Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Lol, it doesn't matter what I have to show you. You'll be blind to what's going on.

I knew you wouldn't grasp the lack of logic in your post.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I'm not going to waste my time with your video but the title says it all: Man asks Gay Bakery to Make ANTI-GAY Cake. For most people the word in bold would be considered hate. Does the man in that video get any bakery to bake him an ANTI-GAY cake? There is no bakery/company with a good reputation that would allow a cake to be made with an ANTI-GAY​ message.

I believe the cake in question was "gay marriage is wrong". I guess that is considered hate now? Bottom line is a business should be able to decline a job they do not feel comfortable with. Period.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 03-31-2015 at 01:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

I knew you wouldn't grasp the lack of logic in your post.

Logic coming from you? nice.....
    Kinda like a gay cake maker would never refuse a traditional marriage cake? That logic??

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

So marriage between a man and a women is hate speech now? Looks like someone already was refused by a gay bakery.

I actually didn't notice the "equal" sign. Not being gay or anti-gay marriage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

well if we think that beliefs should be law, then we will all have issues.

the fact is a business is a legal entity that must abide by the numerous laws of the land.

you are talking beliefs, most on here are talking societal facts.

I don't believe the IRS should handle my money, so should I get away with not paying taxes?
    I believe Obama should be impeached, so we should impeach him?
    what about racists, why should they have to serve the race they hate?
    what about sexists, why should they have to serve those they hate?

your issue you are confusing your personal beliefs with society and this is exactly why people like you make horrible leaders, such as Hitler, Mao, and numerous kings and emperors.

the funny thing is habs and I are on the same page with this issue. I guess common sense and decency can cross all gaps.

should a jew be forced to make a nazi cake? why would that bother a jew. he made money off an idiot. nazis are no longer a threat, why would a jew have to hold hatred for such idiots, if anything they will feel sorry for them.

a black baker making a cake of the southern flag, man you got me there. The dukes of hazard was the most racist show ever.

oh my, a gay baker refused someone service and because of this we should make it legal for bigots to run a business in an entire state?

you people are funny, what you find to be personally offensive somehow must be a societal wrong. when the real wrong is you being offended and you feeling the need to act upon it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Clearly most here oppose a Christian business having the right to refuse service to a gay couple. I wonder...

Would you oppose a Jewish cake maker refusing to make this cake? Do you think the Jewish cake maker should be forced to provide the service of making this cake?

Should a black cake maker be forced to make this cake?

Should the family of someone killed on 9/11 be forced to make this cake?

I wonder if you would support a gay cake maker being forced to make a cake with this image on it?

At what point does it become OK for a person's personal feelings and/or beliefs to be squashed for someone else to get what they want?

Youre equating gay people to Nazis, terrorists, and racist rednecks? Come on duane....youve said before youre a "bigger" guy. What if said baker refused to make you a cake due to gluttony being a sin? You would not stand for it im sure. Its discrimination....Even though that IS a choice people make. Or would you be ok with someone refusing to make a Mlk day cake for a black family? Dont see how its any different. This has NOTHING to do with feelings, as they are not legally relevant.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

If speaking about just the gay community, I believe that most of them understand that tolerance for their sexuality is still an uphill battle at this point because it is not universally accepted among society so I doubt they would be 'emotionally' scarred if service was refused to them because they are gay. What would leave emotional scarring would be something along the lines of unprovoked taunting, hate mongering, and threats based off of their creed and kind.

Your second is a very niche argument. If a gay couple wanted a specific service that was being refused to them and they wanted that service that bad, they would find another provider for that service. Most communities live by a major metropolitan area.

For your third point just remind yourself that money is king in today's society. If the state is losing business and money because of this bill, it will be repealed. You can't let money bleed out just because as a state government wanted to appeal to the few people in Indiana who wanted this bill in the first place.

Overall, my initial statement was a very high level argument of how this bill is viewed. I wasn't trying to get into many specifics because it brings out a lot of what ifs. What I am mainly saying is that the bill is going to bring more bad than good.

For the person who posted the pictures of the cakes and asking if a person who believes in Nazism is going to specifically find a Jewish baker and demand service for a Nazi cake to be made, this situation simply would not happen. These situations don't happen coincidentally (they probably are premeditated) and I would assume would be extremely uncommon. People who provide these services aren't 'forced' to make what is presented to them by the patron. I think a simple "we do not service that type of request" would suffice instead of introducing a bill that allows legal intolerance along a much wider scope. Also for those cakes that you have in the thread, I would also go out on a limb and guess that many of those were homemade. I doubt that there are many people who would have the bravery to ask such request with it being taken seriously.

I didn't say scarred, I just said hurt.

It's niche to you. Planning a wedding is stressful enough (ask my wife), a couple shouldn't have to go on a road trip to get a service that can be found locally.

and yes, I agree with your other points on the law.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Kinda like a gay cake maker would never refuse a traditional marriage cake? That logic??

I don't think it's that unrealistic to think that a gay baker probably wouldn't turn down straight wedding cake orders.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

well if we think that beliefs should be law, then we will all have issues.

the fact is a business is a legal entity that must abide by the numerous laws of the land.

you are talking beliefs, most on here are talking societal facts.

I don't believe the IRS should handle my money, so should I get away with not paying taxes?
    I believe Obama should be impeached, so we should impeach him?
    what about racists, why should they have to serve the race they hate?
    what about sexists, why should they have to serve those they hate?

your issue you are confusing your personal beliefs with society and this is exactly why people like you make horrible leaders, such as Hitler, Mao, and numerous kings and emperors.

the funny thing is habs and I are on the same page with this issue. I guess common sense and decency can cross all gaps.

should a jew be forced to make a nazi cake? why would that bother a jew. he made money off an idiot. nazis are no longer a threat, why would a jew have to hold hatred for such idiots, if anything they will feel sorry for them.

a black baker making a cake of the southern flag, man you got me there. The dukes of hazard was the most racist show ever.

oh my, a gay baker refused someone service and because of this we should make it legal for bigots to run a business in an entire state?

you people are funny, what you find to be personally offensive somehow must be a societal wrong. when the real wrong is you being offended and you feeling the need to act upon it.

It's not beliefs becoming law. It's right of refusal in your personal business. It's not right to force someone do something they morally do not support. You are way off base on this issue like the others. It is the right to refuse a contract, not refusing to do business with someone. There is a difference. It's the item in question, not the person. Do people relly not undersatnd the difference? Does anyone on here actually have anything to do with business?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Replied to in post #164.

See how easy that is to answer. Now go back and look at the nonsense of your predictions and my response. Try responding to the actual responses in it. You can't can you? Too logical for you.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast