Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sending to London

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlramman's Items on eBay

Sending to London

Does anyone have some ideas for sending to the UK? Wanting to send a few pics but have never tried to graph overseas like this. I'm guessing 4 forever stamps to get it there(standard envelope) but how do I do return postage? I know with sending to Canada I had to buy Canadian stamps for my SASE. Are there UK stamps and if so how many to return an envelope do you think? Thanks for any info!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Does anyone have some ideas for sending to the UK? Wanting to send a few pics but have never tried to graph overseas like this. I'm guessing 4 forever stamps to get it there(standard envelope) but how do I do return postage? I know with sending to Canada I had to buy Canadian stamps for my SASE. Are there UK stamps and if so how many to return an envelope do you think? Thanks for any info!

Define standard envelope. And yeah you're gonna need to buy UK stamps.

(I have a similiar issue going with France right now.)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Define standard envelope. And yeah you're gonna need to buy UK stamps.

(I have a similiar issue going with France right now.)

Thanks that's what I thought. In the little research I've done I see there are global stamps? I assume these would work as well. Need to get to the Post Office I guess. The envelopes I called standard are 4 1/8" x 9 1/2 ". Maybe not standard just what I usually use because they are fine for cards and 4x6 photos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks that's what I thought. In the little research I've done I see there are global stamps? I assume these would work as well. Need to get to the Post Office I guess. The envelopes I called standard are 4 1/8" x 9 1/2 ". Maybe not standard just what I usually use because they are fine for cards and 4x6 photos.

US Global Forever stamps work from the US to abroad. They do not work for the English postal service. You'll need to order a proper stamp from royal mail.

SCF Rewards
    Country

US Global Forever stamps work from the US to abroad. They do not work for the English postal service. You'll need to order a proper stamp from royal mail.

I ordered the global stamps and UK stamps. Here's a couple more questions if you don't mind.

The envelopes I send are 4 1/8" x 9 1/2 " on average they will carry 1 or 2 4x6 photo's. How many UK 1st class stamps will it require to get my SASE stateside? I don't want to use just 2 and it not be enough but would hate to use 3 if its not necessary.

The way I understand it 1 global forever stamp will be sufficient postage to reach Worldwide correct?

Thanks for your help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ordered the global stamps and UK stamps. Here's a couple more questions if you don't mind.

The envelopes I send are 4 1/8" x 9 1/2 " on average they will carry 1 or 2 4x6 photo's. How many UK 1st class stamps will it require to get my SASE stateside? I don't want to use just 2 and it not be enough but would hate to use 3 if its not necessary.

The way I understand it 1 global forever stamp will be sufficient postage to reach Worldwide correct?

Thanks for your help.

Bump. Stamps came in the mail today. One other question. I usually put my address as the return address on my SASE, should I just leave it blank on SASE from the UK?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump. Stamps came in the mail today. One other question. I usually put my address as the return address on my SASE, should I just leave it blank on SASE from the UK?

I responded in PM. Been stupid busy with baby on the way, wife has me stepping and fetching.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I either put in $5 American (if its an American working/playing in Europe) or I throw in a couple international reply coupons, although those seem to be harder and harder to find these days