Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do YOU judge???

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think that is just because Alex may feel a little duped by his religion, so he refers to it mostly. I, on the other hand, left religion as early as possible. Never believed any of it from the start and only did as my parents instructed when I was too young to protest. That's why I have no problem grouping all the religions together when I criticize.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

No.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I find it ironic how many who don't believe in a religion go through the church process when they pass away.Weird huh?? If you have no beliefs in religion.....please leave a will stating you only want calling hours and then to be cremated with no Mass.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes usually but if you read ALL of Alex's posts and it is hard not too he does make you think,you never see ANY OTHER RELIGION questioned. Of course maybe I kissed one comment out of thousands but I doubt it

Were you absent the entire month of January or something?

During the weeks after the Charlie Hebdo thing, I was very much vocal against Islam and I clearly said that it is in fact WORSE than Christianity.

You know, for someone such as yourself that claims to NOT be christian, you sure like to come to the defense of it quite a bit...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I would think it would if he were Christian. But as clearly states time and time again he is no longer.
    From all of Alex's posts I assume he will answer with "all religions are full of hypocrisy". His comment was limited to Christianity because it is the religion that applies to him. That's normal isn't it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It is in my moniker
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide

A little something from JUST AJ
    You fella show it time and time again
    Were you absent the entire month of January or something?

During the weeks after the Charlie Hebdo thing, I was very much vocal against Islam and I clearly said that it is in fact WORSE than Christianity.

You know, for someone such as yourself that claims to NOT be christian, you sure like to come to the defense of it quite a bit...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I find it ironic how many who don't believe in a religion go through the church process when they pass away.Weird huh?? If you have no beliefs in religion.....please leave a will stating you only want calling hours and then to be cremated with no Mass.

In 48 years I have never known someone who doesn't believe in religion going through a Church funeral. How many do you know have done this? And how did you know all these people's religious beliefs or lack there of?

And I have already informed my children; an obituary and a hole in the backyard would suit me fine. No cremation though, I want to join the bugs and creepy crawlers. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

yes,i dont like to associate with tweekers,drunks and the untrustworthy so i judge some people to be them
    if i dont know you your word is golden until proven otherwise then i judge you to be a liar

SCF Rewards
    Country

The commonly quoted "do not judge" phrase by unbelievers is actually an uneducated argument that belies their claim to knowing what they are talking about. It is a polemical technique meant to stumble Christians, and it is part of a formula or "canned" argument that is meant to do nothing more but get you in a frustrating debate.™

First of all, the word "judge" is used to mean different things in Sacred Scripture. At 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 we read St. Paul saying:

For why should I be judging outsiders? Is it not your business to judge those within? God will judge those outside. “Purge the evil person from your midst."

This is the type of "judging" you were speaking about. It's not about condemning but its not about letting others off the hook who refuse loving correction, either.

Anyone who attempts to use a blanket definition of "judging" from the Bible is showing you they've never read all of Scripture. Because we are told:
    To not judge others.--Matthew 7:15.That judging others is not wrong, only judging by appearances.--John 7:24.Judging others is tantamount to slander and mocking God's law.--James 4:11-12.We will judge the world and angels, so we can rightfully act as judges now.--1 Corinthians 6:2-3.
    And this is but a sample of the differing usages of the term in the New Testament.

Which one is correct? They all are, because they are all speaking of judging in different contexts. Kindly reminding others that they may be guilty of a sin is one type of judging, and so is unjustly jumping to a wrong conclusion about a person. One is helpful, the other is not.

Sometimes when the Bible mentions not judging others, such as at Matthew 7:15, it is part of an illustration, speaking in extremes about being unnecessarily critical and judgmental. Other times, like at James chapter 4, it is referring to expressing hateful views of others--another type of judgment, usually in the form of calumny. And then there is another type of judging--teaching others what God demands of them, but forgetting to apply it to ourselves or do so with humility spoken of at Romans chapter 2. This is another form of "judging" to be avoided.

But as demonstrated in the texts from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians, sometimes it is important and necessary to pass judgment. And since it is the future vocation of Christians to judge the world to come, clearly it is not against God's law to do so now when necessary.

One might say you need to exercise™good judgment™when it comes to speaking about judging.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

The commonly quoted "do not judge" phrase by unbelievers is actually an uneducated argument that belies their claim to knowing what they are talking about. It is a polemical technique meant to stumble Christians, and it is part of a formula or "canned" argument that is meant to do nothing more but get you in a frustrating debate.™

First of all, the word "judge" is used to mean different things in Sacred Scripture. At 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 we read St. Paul saying:

For why should I be judging outsiders? Is it not your business to judge those within? God will judge those outside. “Purge the evil person from your midst."

This is the type of "judging" you were speaking about. It's not about condemning but its not about letting others off the hook who refuse loving correction, either.

Anyone who attempts to use a blanket definition of "judging" from the Bible is showing you they've never read all of Scripture. Because we are told:
    To not judge others.--Matthew 7:15.That judging others is not wrong, only judging by appearances.--John 7:24.Judging others is tantamount to slander and mocking God's law.--James 4:11-12.We will judge the world and angels, so we can rightfully act as judges now.--1 Corinthians 6:2-3.
    And this is but a sample of the differing usages of the term in the New Testament.

Which one is correct? They all are, because they are all speaking of judging in different contexts. Kindly reminding others that they may be guilty of a sin is one type of judging, and so is unjustly jumping to a wrong conclusion about a person. One is helpful, the other is not.

Sometimes when the Bible mentions not judging others, such as at Matthew 7:15, it is part of an illustration, speaking in extremes about being unnecessarily critical and judgmental. Other times, like at James chapter 4, it is referring to expressing hateful views of others--another type of judgment, usually in the form of calumny. And then there is another type of judging--teaching others what God demands of them, but forgetting to apply it to ourselves or do so with humility spoken of at Romans chapter 2. This is another form of "judging" to be avoided.

But as demonstrated in the texts from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians, sometimes it is important and necessary to pass judgment. And since it is the future vocation of Christians to judge the world to come, clearly it is not against God's law to do so now when necessary.

One might say you need to exercise™good judgment™when it comes to speaking about judging.

This is the reason I started the thread. I saw the perceived inconsistencies between the various scriptures and day-to-day living of Christians and was seeking an explanation.

There are obviously many non-readers of the Bible because both Christians and unbelievers both use the blanket definition.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast