Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Minor League Games in Florida (Single A)

Saturday, May 16th

For the first time instead of bringing a box of cards I put together a notebook with one page per player since I've seen a lot of people do this before with great results in the minor leagues. Every player that I saw (except for the starting pitcher and catcher) signed, and three guys signed the entire sheet. Definitely worth arranging cards this way and the guys didn't seem to mind signing multiples at all.

JD Closser
    Miguel Andujar
    Ericson Leonora
    Michael O'Neill
    Evan Rutckyj

IMG_5607.jpgIMG_5608.jpgIMG_5609.jpgIMG_5610.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tyler Wade

IMG_5611.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thursday, May 28th

Bradenton Marauders (Class A for Pittsburgh Pirates)
    Was looking forward to this for a while since they Marauders have three first round picks and several of the Pirates Top 20 prospects.

Couldn't get Austin Meadows before the game (he told me after they worked out, but by the time they finished they were getting ready for the game so he told me after the game). Once the game ended he came over and signed the whole sheet and thanked me for waiting until afterwards.

Every player I asked signed the entire page. A bunch came out at once so I couldn't get all of the players that I had cards for.

Austin Meadows
    Jin-De Jhang
    Jayson Aquino
    Barrett Barnes

IMG_5825.jpgIMG_5826.jpgIMG_5827.jpgIMG_5828.jpg
    Last edited by mberger718; 05-29-2015 at 08:11 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

JaCoby Jones
    Wyatt Mathisen
    Reese McGuire

IMG_5829.jpgIMG_5830.jpgIMG_5831.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

nice haul!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks! I can't believe the small crowds at the Single A games. At both games maybe there were 100-150 fans by the time it started. Maybe 5 or less waiting for autographs. And with the Topps Heritage Minors and Bowman Draft Picks and prospects sets, about half of the players on the teams have cards out. Many of these guys won't make it all the way to the show but the cards can be bought in player lots pretty cheap online.

Beats going to a Rays game and maybe getting one or two guys on cards. It's really bad on the visitors side, usually the big names (and even the not so big names) don't even bother to come over to sign at all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Thanks! I can't believe the small crowds at the Single A games. At both games maybe there were 100-150 fans by the time it started. Maybe 5 or less waiting for autographs. And with the Topps Heritage Minors and Bowman Draft Picks and prospects sets, about half of the players on the teams have cards out. Many of these guys won't make it all the way to the show but the cards can be bought in player lots pretty cheap online.

Beats going to a Rays game and maybe getting one or two guys on cards. It's really bad on the visitors side, usually the big names (and even the not so big names) don't even bother to come over to sign at all.

I know exactly what you mean. When I attend our local Single-A club games there are times when I am the only one graphing. Of course I am always over on the visitors side as the home team offers so many opportunities to get signatures that I want to concentrate on the players that I may never get a chance to get again.

It's nice to see that things aren't any different down in Florida as we may actually be relocating down there later this year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know exactly what you mean. When I attend our local Single-A club games there are times when I am the only one graphing. Of course I am always over on the visitors side as the home team offers so many opportunities to get signatures that I want to concentrate on the players that I may never get a chance to get again.

It's nice to see that things aren't any different down in Florida as we may actually be relocating down there later this year.

Let me know, I'd be happy to share what I know (which sometimes isn't much).
    Was excited to go see the Clearwater Threshers this week (Phillies Single A) since they have JP Crawford, the #1 prospects in the Phillies organization. However, he was called up to AA last week. I did get him once in Spring Training. That's the way it goes with the minor league players.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Let me know, I'd be happy to share what I know (which sometimes isn't much).
    Was excited to go see the Clearwater Threshers this week (Phillies Single A) since they have JP Crawford, the #1 prospects in the Phillies organization. However, he was called up to AA last week. I did get him once in Spring Training. That's the way it goes with the minor league players.

Mike

Will do Mike,
    We have actually been doing some looking around the Lakeland area. It's all going to depend on what happens with the company that I work for that is getting bought out. We're going to miss Parkview Field if we do relocate. But I'm not going to miss the Winter in the Midwest!

Take care,
    Kelly

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tuesday, June 9

Bradenton Marauders (Pirates) and Clearwater Threshers (Phillies)
    Again with notebook in hand hoping for great things, I guess I got spoiled at my first two games with some players signing an entire sheet of cards. Didn't have as many Threshers cards, and had some leftover Marauders cards I hadn't gotten signed at their game.

I spent most of my time on the Threshers side since I hadn't tried to get them before. I missed my chance to get JP Crawford, the #1 Phillies prospects, as he was called up to Double A last week.

Andrew Pullin 1/1
    Dylan Cozens 3/6

IMG_6099.jpg

Aaron Brown 4/8
    IMG_6100.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast