Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Upper Deck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

The Bad:
    While I have never experienced the poor customer service that everyone is talking about, the fact that everyone seems to mention it, is indicative of a major problem. So far I have had one redemption (La Fleur Beehive Auto) and one return (damaged MVP materials of Aaron Asham - sp?). Both of which arrived timely afterwards. The people who have complained about not getting a replacement for a limited print run card, well, UD does say not to expect one since it is a limited run, but having a card returned to them of comparable value is something that should be done. Although, replacing a numbered card with an equivalently valued numbered card may be next to impossible, it should be attempted with as many non-numbered cards as necessary.
    GU – there have been many documented occurrences when GU colours do not match their player. For example, the Orange Toronto Jerseys, or the impossible style Ultrafil style jersey, both of which are documented here:
    http://vegaspuck.blogspot.com/
    These types of mistakes are frustrating to consumers who feel that they have paid enough for a high quality merchandise. Go and see the newest error press plates featured in ‘The Cup’, at several hundred dollars a pack item.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

The Strange:
    This may just be a personal beef of mine, but I tried to contact UD through e-mail to request the various print runs of each product. I wanted to see how rare my 04-05 UD S1 set really was. I was told that UD does not release that kind of information. For the most part, it is possible to guess the range of print runs for the UD products. Here are a few of my guesses:
    04-05
    UD S1: 27,000 boxes
    05-06
    SPX: 57,700 boxes
    SPGU: 49,200 boxes
    Ice: 87,600-117,000 boxes
    Rookie Update: 54,100-72,100 boxes
    Parkhurst: 70,000 (min) boxes
    Ultimate: 18,800 boxes

Unfortunately, I can’t estimate how many boxes of the following have been produced: UDS1, UD S2, Black Diamond and Beehive. Although, I bet Beehive and Parkhurst have similar runs, UD S1 and S2 are more than Ice by probably 50% and black diamond is equivalent to Rookie Update.
    Why not just release this information?

Checklists. Before I buy a product, I like to see what I am buying. So, in order to guess at pre-sell prices, I have to place these orders on last year’s product. I wouldn’t have bought beehive had I seen the checklists online, but I would have bought parkhurst. In the future, it would really be nice if UD published their checklists online at least a few days before the release date, or even a spoiler, a better spoiler than the posters that are given to the retailers (since we all know that patches aren’t everywhere, buyers are also interested in the average card too, since that’s probably what we’ll get).

Overall:
    I’m happy with UD and the product. When I was young, I bought UD, now, I buy UD still, and for Hockey, the product I have loved the most are the Canadian Exclusives, last featured in the 04-05 UD S1 product. I also REALLY liked the UD Ultimate which featured the player’s flag, the National Heroes Jerseys, and along the same lines, the UD S1 & S2 home town heroes.

Long essay, but I hope that it helps your research and maybe it will spark more discussion for your thread.
    Cheers,
    reoddai002

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See supplystud's Items on eBay

I like the products that you make. Your design has been great! SPX and SP Authentic are two of my favorite sets. The SPX has gotten a little bit "busy" in its design over the last few years.

I have not had to send a card back since the 2003 SPX set. When I did that it was a Byron Leftwich Jersey Swatch. A new one was sent to me in a matter of a few weeks.

The redemption process has been taking waaaaayyyy too long since 2003. I keep getting emails telling me that the card has been made..then another one saying that the card has shipped...well nine months later it still says on the web site that the card is in production? I like the idea of updating us on the stage of processing the card is in...but it is not real and just confusing. I have tried several times to email to find out a "real status" to no avail. Enoug said on the redemption status.

Keep up the good work on card design. You do make enough autos and jerseys. It is not your fault that the market will not support what people want their cards to be worth.

Work on the customer service HARD!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To Clarify: Mr.UDGUY
    Hope this wasn't in vain!! Well it wasn't, you got the truth out ;)

Too bad we can't contact you..You have everything either blocked or not listed.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

well for one upper deck can apologise for screwing people that bought the upper deck french hockey in the ninties, and also for ruining the hobby by what upper deck did. it was disgusting and unscrupulous, totally without morales. if you readers dont know what im talking about ask upper deck to explain

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See offthemask's Items on eBay

i bought about $1500 worth of UD hockey this year and was NOT impressed with not getting much of anything back in return. this is the first time i bought cards since the early ninties when the market got flooded and it suddently became a ridiculous amount to collect cards.

after reading about others experiences of trying to return cards, i decided not to sent back several of my bent, scratched or otherwise damaged cards i opened up this past winter.

improve the product, improve the customer service, and please price your products appropriately! $10 for a pack of commons is disgusting. for half the price i paid for one pack (including shipping), i picked up the entire base set off of ebay!

Country
    See ebbets's Items on eBay

I really hate the fake 1 of 1's. I collect Jackie Robinson cards and the 2004 Legendary cuts 1 of 1 jersey cards are the worst! I can't pick one up for under $75 because everyone thinks there is only 1 of them. Wrong! You made like 90 of them exactly the same, except for different text under the swatch. LAME! This should be a $25 card MAX! Same thing with the Epic paralells this year. Paralells are fine, when they are tiered, like /100, /20, /10, /1. But these are just stupid. I mean the Jackie Robinson has 10 paralells #/10. Whats the point of that? Just make one, #/100. These cards are not as limited as you are making them seem. Very deceiving! Other than that I like the card designs.

SCF Rewards
    See Garmart11's Items on eBay

Just want to give you an example of good customer service. Now before I do I do wanna say i'm not in anyway harping on you personally. I think what you are doing here is a great thing and should be done more often by companies. With that.....

I've been waiting close to nine months for a redemption card that was from the 2004 SPX BB line. Yes 2004. If you havn't had the athlete sign by now I'm guessing he isn't planning on it. After about fourty emails and two calls, I finally am geting a replacment.

Now, last week I bought some hobby packs of 05 Playoff Prestige from Donruss. In both packs I was shorted two cards. I emailed them, and within 30 mins they responded. All I had to do is send the empty packs, a reciept, and some personal info (number, addy, name). Today I get another email from Donruss stating that two replacement packs and extras (?) were shipped today and to expect them in 3-4 days.

One week. Problem solved. I had to email them once and got answers. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do something to better your customer service....its by far the worst in the business.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by meuandthelot
    To Clarify: Mr.UDGUY
    Hope this wasn't in vain!! Well it wasn't, you got the truth out ;)

Too bad we can't contact you..You have everything either blocked or not listed.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this person may not be a representative of UD?

Oh......NM.....what was I thinking? He MUST be....after all, he hasn't been back to this post since the 27th of July to answer any questions or help with concerns AND has all his info blocked or not listed as Rich said.

What a shock. He must be the head of CS

:icon_roll

Peace~
    Rima

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast