Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission Impossible!

Please Note - movel23 will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors
    See alexmovel's Items on eBay

Mission Impossible!

Hi All,
    Alright so I want to try something new. If any of you have seen or read the story of "one red paperclip" it's about a guy who traded away 1 paper clip and through a number of trades he traded up to a HOUSE!

I wanted to try that idea out with cards for a while and I know it's very unlikely (hence the name mission impossible) Here is my goal. I take a cheap common card and try to trade up to a very rare card. So I am shooting for the stars on this one. It would be fun to see how far I could get with this.

My goal is to turn this

into this:

OK so now before you roll over laughing. I will mention a few things. First of all I realize it will take a LOT of trades and that's the fun in it.

Also If I get my goal Jordan card, I will give 1 lucky member a prize. I will take all the people who helped me get to my goal, and I will enter their names into a randomizer and randomize the list 23 times (For MJ) and give the top name on my list the following card.

PRIZE:

Progress so far:

1. 2014-15 Hoops #10 Jonas Valanciunas
    2. 2013 Prizm Matt Ryan Camo Prizm (70sbestcardboard)
    3. 2003-04 Topps #224 Chris Bosh Rookie Card (ajcorleone)
    4. 2012-13 Timeless Treasures Silver #213 Lance Thomas Rookie Autograph 21/25 (DunkingDurant35)
    5. 2002-03 Hoops Hot Prospects Amare Stoudemire Hot Materials Rookie Jersey (key2win)
    6. 2009-10 Bowman 48 Autograph#48A-BRO Brandon Roy (DunkingDurant35)
    7. 2013 Topps Finest Rookie Jumbo Relic Autographs #AJRAR2 Anthony Rendon (moosejaw00)
    8. 2012 Topps Museum Collection Blue #12 Cal Ripken (OriolesFan)
    9. 2009 Topps Mayo Autographs #MABP Brandon Pettigrew (fredbbq)
    10. 2013-14 SP Authentic By The Letter Signatures #BLTH Tim Hardaway UTEP (moosejaw00)
    Last edited by movel23; 04-01-2016 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Updating!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always wanted to do this, good luck, once you Trade up some I would be willing to help you out

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors

Thanks dberks,
    it's such a good and giving community here so if it would work anywhere it's here. Also I would never be able to afford the $3,000 price tag on the card. Hopefully I can get there eventually even if it takes me 5 years... I'm willing to try.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Took me a little bit to figure out exactly what you were doing, but that's a very cool concept. And one that will take a looooong time. lol. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wish you great luck, and once you get started and get a mid end card id be down to help, its really just the shipping thats holding me back as of now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors

Thanks Khendra, hopefully it works lol.

dberks thanks for the kind words,
    for the first few trades I would obviously say it would be a PWE, so if you want to do a low end let me know, I don't think shipping in a PWE would cost that much but either way it would also help your trader rating here

Country
    See dlutton94's Items on eBay

Just a thought, maybe you should start with a low end auto, just to get the juices flowing and open a bigger market! Good luck with whatever you decide though!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors

That's not a bad idea dlutton- lets see how this goes if it's not going anywhere then I'll toss start with a low end auto. Thanks for the input.
    Alex

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I would help you get started if we do PWE. What is the value of your card I have something that might help your journey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

I'll get you started
    2013 Prizm Matt Ryan Camo Prizm
    post it up PWE
    Last edited by 70sbestcardboard; 05-19-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added pic

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast