Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (40)
    Country

Toews is a good player - does everything well.
    Truth be told, I'm a sucker for offensive stats - and he just doesn't put them up.
    I'd rather have Ovie w/o the cups, or Tavares, Seguin...and Benn now has an Art Ross Trophy.

and I am sure if you asked Marino he would trade any of his personal offensive stats for a Super Bowl, Barkley for a Finals Championship or Dionne/Sundin for a Stanley Cup.

What you seem and people like Kuba fail to see is the 80's and 90's are gone, they are never coming back, stop comparing those era's as it is unfair to the players involved. In today's NHL Toews is a superstar and is worthy of all the accolades laid upon him.

I love Tavares but where was he or the great Ovie in game 7's this year?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, Craig, only with Price. They've both reached that upper echelon of the NHL and there's not really much reason to expect more than a 10%-15% drop in prices for the stuff that people want, i.e. hard-signed autos and high-end cards. You may still get some bland jersey cards for cheap but this is the constant reality now. He's your guy, hold them and enjoy the ride, and enjoy adding those increasingly scarce and tough-to-acquire pieces to your collection.

Toews is going to be a first-ballot HOF'er when his career is over. He may not have crazy offensive numbers but he's a winner at every single level he's played, and a proven leader. Toss in those championships with very respectable stats and other individual awards, and he's going to stay hot forever unless something happens that completely derails him.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soouthpaw17's Items on eBay

Kingkuba I'd love to hear your top 20

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, Craig, only with Price. They've both reached that upper echelon of the NHL and there's not really much reason to expect more than a 10%-15% drop in prices for the stuff that people want, i.e. hard-signed autos and high-end cards. You may still get some bland jersey cards for cheap but this is the constant reality now. He's your guy, hold them and enjoy the ride, and enjoy adding those increasingly scarce and tough-to-acquire pieces to your collection.

Toews is going to be a first-ballot HOF'er when his career is over. He may not have crazy offensive numbers but he's a winner at every single level he's played, and a proven leader. Toss in those championships with very respectable stats and other individual awards, and he's going to stay hot forever unless something happens that completely derails him.

Only difference between Price and Toews in the hobby is IMO you've seen Toews ceiling .... you've seen his peak and I dont think he can peak anymore. Price on the other hand has more left to accomplish on the ice, and when / if he does ... you'll see his cards reach his ceiling.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

Kingkuba I'd love to hear your top 20

I didn't know people still read his posts and no you don't.. No one does..

P-C
    --

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I didn't know people still read his posts and no you don't.. No one does..

P-C
    --

1. Teemu Selanne
    2-Infinite (Tie) - Worst ever, overrated, maybe $10 card players at most.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1. Teemu Selanne
    2-Infinite (Tie) - Worst ever, overrated, maybe $10 card players at most.

One of best posts I've seen in a long time, actually made me laugh out loud.

I appreciate everyone's advice, and I think I'm going to take it. I've started listing a few things on Ebay, we'll see how it goes.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (38)
    Country

I would sell the cards that you can easily reacquire (i.e. RCs) and hold on to the extremely rare and unique pieces.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a by product of a good situation and Canadian media.

Would never win anything on another team and no one would care about him....
    $20 player in reality...

Not even top 20 right now and probably not even top 200 all time...

cups and golds are team awards...

This has to be satire.

The guy is on pace to go down as one of the best Hawks players ever and will be a first ballot HOF. He will likely wear the C on a Team Canada and is is close to a PPG player in a league where the top talents put up 80 points. 100 playoff points in 113 games. That's insane.

If all players went into a draft he would go top 15 and would be a top 10 forward picked, maybe top 5.

Kuba - I know by your posts that you don't really follow hockey or understand the game but each time you say something so stupid like this I'm going to call you out on it.

All that said, I would sell. Hawks are going to be in cap trouble and the dynasty ends this year (and they will win).

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is pretty bang on, I think, when comparing prices on these guys.

Toews is already a winner. The bump that winning gives you, he's got that. I don't think a 5th Stanley Cup is going to change that (other than the extra crazy bump it might get him... and his teammates.... during / right after a final.

A player like Price probably has room to climb still. How hot are those cards going to be if Montreal were to reach (and win??) a final?

Only difference between Price and Toews in the hobby is IMO you've seen Toews ceiling .... you've seen his peak and I dont think he can peak anymore. Price on the other hand has more left to accomplish on the ice, and when / if he does ... you'll see his cards reach his ceiling.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast