Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

dave and adam buying cards (decided to make a test)

Hello all ..i decided to test dave and adam and see if their buying price where fair..so i sended them a list of cards i wont tell you what they offered me right aways..ima let you guy try and guess (for the fun) but i was never low balled that much in my life . here the list

1986-87 patrick roy opc rc ksa 10
    1985-86 mario lemieux opc rc ksa 9.5
    ud black 2008-09 8 patch 1/1 crosby-brodeur-lidstrom-malkin-datsyuk-kessel-lecavalier-neidermyers
    2001 sp authentic wayne gretzky autop sign of the time /250
    2007-08 ud acheivements patrick roy auto 1/3
    1971-72 opc guy lafleur bvg 9 ( last one sold for 1128$)
    sp authentic 2010-11 sign of the times 7 bobby orr-ray bourque-al macannis-denis potvin-brain leetch--larry robinson-bjorn salming 5/6
    2011-12 sp game used trophy mark bobby orr letter auto /25 bgs 9.5
    2009-10 itg superlative guy alfleur game used stick gold 1/1 bgs 9.5
    1999 bap decade auto wayne gretzky
    metal universe wayne gretzky precious metal green /10
    2005-06 ice cool threads patch 3 colors 5 break sidney crosby /50 bgs 9
    2007-08 sidney crosby gemography black diamond auto bgs 9
    2005-06 ud ultimate sdney crosby ultimate signatures bgs 8.5
    2009-10 itg 1972 guy lafleur emblem and auto black 1/1 bgs 9

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Knowing the way some of the people in D&A are in person when going to the store, $250-$300
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@22collector See rtsportscards28's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I would say with that lineup of awesome cards they were in the $400-500 area. I have dealt with them before, and they always low ball.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Like said above me, but knowing the owners and how big of a (I'll use the word jerk) one of them was to me in store once, I'll say $500 for the lot.

Can't wait to hear their offer though.

I'd love to get a job there running their finances. Would be quite interesting to see the % profit they run on the singles they buy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

$450 seems about right for a nasty lowball.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Haha just for the fun of it, $350 and then upped to $400.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

$750 (STORE credit :P)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

we can easely say that i could sell those cards for atleast 3000$ i was offerered me 425$ i mean how can you take your self seriously has a big player in the hobby low balling ppl like that..i am speechless.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

That's just the way they are. Like I said above the one time I was in the store and one of the owners was there as well, I got treated like a complete piece of trash. Real annoying how they handle themselves sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

A lot of people low ball like that. I remember about 2 years ago separating with the majority of my record collection since I had too many things on the go. I guy that answered the ad owned a record store in town.

He went through them selecting the ones likely worth puting into a store and then offered me $150. I told him no, and he gives me the usual speech. He then goes through them again selecting a few more out of the bunch and offered me $150 again.

I later sold them for $750 to a young couple expanding the inherited collection from the woman's father.

Not only that, but the guy takes me outside to his truck and shows me a bunch of beautiful conditioned records and sleeves, many were alternate covers than usual etc etc and they guy tells me he just came back from a huge show and picked these up for $1-$2 a piece. Yet they have $15-$25 stickers on them.

No one goes to a show asking for $25 and accepting $2.

Most store owners will low-ball the crap out of most people expecting them to not know anything about what they're trying to sell.

My experiences anyways, I would rather deal with people on SCF than try haggling with store owners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast