Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don't Read To Your Kids, You Are Giving Them An Unfair Advantage!!!

I swear the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. Literally.

Apparently there is now some concern that parents who read bedtime stories to their kids are giving their children an unfair advantage over kids whose parents don't read to their kids. The suggested fix? Get those parents to read more to their kids? Of course not. We need to restrict parents that read to their kids.

Gelonesi responded online: “This devilish twist of evidence surely leads to a further conclusion that perhaps — in the interests of levelling the playing field — bedtime stories should also be restricted.”

Contacted by The Daily Telegraph, Gelonesi said the bedtime stories angle was highlighted by the ABC “as a way of getting attention”.

Asked if it might be just as easy to level the playing field by encouraging other parents to read bedtime stories, Gelonesi said: “We didn’t discuss that.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227335151442

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I will not even read this article. If the title is what it says those people can get bent. I read to my boys every day and they read to me. What is wrong with people???????????????????????/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will not even read this article. If the title is what it says those people can get bent. I read to my boys every day and they read to me. What is wrong with people???????????????????????/

It is called lowering the bar. Rather than expect people to work harder to accomplish something we lower the expectation to make it easier for them to accomplish it. Sort of like participation trophies. It is more about protecting people from hurt feelings.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

My brain melted reading that. Just out of spite, when I have kids, I will read to them twice as often as I otherwise would.