Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

"The problem is that without any real info, that I don't suspect we'll ever see, it's impossible to know what sets are affected. I'm working (slowly) on a set of 11-12 BTP masked men silver. Should be limited to 90 copies. I'm about 1/3 of the wah through. How many extras are out there? 10? 20? 50? None? Probably none..... But I don't know.

I'm still going to work on the set, but my purchase prices have been adjusted, and most eBay sellers asked too much anyway."

And that's a fair reaction. The uncertainty could, and should, fuel some speculation and concern. I just don't quite subscribe to this whole "dump everything" mentality. I just don't see a major shift in the values/prices for most stuff long term. Obviously, like most of us, I have a horse in this race and don't want to see values plummet. But realistically speaking, I just don't see it. There have been some really nice stuff produced, and this doesn't change that. I will just no longer think ITG was different than other manufacturers...you know, with collector's best interests in mind. They (the old regime under now my least favourite Price) are just as lame as any other company.
    Last edited by subban7677; 08-21-2015 at 07:56 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It's not just extra base sets it's extra everything, including auto's and GU. There's already a couple of people who have discovered more than the stated print run of GU cards (6 Justin Bailey H&P patch cards when the print run is /5, 4 Rick Vaive Decades Emblems when the print run is /3, a Chet Pickard Autothreads /9 has seen a 10th copy), all of those cards the extra copy has come from either DA or Steelcity both of whom have hundreds of ITG singles possibly all extra's to the stated print runs. It's likely that any ITG GU or Auto the stated print run is no longer correct.

Then you have ITG cards on the market that shouldn't exist, A mike Vernon Motown Auto that was never released is now out on the market along with BAP auto's of Roy and Cujo that were never released and an International Ice quad that was never released is now on the market as well, care to guess the seller of these?

You can no longer trust any ITG checklists or print runs until Dr. Price comes out and can verify exactly what was released in the recent backdoor shenanigans but that will never happen. Not just base sets, everything has been affected.

Also a fair point. This SHOULD lead to some concern. Again, I agree with most people posting on this. But a lot of this is not brand new information. If people want to dump their stuff at bargain basement prices, I'll take advantage.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Guess who has some Masked Men Emerald Redemptions?
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Craig-Anderso...-/230803862219

Also has Hedberg, Enroth and Conklin.

All of them are #4/20.

Now, to be fair here, for those four guys at least six copies did ship out at the time of the program (all but Conklin had 7). If the cards were properly distributed by serial # 1-xx during the program there's no shenanigans here.

But until 3 days ago there were exactly 0 of these redeemed cards on the Bay, either active, completed, or sold.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

All of them are #4/20.

Now, to be fair here, for those four guys at least six copies did ship out at the time of the program (all but Conklin had 7). If the cards were properly distributed by serial # 1-xx during the program there's no shenanigans here.

But until 3 days ago there were exactly 0 of these redeemed cards on the Bay, either active, completed, or sold.

I'm sure they obtained them through the proper means and just decided that now, 3 and a half years after the redemption program, AND in the midst of speculation regarding backdoored product, would be the best time to let the cards see the light of day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Or they could have just purchased someone's dumped ITG collection and are selling off the parts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All of them are #4/20.

I just recently bought the dubnyk on ebay, I believe the same seller? (I would have to double check).... also #4/20

*edit--- maybe it wasn't very recent haha. It was march, but was the same seller.
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 08-22-2015 at 05:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Craig-Anderson-10-11-ITG-BTP-Masked-Men-III-Emerald-Redemption-Jersey-Card-4-20-/230803862219

All of them are #4/20.

Those are actually legit, I've had them on my watchlist for a couple of years now.

Back when I was obtaining my Masked Men for the redemption period I bought a lot of 34 Masks from Steelcity during that period for something like $200+ lol but it was worth it as it had a Bob and a Howard in the lot and all the others I used for the random mask redemptions. Back at that time Steelcity was breaking a lot of BTP and taking advantage of what the masks were selling for.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Or they could have just purchased someone's dumped ITG collection and are selling off the parts.

Well they are. Brian Price's. LOL

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are actually legit, I've had them on my watchlist for a couple of years now.

Back when I was obtaining my Masked Men for the redemption period I bought a lot of 34 Masks from Steelcity during that period for something like $200+ lol but it was worth it as it had a Bob and a Howard in the lot and all the others I used for the random mask redemptions. Back at that time Steelcity was breaking a lot of BTP and taking advantage of what the masks were selling for.

That's good to hear. It's unfortunate for a seller when anytime they get a good rare card for sale that they're under scrutiny. I figured that the low S# on the card would be the tell-tale indicator.

I'll put away the pitchfork...on this one, for now.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who wants to see a 2013-style Carey Price autograph on a 2006-07 card?

I was doing a little research on a value and came across this...

Carey Price's signature in 2006-07 didn't look like that. It looked like this.

or this:

There is zero possibility that Carey Price was signing cards with #31 while he was with the Tri-City Americans. That particular style of signature didn't come around until much later. His auto has changed a lot over the years, and the style shown on the 2006-07 card was in effect during this time period:
    2013-14 Between the Pipes Autograph

Allow me to reiterate - there is zero chance that Carey Price signed his sticker autos in 2005-2007 in the fashion that is shown on that card. I own, or have owned, a copy of almost every style of his autograph from his junior days until the present. I consider myself to be an authority on the subject.

The card at the top of this post was sold in July 2015 by north-of-7.

I will allow people to draw their own conclusions.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast