Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Equality!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are truly a gutless worm with those lame BS associations. It would have been nice if you would have had the decency to address me on the issues versus taking the cheapest of shots imaginable. You need to learn how to read and then keep your nose out of anything American since we are just a bunch if idiots.

To repeat myself that was gutless.

I read these forums and think we are a bunch of idiots.

It took Alabama until 2000 (A.D) to finally repeal the last law officially prohibiting interracial marriage. The "State" doesn't have the best track record when it comes to civil rights of an oppressed minority.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I read these forums and think we are a bunch of idiots.

It took Alabama until 2000 (A.D) to finally repeal the last law officially prohibiting interracial marriage. The "State" doesn't have the best track record when it comes to civil rights of an oppressed minority.

I am not saying that states always do the right thing (as your example shows), but how do we decide which parts of the constitution that we should follow and which parts that we should ignore?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am not saying that states always do the right thing (as your example shows), but how do we decide which parts of the constitution that we should follow and which parts that we should ignore?

Honestly Im not too familiar with our constitution and the part where it says two dudes or two chicks can't get married.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why is it hate at all to disagree about something, you pervert everything I said.

I perverted nothing. The only thing that has been perverted is your definition of equality (unless you are ready to admit that you dont feel equal to "them"). You believe you deserve to marry who you want, but another person cant. I CAN NOT understand how you dont see how this is wrong!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I perverted nothing. The only thing that has been perverted is your definition of equality (unless you are ready to admit that you dont feel equal to "them"). You believe you deserve to marry who you want, but another person cant. I CAN NOT understand how you dont see how this is wrong!

I have a belief system that is based on biblical scripture. I don't know if you know about what the Bible teaches or if you just pick and choose what you want from CNN but having a biblical belief system is not discrimination in and of itself. There are people that use it for discrimination but it is not inherently implied that all Bible believing and Christ following people use it for that. Your buddy Matt likes to bring up levitical law to point out all the problems with Christianity when its not even Christianity, it is Judaism. Jesus Christ abolishes levitical law for the Gentile and creates many more commandments other than the ten in the OT that are centered around loving God first and then loving your neighbors as yourself...this is where all people deserve love and respect regardless of their orientation, how does this not make sense?

SO......I don't have to believe gay marriage is right and I can treat gay people with respect and love at the same time. Its not a contradiction, its not discrimination, and it is purely biblical. Gay marriage is a man made law that is purely that and all gay people are attaining is government sanctification.

I will be judged by how I treat the gay person, not whether I believe same sex marriage is ok or not. Democrats and judges may make the rules for you but not me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

i am not anti-gay marriage. I am concerned with the treatment that Christians are receiving. This week's opposition to gay marriage and bad behavior by some Christians has chummed the waters and I see the opponents of Christianity waiting to pounce.

I don't agree with your court statement. Gay marriage won on the basis of public opinion, not on the rule of law which would made it a state's issue.

I'm quite certain the supreme court makes it decisions based on the rule of law, it's kind of their thing.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

I have a belief system that is based on biblical scripture. Gay marriage is a man made law that is purely that and all gay people are attaining is government sanctification.

yeah, that's what we are talking about. The government has refused to sanctify their marriages until now. Now they do. It's kind of a big deal. To state the obvious, your belief system can disagree with whatever law you want. But, but you must understand there are ramifications for what the other citizens of your country are going to think about your belief system that contradicts the law, "man-made" as that law might be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm quite certain the supreme court makes it decisions based on the rule of law, it's kind of their thing.

There is not time to debate this one to the end, but no the Supreme Court is full of partisans from both sides who basically do what they want versus getting caught up the inconvenience of written law. This is evidenced by how few 9-0 decisions come out of the court.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

You are truly a gutless worm with those lame BS associations. It would have been nice if you would have had the decency to address me on the issues versus taking the cheapest of shots imaginable. You need to learn how to read and then keep your nose out of anything American since we are just a bunch if idiots.

To repeat myself that was gutless.

I have no idea how my words make me a "gutless" worm. I stated an obvious FACT. Those opposed to interracial marriage had the EXACT SAME argument. Look it up. It's YOUR DAMN HISTORY. Why don't YOU KNOW IT?

Now if Jay is true to his "I'm fair in my moderation on here", you will be suspended for that unprovoked insult. I almost fired back, but you're not worth it. And I agree with your last comment anyway, so no need to add to it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no idea how my words make me a "gutless" worm. I stated an obvious FACT. Those opposed to interracial marriage had the EXACT SAME argument. Look it up. It's YOUR DAMN HISTORY. Why don't YOU KNOW IT?

Now if Jay is true to his "I'm fair in my moderation on here", you will be suspended for that unprovoked insult. I almost fired back, but you're not worth it. And I agree with your last comment anyway, so no need to add to it.

Unprovoked? So that passive aggressive attempt to label me as a racist was an accident?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast