Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I looked through eBay history that same night after I opened these and I believe I only found two in the history, both selling and sold. Now that I think about it, I should probably search the "completed" just to see if there was others at least offered. I would really love to hit one of these, just to say that I did!

Here's what I wonder, though. Why have we, the collectors, made these at least $100 items, yet a 2014-15 Upper Deck Exclusives, actually serial numbered out of 100, can be had for a few bucks?

At this current time, I understand availabilty on the old starquest isn't as high, but that's a large difference for cards that there are (supposedly) the same number of.

In 1998 cards /100 were as rare as hens' teeth. These days they're a dime a dozen. The existence of so many low number parallel sets drags down the value of any given low numbered parallel.

The starquest gold (and prime choice reserve) are serial numbered to 100. Or they're supposed to be. I have seen some on eBay without the serial number. They could have been factory proofs or something but it makes you wonder if the print run wasn't what they said it was.
    Last edited by OPCfan; 05-25-2015 at 03:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

There is a Roy Gold on ebay now for $250...wonder if someone will buy it for that?!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Agreed totally and understandable why they'd go for those prices then. I'm not even denying they should book higher, but it's just the extreme diffrence.

In 1998 cards /100 were as rare as hens' teeth. These days they're a dime a dozen. The existence of so many low number parallel sets drags down the value of any given low numbered parallel.

The starquest gold (and prime choice reserve) are serial numbered to 100. Or they're supposed to be. I have seen some on eBay without the serial number. They could have been factory proofs or something but it makes you wonder if the print run wasn't what they said it was.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Now that you mention it, that WAS one I saw. I believe the other was a (sold) Tony Amonte.

There is a Roy Gold on ebay now for $250...wonder if someone will buy it for that?!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See jimmcnulty1990's Items on eBay

What site do you get them from? Also, were there any half decent rookies in 98-99 UD Choice? Martin St. Louis?
    PMs Work Best!!!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I picked these up at a local card show. No big rookies in there, unfortunately. I knew that when I picked them up.

What site do you get them from? Also, were there any half decent rookies in 98-99 UD Choice? Martin St. Louis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12