Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ramz9082's Items on eBay

Getting every card in a numbered set

As in getting all 99 out of 99. Has anyone ever attempted or completed it? 1/1 doesn't count.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its called a Quincey

Its been completed a few times ..... especially buy some guy named Qunciey =P

But I believe someone just completed such a set and showed it off here. I think it was /5
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ramz9082's Items on eBay

Its called a Quincey

Its been completed a few times ..... especially buy some guy named Qunciey =P

But I believe someone just completed such a set and showed it off here. I think it was /5

Didn't know it had a name, cool!

I'm trying for a /149 and /27, I know I probably won't ever be able to but hopefully I can get most of them. Already have 3/149 and 2/27

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I know a guy on another site who just recently got all 6 of a card out of 5 .

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never heard of it being done with a print run so high, although certainly there are people who try - I seem to recall a collector or two trying to get all the x/249 RC's from The Cup for their guy, getting around half way there. I'd venture to say it'd be impossible for any popular set like The Cup where set collectors will snag some copies... but even if it's not a popular set, to get all 99 copies pulled and listed on the forums or ebay feels like very long odds.

I'd really love to see what the highest complete print run is out there though, that'd make for a pretty awesome show n tell! So far I've managed to put together a few - from 02-03 Parkhurst Retro I somehow managed to acquire all 10 copies of the show stamped Chicago Sportsfest print run... but from mainstream products it's all nameplates - I've completed five so far either x/5 or x/6... both Daniel and Henrik's nameplates from 13/14 The Cup (although Henrik was kinda cheating since the whole plate was inserted in one tin - and stupidly UD made the plates "D SEDN" and "H SEDN" leaving out the I's)... Daniel's nameplate from Superlative v3... Daniel's nameplate from 11/12 Prime ("D. Sedin" - it is six cards but for some silly reason Panini numbered them x/7, I'm pretty sure there's no 7/7 that I'm missing, lol)... and also from 11/12 Prime the All Star Locker nameplate x/6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

I am currently working on a 13/14 Ultimate Rookie /499. I'm at 54 out of the /499. I know I've lost out on about a dozen or so on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Yup... I recently completed the Quincey. All 5 of the 14-15 UD Ice Fresh Threads Black /5 for Darnell Nurse.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ronsanto4hof's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Not Hockey, but I have been working on this one /99 since 2007 - I have 36 of the 99 and working on #37 now.

2007 Bowman Draft Futures Game Patch - Geovany Soto

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

but even if it's not a popular set, to get all 99 copies pulled and listed on the forums or ebay feels like very long odds.

I would say the odds of getting 99 of 99 are worse than the odds of winning the lottery! There are so many collectors who never venture near Ebay or collectors boards. And then you have to deal with the dealers who store wax for the future, or who don't sell it and throw it in a corner and forget about it. So if there are 99 versions, chances are very good that more than a couple are not in circulation.

Then you deal with the player's popularity. If its a popular player, some are bound to fall to collectors that want to keep it with no intention of ever getting rid of it. If its a minor player who nobody cares about, giving you a chance to outbid anyone else, then you have a much shorter window to acquire them all before they get tossed in the "forget about it" box, never to see the light of day. I have 11 of the 33 cards in my signature (Gonchar Pristine gold die-cut). I know I lost one on EBay. But I have had a search running on EBay for about the past 5 years and haven't seen a single one.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I heard about some collector who once collected over the stated print run of a particular card. I think it was over 150 copies or so. Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. It's rare, but it's been pulled off a few times.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast