Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Opinions Wanted

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Opinions Wanted

What, if anything should I expect from the following situation?

About 2 months ago I came across a sales thread on another site (seller is not a member of this site) with a card I wanted. It was an spgu 6's patches that included my pc player, bobby ryan. There was no doubt about what card I wanted as it was the only one with bobby ryan in the thread. Unfortunately we did not come to a deal. Last week I sent the seller the following message "my offer still stands on the spgu 6's with bobby ryan" Seller accepted, set up a sales thread and I accepted. Card came yesterday morning and was not the right card. It was a spgu 6's jersey from a different year, but it did include bobby ryan. First thing I did was check the sales thread and he did send the card that he had put in the sales thread. Admittedly I did read it and just accepted it when it was drawn up. Turns out I am interested in the card he sent as well, but would have offered no more then 50% of what I paid for. The card he sent was not in his original sales thread and I had no idea he even had the card (or else I would have made an offer on both) So I pm'd the seller explaining that the card he sent was not the card I had made an offer on. I offered the possible solutions to fix the deal if possible:

I return the card for a full refund
    I return the card in exchange for the card I made the original offer on
    The seller gives me a quote on what he would have sold both cards for and if I agree I will send the difference
    I made an offer of what I would have paid for the card sent and if agreed on he could refund the difference

I am hoping that the seller is agreeable to working something out but if not what should I do. Just it the card (at what I think would be a big loss) or try and file a paypal claim. I take some blame for not properly reading the transaction thread but to what point should I be held accountable.

Just looking to see what others think
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Who's Bobby Ryan?

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

small forward for the knicks

sorry wrong form admins please delete and I will repost in the hockey talk forum

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never heard of him. Just grab another one once it comes up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I think you're at fault for being too giddy over acquiring the card you thought you were getting which caused you not to properly read the transaction. Everything could've been prevented but now you're at the mercy of the seller. Good luck to you!