Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Equality!

SCF Rewards
    Country

After literally DECADES of Far right Christians demonizing gays, saying they're going to HELL, calling them an abomination, a mental disease, abnormal subhumans who are DISGUSTING, FILTHY, PERVERTS!

You really think my little snipe at them was really THAT obnoxious?

Ok, whatever, I really don't care.

But, I'm gonna DOUBLE DOWN right now...

@Far Right Christians.....how does it feel to be on the WRONG side of history?

How does it feel to see the MAJORITY of the nation embrace something your insane god thinks it merits DEATH by stoning?

How does it feel to see the U.S progress to this level where Marriage is FINALLY equal and ADAM & STEVE can get married just like any other straight couple?

HOW DOES IT FEEL?

I have three words for ALL Far right christians today.....DEAL WITH IT!

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART....THANK YOU VERY MUCH SCOTUS!!!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES....C'MON!!!!!

poeple cry poeple get and money talks????

SCF Rewards
    Country

So now that there is confirmation that the pendulum is efinitely swung, will all the "freedom of whatever" people come to the aid of christian persecution when christian rights are diminished, demeaned, trampled on, and removed?? Or will we be hearing some glorified justification in the guise of erroneous "REPARATIONS"??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hero? No...but I give them credit for having the balls, (or not), to openly be who they choose to be despite all the hatred and intolerance toward them for being different.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I guess what I don't understand is how gay marriage affects Christians. I get the argument that it's against the bible and all that but doesn't it also say other religions are too? How come Christians don't hate other reigions with the same passion that they hate gay marriage? And also, if gay marriage truly sends people to hell, why do the Christians have to do anything about it? Do they feel it's their duty to stop people other than themselves from going to hell? Why do they care who goes to heaven and who goes to hell?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

So now that there is confirmation that the pendulum is efinitely swung, will all the "freedom of whatever" people come to the aid of christian persecution when christian rights are diminished, demeaned, trampled on, and removed?? Or will we be hearing some glorified justification in the guise of erroneous "REPARATIONS"??

I'm glad you brought this up. the first one. when the gay boogeymen are keeping the straight christians from getting married, the freedom of whatever people will be there to make sure you can still get married. you can even serve shellfish at the reception (the freedom of whatever people don't about Leviticus) It's a totally valid concern. obviously it's in the works and is the real end goal of all of this so-called gay marriage talk.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Mr. Branson, a black American Christian, has views most similar to what I have - views that are neither perfectly in line with the usual conservative Christian view, nor the typical white male atheist view:

https://www.facebook.com/richiebrans...322606?fref=nf

His views have been well-received by both sides, even when they don't agree on all the same sub-points.

My view, also well-received despite not being quite orthodox to either stereotype, is the following:

I'm naturally seeing a lot of talk and opinions about the decision to allow homosexuals to marry. While there are many ways one could potentially approach the decision, I'll cut to just two important angles: 1) the allegations of bigotry/hatred toward those who oppose homosexual marriage (for this is frequently levied against Christians from non-theists), and 2) what the Bible actually says about marriage (for I'm seeing lots of those who claim Christianity who are supporting homosexual marriage, though this contradicts the Scripture they claim to believe).

1a) For those who insist Christian opposition to homosexual marriage stems from bigotry and hatred, let us keep in mind the difference between the _loving_ aspects of a relationship, and the _sexual aspects_ of a relationship - and this principle holds for whether the relationship is heterosexual OR homosexual.

1b) A heterosexual, fornicating relationship can have loving aspects. Nonetheless, heterosexual fornication in and of itself is still a sin in the Bible: referring to the sexual sin, not the loving aspects of the relationship. Likewise, a homosexual relationship can have loving aspects. Nonetheless, homosexual sex is still a sin in the Bible: referring to the sexual sin, not the loving aspects of the relationship.

