. IT IS NOT DIFFICULT IF THE QUESTION IS ANSWERED AND NOT ALL AROUND IN CIRCLES.

Question my character if you must, I'll lose no sleep over it. I know what I said and I in no way stated that my vote could be bought. If you see it that way then so be it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are reading too much into it fella. I responded to Habs that is another story. And I am sure you know whether it is money or items a bribe is a bribe. That is why I thought you were joking. I read the entire response. The bottom line and I cannot be any clearer because you typed it. For Petes sake what is the hang up
    Question my character if you must, I'll lose no sleep over it. I know what I said and I in no way stated that my vote could be bought. If you see it that way then so be it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

He said he would take the bribe but not necessarily vote for whoever gave him that bribe. He might have been planning on voting for them anyways.

This back and forth is one of the dumbest things I've seen on this board!

You are reading too much into it fella. I responded to Habs that is another story. And I am sure you know whether it is money or items a bribe is a bribe. That is why I thought you were joking. I read the entire response. The bottom line and I cannot be any clearer because you typed it. For Petes sake what is the hang up

SCF Rewards
    Country

that would be the one in your mind, no party is anti science, just because one likes to relate to religion (which I am against) it does not make them anti science.

Shrew, the least you can do is be honest....

I'll show you how it's done.

I label myself a liberal because for the most part it is aligned with the way I view society....and that is that one should be able to do literally anything one wants to do as long as rights are not infringed.

However, I can tell you that I do NOT agree with all liberal policies/ideas.

Nor do I agree with all liberals (I'm VERY anti-feminist).

Furthermore, If and when I see something I disagree with, I'll call it out....it doesn't matter if it's liberal, conservative or whatever.

Now, can you PLEASE be honest and admit that MANY (not all), but MANY GOP and Conservatives are indeed anti-science.

They deny evolution which is accepted by over 99% of life scientists.

They deny Climate change which is also accepted by the overwhelming majority of scientists that study that field.

They deny other scientific theories (mostly) because it contradicts with their religions.

another assumption on your side

NO, it's NOT!

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...effectiveness/

It was in their OFFICIAL PARTY PLATFORM!

I'm not making this stuff out....how do you not know this?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not anti-science, just anti buying into your theory because you think your theory is the right theory.

I wonder if you also question atomic theory, gravitational theory, the theory of relativity, and heliocentric theory....NO, I BET YOU DON'T.

And yet those theories have as much weight as Evolution and the Big Bang.

I wonder if we should teach ALCHEMY beside Chemistry cuz why stop at creationism, let's teach BOTH sides in ALL Science fields....

Let's also teach ASTROLOGY along with Astronomy!

The party that MOST propagates anti-science garbage is the GOP and they do so to pander to their insane Far right Christian base who thinks the world is less than 10,000 years old, dinosaurs were in Noah's arc, a snake can talk, and a all of America's problems can be magically fixed if we just prayed to their sky daddy.

Good question. I am unaware of any party that has a policy of supporting abstinence over protection. Please show me evidence that this is the party policy for any party.

OH MY GOD!

How do you not know the OFFICIAL GOP PLATFORM!?

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...effectiveness/

^Congrats, you support a party that thinks abstinence is an effective way to teach about sex ed.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-25-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast