Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Wisconsin GOP Doing What They Do Best

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05...s-and-ketchup/

On Wednesday, Wisconsin Republicans in the statehouse took the first step in their agenda to punish people who use Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
    Assembly Bill 177 seeks to ban people who rely on food stamps to survive on a daily basis from buying a huge list of products deemed unworthy for the mouths of poor people and their children.

All of these items are generally inexpensive and are often the basic foods found in the pantries of many people. Many families literally live on spaghetti and soups because they don’t cost a lot and can feed many people. After all, the average food stamp recipient receives a paltry $125 a month. But this bill would take all of these items away from poor people.And that’s not all. If you think this is bad, you haven’t seen nothing yet.
    The list of “disallowed” foods, which you can view here, also includes the following:

• Cranberry sauce and pie filling. (Poor people can forget about making dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.)
    • Creamed vegetables
    • Baked beans
    • Pickles
    • Pork and beans
    • Frozen veggies that come in packages featuring pasta, nuts, rice, cheese, or meats
    • French fries and hash browns
    • Sharp cheddar cheese, Swiss, and fresh mozzarella, shredded and sliced cheeses (except American cheese of course), cheese food, spreads, and products. Even Kosher cheese is banned unless you apply to get a specific check for it which basically could identify who the poor Jewish people are.
    • Canned peas and green beans
    • Albacore tuna, red salmon, and fish fillets
    • Bagels, pita bread, English muffins
    • White rice and wild rice
    • Taco shells
    • Almond, rice, goat, and soy milk.
    • Brown eggs and any eggs produced by cage-free or free range chickens, which basically helps corporate chicken farms
    • Several kinds of infant food
    • Anything in bulk
    • Anything organic or natural

I apologize for the way too liberal leaning article...but I found it interesting.

Also, only $125 a month for food? We spend double that a week.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It says organic fruits and vegetables may be purchased....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

First, you should know better than to quote HuffPost. They put a liberal perverted spin on EVERYTHING and very often outright lie to further their liberal agenda, as they have done here.

A) Welfare recipients are required to spend 2/3rds of what they receive on healthy food. It does not take all of those items away from poor people, it takes away them spending the bulk of their budget on unhealthy foods. There is movement to stop them from buying lobster, shrimp and crab, which is fair since those items are expensive and someone on a welfare budget shouldn't be buying $25 a pound lobster with food stamps. LINK

B) The statement "We spend double that a week" implies more than one person. The article quotes $125 per recipient, not per family. Also, I assume you and your family spend money on things that you might not spend it on if you were on a limited income. People on welfare do not have the same lifestyle as those who work and provide the funds for welfare programs, and they shouldn't.

C) And again, HuffPost is being misleading if not outright lying. A single person with a monthly income of $1596 receives $152 in food stamps on top of their income. LINK
    Last edited by duane1969; 05-16-2015 at 08:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A) Welfare recipients are required to spend 2/3rds of what they receive on healthy food. It does not take all of those items away from poor people, it takes away them spending the bulk of their budget on unhealthy foods. There is movement to stop them from buying lobster, shrimp and crab, which is fair since those items are expensive and someone on a welfare budget shouldn't be buying $25 a pound lobster with food stamps. LINK

^Proud supporter of a party that champions "small government"....is now saying that he's ok with government telling people what to do and getting all over their eating habits.

Also LOL @ the irony that GOPers now care about healthy eating but when a liberal tells kids they should eat healthy to have a more active and healthy life they rage about it.

Let me now give you MY position, the REAL Liberal position.....ALLOW people to do whatever the hell they want.....they want to spend all their food stamps on lobster....GO AHEAD....let's see how long it lasts and let's see what these geniuses do next.

Should we encourage adults to eat healthier? How about we encourage people to do whatever the hell they want with their ONE and ONLY life.

I really don't care how unhealthy you eat, I really don't care how obese you become or whatever.....it is YOUR body it is YOUR choice what you want to stuff into your mouth.

*NOTE....my position is ONLY for adults....as an adult you have a mature brain and SHOULD know what an unhealthy lifestyle will bring about.

IF you are a parent and you allow your kids only to eat garbage such as fast food and snacks....don't freaking come crying to ME (the taxpayer) about it.

You failed as a parent....and I pity your fat kids.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 05-17-2015 at 01:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Let me now give you MY position, the REAL Liberal position.....ALLOW people to do whatever the hell they want.....they want to spend all their food stamps on lobster....GO AHEAD....let's see how long it lasts and let's see what these geniuses do next.

and that is why this nation is headed on a path to destruction.

these people cannot "do" for themselves, otherwise they would not need our tax money to survive. this will also help curve fraud, for it is way easier to resell lobster than an apple.

so you would allow the parents to buy whatever they want as their children go hungry, but that is ok, because they should be able to do what they want?

funny how you claim people should be able to do what they want, but you miss the key point, people should do what they have to, to support themselves and their family. but wanting someone to be self proficient and reliant, is just bad, while letting kids starve on the streets is ok, as long as they are doing what they want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

First, you should know better than to quote HuffPost. They put a liberal perverted spin on EVERYTHING and very often outright lie to further their liberal agenda, as they have done here.

Oh, I forgot. When you quote an incredibly conservative website, it's fine. Pot, meet kettle.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh, I forgot. When you quote an incredibly conservative website, it's fine. Pot, meet kettle.

How about responding to where I showed that HuffPost lied and misled instead of attacking? Or is that asking too much? If you don't want your sources shot full of holes then don't use sources that are full of holes to begin with.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^Proud supporter of a party that champions "small government"....is now saying that he's ok with government telling people what to do and getting all over their eating habits.

Supporting smaller government and supporting smart government spending are synonymous. That is not a hard concept to grasp.

Also LOL @ the irony that GOPers now care about healthy eating but when a liberal tells kids they should eat healthy to have a more active and healthy life they rage about it.

The only liberal to try and force their idea of smart food choices on anyone is Michelle Obama. I am going to assume you haven't eaten a school lunch recently and proceed with the suggestion that you actually try to eat the rubbish that she mandated for our kids to eat before you proceed. I work in a school. I see kids throw away the breakfast and lunch food EVERY DAY because it literally is disgusting. In an attempt to be unbiased I have tried to eat the food. I can not. It is disgusting.

Fine by me. I support that 100%. While they are living their lives in their "however the hell they want" independent way they also need to spend a little time figuring out how to stop being dependent on others to live their life. That attitude doesn't fly if you need to cash checks that came out of other people's pockets to do it.

Should we encourage adults to eat healthier? How about we encourage people to do whatever the hell they want with their ONE and ONLY life.

I agree!! The first thing they should do with their independence is stop being dependent on others.

I really don't care how unhealthy you eat, I really don't care how obese you become or whatever.....it is YOUR body it is YOUR choice what you want to stuff into your mouth.

I agree!!! Just don't expect other people to pay for you to eat whatever you want!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You may say proposing foods they can get with food stamps is invasive, I think being forced to give chunks of your hard earned money away or being thrown in jail is more invasive.
    Last edited by Trevor44; 05-17-2015 at 06:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You may say proposing foods they can get with food stamps is invasive, I think being forced to give chunks of your hard earned money away that you worked hard for or be thrown in jail is more invasive.

No!! That is your duty as a good citizen! Work hard, strive to better yourself and achieve success so you can pay more taxes and support those who don't work, strive for nothing and consider it a success when they wake up in time to go cash their welfare check before the bank closes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast