Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

UD Blog: The Hobby Impact of Connor McDavid in Edmonton

http://upperdeckblog.com/2015/04/the...d-in-edmonton/

Interesting piece. Basically, if McDavid is the saviour of the Oilers, all those rookie cards of Eberle, Hall, RNH, and Yakupov will take off again.

IMO, it's a nice idea but unlikely to have a spill-over effect unless all of them become 80-point getters.

Maybe even KingKuba will get on board then.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If I were running the team..... free agency & trades would get used to improve the defense & goaltending (I think that article suggested as much) and also be sure to resign Derek Roy - but I'm not dealing any of the "top" guys yet. Tt would let you run with three "pairs" next year:

Hall / McDavid
    Eberle / Hopkins
    Yakupov / Roy

Draisaitl gets the entire year in the AHL.

Finish off those three pairs with a player that meets the following criteria: Is big, has some jam, is defensively responsible, is over the age of 25. Benoit Pouliott is already on the roster, so is Teddy Purcell... so they're probably 2 of the 3.

It would give the Oilers three lines that can score, with a ton of high end talent. Combine that with the fact Dallas Eakins no longer coaches them... and I think it's very conceivable that they've got more than one player that finishes as a top-10 scorer.

It also leaves you some roster flexibility for the inevitable cap crunch that will happen in the summer of 2018. You'll have Hall, Eberle & Hopkins on 6m deals.... Yak will be coming off the first year of whatever his next deal pays (I assume more than the 2.5m he just signed for). McDavid's ELC will be over, and Draisaitl will have assumed Roy's spot in top-9 at some point in the prior 24 months. Assume that Hall is still a mainstay on LW, the Oilers would be in a position to have McDavid continue as a top-line C.... with Draisaitl as the #2 (dealing away Hopkins).... and having Eberle & Yak as high end RWs..... or dealing away Eberle or Yak and having a very deep 1-2-3 combo down the middle, with one big time winger for each of the top two lines.

But will it translate into better value for those cards? We'll see. If this team turns into a contender, if the other #1 picks start to produce like it, I'm sure their cards will be in high demand. It's very, very, possible.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Since you know more than I do about him, Sean, do you think there's any chance that Draisaitl stays in the Dub as an overager? I believe he's 20 in October, right? Purely for selfish reasons, as it is a joy watching him here in Kelowna.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the rules allow them to send him to the AHL next year. If they can do it (have him go pro) I suspect they would. Most would claim it's better for his development (is it? no idea). I know a 19/20 year old Canadian kid that's been in the OHL since 16/17 - he has to be sent back (if his club wants him) but for the European, and ex-NCAA kids... I think the rules are different.

The McSaviour means he likely doesn't play on the team next year though.

Since you know more than I do about him, Sean, do you think there's any chance that Draisaitl stays in the Dub as an overager? I believe he's 20 in October, right? Purely for selfish reasons, as it is a joy watching him here in Kelowna.

SCF Rewards
    Country

More likely those players go down as they are sold for Mcdavid and they become afterthoughts....There's only so much money being pumped in the hobby...

Basically they become duchane stasny landeskog when Macinnon came in

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

More likely those players go down as they are sold for Mcdavid and they become afterthoughts....There's only so much money being pumped in the hobby...

Basically they become duchane stasny landeskog when Macinnon came in

You are wise beyond your years sir.

If anyone wants to sell me a 3 Color Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle Cup ARP /99 for cheap, let me know. :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless it's dirt cheap, still out of my price range.....

But I'm all over FW Autos of Yak, Hall, Eberle, and RNH right now if you're looking to sell at low-eBay prices.

You are wise beyond your years sir.

If anyone wants to sell me a 3 Color Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle Cup ARP /99 for cheap, let me know. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Not sure if I posted this one up before... but just for you 30ranfordfan:

trip.jpg

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

You've got my attention :)

I have to at least send a PM about this one.......

Not sure if I posted this one up before... but just for you 30ranfordfan:

trip.jpg