1c) I understand some of you aren't Christians, don't follow the Bible, and thus will still not agree with the sin standpoint - but after seeing that above analysis, at least let's acknowledge it's not out of complete hatred and bigotry on the Christian's part, but of being consistent with what Scripture deems as sexual sin. We hate homosexuals no more than we hate the *far more numerous* heterosexual fornicators; we also can acknowledge there can be some loving aspects in either type of relationship, but the sexual sin is still the sexual sin, and that we cannot be consistent in supporting those aspects of the relationship, if we claim to be Christian and follow Scripture in its proper context (remember, homosexuality is not supported in _either_ testament; there are some biblical laws that were for a particular time, symbol, and place, but the law against homosexuality didn't change at any point).

2) For those who say they are Christians who are openly supporting gay marriage, you are not being consistent. The Bible at no point supports the homosexual act in either testament, and every instance of marriage that is supported in it is heterosexual. Jesus Himself said, "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." If you disagree, then you disagree, but you cannot keep saying you follow Christ and the Scriptures whole-heartedly if you disagree with Christ here. You are now following a separate belief system of your own choosing, for Christ also said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father except through Me," and that He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it (again, homosexuality being against Scriptural law in both testaments).

Those are the only angles I'll cover. Yes, you are free to support gay marriage if you so choose, but if you are also calling yourself Christian, there's an inconsistency there you can't support through Scripture. Likewise, you are free to not be a Christian if you so choose, but let's not throw out the knee-jerk "you're a bigot and full of hate" every time Christian opposition to homosexual marriage comes up. We oppose it on sexual grounds the same way we oppose heterosexual fornication: has nothing to do with the loving aspects of the relationship, but everything to do with the sexual aspects.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

To make it simple, gay marriage just isn't right. If God had created man for man, or woman for woman, NONE of us would be here today. All creatures had mates, so they could reproduce. So, God created woman for man, and humans could reproduce. How many children can be produced by partners of "same sex" marriages? Simple answer, NONE. Therefore, man wasn't made for man, and woman not for woman. Satan has convinced many though that it is okay and right. They have been deceived and don't realize it. Unfortunately, our country is definitely on a downward slide and it will not last much longer as the nation that was created a few hundred years ago. ALL mighty powers in history have collapsed because they also, like the U.S.A., turned away from what made them great/powerful. The decision that the U.S. Supreme Court just made definitely shows that we, the U.S.A., are definitely on our last steps as a mighty nation. Without a doubt, God is bringing the U.S.A. to it's end as a mighty power because, as a nation, we have turned against Him. If you don't believe it, look in the Bible (Old Testament) it happened several times. Also, check out history books, many powers lost control, and a lot have been dominated since and/or no longer exist.

Have a good night.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

To make it simple, gay marriage just isn't right. If God had created man for man, or woman for woman, NONE of us would be here today. All creatures had mates, so they could reproduce. So, God created woman for man, and humans could reproduce. How many children can be produced by partners of "same sex" marriages? Simple answer, NONE. Therefore, man wasn't made for man, and woman not for woman. Satan has convinced many though that it is okay and right. They have been deceived and don't realize it. Unfortunately, our country is definitely on a downward slide and it will not last much longer as the nation that was created a few hundred years ago. ALL mighty powers in history have collapsed because they also, like the U.S.A., turned away from what made them great/powerful. The decision that the U.S. Supreme Court just made definitely shows that we, the U.S.A., are definitely on our last steps as a mighty nation. Without a doubt, God is bringing the U.S.A. to it's end as a mighty power because, as a nation, we have turned against Him. If you don't believe it, look in the Bible (Old Testament) it happened several times. Also, check out history books, many powers lost control, and a lot have been dominated since and/or no longer exist.

Have a good night.

There is NO GOD. And that BIBLE that speaks of marriage didn't get produced by MAN until long after marriage came about. Good night .

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cant fix crazy, habs....it honestly freaks me out that there are people who ACTUALLY think things like that. How can one write or say that, read it, and not be like, "wow, now that I hear/see that, that makes me look/sound absolutely batpoop crazy"????? Unbelievable to the maximum amont of unbelievable-ness.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

First and foremost, this "man" doesn't speak for all christians.
    The CHRISTIAN church I go to does gay marriages, the Episcopalians (yes that's christian) have gay ministers. Many churches could care less about gay marriage because marriage is a legal issue now not a church issue. (duh) So please please please don't even pretend to speak for all christians because we don't NEED OR WANT your narrow view of who is "ok" being spoken for all of us.

