Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Tapouttazz9's Items on eBay

Sports card authentication

What's the best sports card Authenticator out there? I need to get a patch card authenticated to prove once and for all that's its real. Don't want to get into it any further just want to no who the best in the business is and what it cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankrock's Items on eBay

Try either PSA or BGS.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Both PSA and BGS are the best options. I prefer BGS for modern cards, and love their chunky slabs. PSA has great customer service and the best registry if you are into showing off your cards.

Just my opinion.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

None of the grading companies authenticate the patch pieces. Some may catch the odd obvious fake and reject them but it is not what is being graded.

Darren

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont think you will ever have 100% proof either way on the Private Stock patch.

Like said above, BGS and PSA do not grade for patch authenticity, but if you wanted to do one or the other I would suggest BGS. If the surface score comes back very strong ( 9.5 - 10 ) then it would be a good piece of evidence as to your cards patch being legit ( gotta be pretty hard not to damage anything on the surface when switching a swatch )

Another thing you could do is find where the patch is fron. The swatch window looks to be about the same size as a dime, is there an NHL shield logo somewhere on his jersey with that same sized logo? Also, the NHL shield looks a bit off, I know its changed quite a bit over time, but I think the letters are going in the wrong direction ( just from what I remember )

I remember collecting older Pacific stuff, and while doing my 02/03 Crown Royale Dual Patches set I did run across a few cards with Shield patches ( one was a tag and the other I decided to pass on ).

As for an authenticator, I think you need to do your own homework and find the evidence yourself
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content