Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Celebrating the Flames' Playoff Entrance with Two NEW Museum Additions!

BeforeI get started, the big Oilers piece has arrived for the museum and it will be aclosely guarded secret until the day of the unveiling on May 23, 2015! Butsince we can't do that, let's cover two Flames goaltenders whom I purchased ona whim because the price was oh-so-right :)

Today'sfirst player was born April 11, 1988 in Barrhead, Alberta. Drafted 26th overallby the Flames in 2006, he seemed like a promising talent from the EverettSilvertips of the WHL. After his draft, he was bounced around the minor leaguesbefore finally making his big league debut in 2011-12 with Calgary, a 3-2 shootoutdefeat against Florida on December 16, 2011. Irving appeared in seven totalgames that season recording a decent 0.912% save average in the process. Thefollowing season he was given the chance to take over when Miikka Kirpusoff wasinjured, but unfortunately, Irving was not the answer between the pipes thatyear. In six games, he recorded a 3.33GAA and a 0.883% save average. Irving wassent back down to the minors and then ended up in Finland the following season,followed by a stint in the KHL afterwards. With all of the promise from hisjunior career, Irving only managed to appear in 13 NHL games, while recording a3-4-4 record with a 3.25GAA and a 0.902% save average.

This2012-13 set one home jersey was worn by Leland Irving in his final three NHLgames, first home game, first home win, and first home loss of his career.

AcquiredFrom: Calgary Flames Fan Attic

Datesof Game Use: February 11, 2013 v Minnesota (2-1SOL, 23-24)
    February 13,2013 v Dallas (7-4W, 30-34)
    February 15,2013 v St. Louis (5-2L, 2-4)

Photomatched:YES

Today'ssecond player was a teammate and American Hockey League rival to Irving at onepoint. This player was Joey MacDonald. Born February 7, 1980 in Pictou, NovaScotia, MacDonald was an undrafted goaltender who worked his way up from the OHL to the ECHL,and then to the AHL within three seasons. With hard work and having been aproperty of the Red Wings since 2002, MacDonald finally made the NHL in 2006-07.His NHL debut came in relief of Chris Osgood on October 19, 2006 in a 5-1defeat against San Jose. He played eight games with Detroit before being placedon waivers and claimed by the Boston Bruins. At the end of the season, Bostonchose not to re-sign him, so the Islanders took a chance on him and by 2008-09,he worked his way up to be the starter of the team. In 2009-10, the TorontoMaple Leafs signed MacDonald, but he only lasted six games with the big club.The Red Wings then signed him again at the conclusion of the season, where heplayed for two more years before being picked up by the Calgary Flames for2012-13 and 2013-14. After two brief seasons with the Flames, the MontrealCanadiens signed MacDonald, but he did not make an appearance for them in2014-15. As of the end of the 2014-15 regular season, MacDonald has appeared in133 NHL games, recording a 44-61-15 record with two shutouts, a 3.00GAA, and a0.902% save average.

Thisset 2 away jersey was worn by MacDonald in 2013-14. Barring an NHL comeback, heplayed his last two NHL games while wearing this sweater, recording his lastNHL win in the process.

Acquiredfrom: Calgary Flames Fan Attic

Datesof Game Use: April 4, 2014 v Florida (2-1W, 34-35)
    April 13, 2014v Vancouver (5-1L, 2-3)

Photomatched:YES

Funfact, both of these goalies once had a goalie fight against one another in 2011while in the AHL.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

I also hate how this site reformats my write-ups so it looks like I lack an education in English.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Them jerseys are bad karma, Bruce.

Go Canucks Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Nice additions tho, I got to see Irving a few times in Abbotsford, sad that it didn't work out for him. I know that marks show better on a white sweater than on a red one, but mannnnnn does it look like MacDonald got peppered!

Hey, I have a question for ya...........would you think an AHL jersey has the same $$$ value as an NHL one? More? Less? Or is it all about the player?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Them jerseys are bad karma, Bruce.

Go Canucks Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Nice additions tho, I got to see Irving a few times in Abbotsford, sad that it didn't work out for him. I know that marks show better on a white sweater than on a red one, but mannnnnn does it look like MacDonald got peppered!

Hey, I have a question for ya...........would you think an AHL jersey has the same $$$ value as an NHL one? More? Less? Or is it all about the player?

No bad karma, just a celebration of hockey in Alberta. I'm not one of these "Edmonton WOO, Calgary BOO" types. I appreciate it all and if Calgary wins big, Alberta wins and I am more of an Albertan than an Edmontonian. The Irving does have pretty good wear, and the MacDonald does look pretty gnarly and hammered (for today's standards anyways).

AHL...all about the player and the jersey, though the common players of each tend to average about the same on the resale market. No real standard on it being more or less, otherwise.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Three things:

1. Awesome pickups. Great looking jerseys.... updates to your collection are always fun to read.
    2. Really look forward to the May update, and the big Edmonton piece
    3. Edmonton WOO, Calgary BOO

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Three things:

1. Awesome pickups. Great looking jerseys.... updates to your collection are always fun to read.
    2. Really look forward to the May update, and the big Edmonton piece
    3. Edmonton WOO, Calgary BOO

I think that you might particularly like it ;) Shhhhh.....