2nd, this is same trope trotted out by conservative christians. "Hate the sinner not the sin," all that garbage. Following this logic, I guess ANYBODY who has has premarital sex can forget about getting married right? I mean it's the same thing, just as the author points out. No marriage licenses for hetero couples who have sex before marriage. What about anal before marriage? oral? 3rd base? The questions down at the marriage license department at city hall are about to get INTERESTING if this closed minded idiot gets his way.

Just stop with all this nonsense. You people are on the wrong side of history, the law and supreme court.
    God made you and I and God made gay people too, who are we to say they don't have the same rights as straight people.

Mr. Branson, a black American Christian, has views most similar to what I have - views that are neither perfectly in line with the usual conservative Christian view, nor the typical white male atheist view:

https://www.facebook.com/richiebrans...322606?fref=nf

His views have been well-received by both sides, even when they don't agree on all the same sub-points.

My view, also well-received despite not being quite orthodox to either stereotype, is the following:

I'm naturally seeing a lot of talk and opinions about the decision to allow homosexuals to marry. While there are many ways one could potentially approach the decision, I'll cut to just two important angles: 1) the allegations of bigotry/hatred toward those who oppose homosexual marriage (for this is frequently levied against Christians from non-theists), and 2) what the Bible actually says about marriage (for I'm seeing lots of those who claim Christianity who are supporting homosexual marriage, though this contradicts the Scripture they claim to believe).

1a) For those who insist Christian opposition to homosexual marriage stems from bigotry and hatred, let us keep in mind the difference between the _loving_ aspects of a relationship, and the _sexual aspects_ of a relationship - and this principle holds for whether the relationship is heterosexual OR homosexual.

1b) A heterosexual, fornicating relationship can have loving aspects. Nonetheless, heterosexual fornication in and of itself is still a sin in the Bible: referring to the sexual sin, not the loving aspects of the relationship. Likewise, a homosexual relationship can have loving aspects. Nonetheless, homosexual sex is still a sin in the Bible: referring to the sexual sin, not the loving aspects of the relationship.

1c) I understand some of you aren't Christians, don't follow the Bible, and thus will still not agree with the sin standpoint - but after seeing that above analysis, at least let's acknowledge it's not out of complete hatred and bigotry on the Christian's part, but of being consistent with what Scripture deems as sexual sin. We hate homosexuals no more than we hate the *far more numerous* heterosexual fornicators; we also can acknowledge there can be some loving aspects in either type of relationship, but the sexual sin is still the sexual sin, and that we cannot be consistent in supporting those aspects of the relationship, if we claim to be Christian and follow Scripture in its proper context (remember, homosexuality is not supported in _either_ testament; there are some biblical laws that were for a particular time, symbol, and place, but the law against homosexuality didn't change at any point).

2) For those who say they are Christians who are openly supporting gay marriage, you are not being consistent. The Bible at no point supports the homosexual act in either testament, and every instance of marriage that is supported in it is heterosexual. Jesus Himself said, "But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." If you disagree, then you disagree, but you cannot keep saying you follow Christ and the Scriptures whole-heartedly if you disagree with Christ here. You are now following a separate belief system of your own choosing, for Christ also said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father except through Me," and that He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it (again, homosexuality being against Scriptural law in both testaments).

Those are the only angles I'll cover. Yes, you are free to support gay marriage if you so choose, but if you are also calling yourself Christian, there's an inconsistency there you can't support through Scripture. Likewise, you are free to not be a Christian if you so choose, but let's not throw out the knee-jerk "you're a bigot and full of hate" every time Christian opposition to homosexual marriage comes up. We oppose it on sexual grounds the same way we oppose heterosexual fornication: has nothing to do with the loving aspects of the relationship, but everything to do with the sexual aspects.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast