Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

Ice /99 now becomes the most sought after rooke of Eichel.

No SPx, SPA, Ultimate, Premier, Cup ....... even Black Diamond this year was an auto rookie product if im not mistaken.

Eichel will have 2 real rookies of value now, Young Guns and Ice.

In all honesty, no one wants a Leaf Eichel rookie, with airbrushed logos. No one will consider them to be rookies, and the hobby will take a hit for this.

Im sure they could just load up products with Eichel /99 rookies. A non auto Ultimate RC /99, same thing with a Cup non auto /99 ..... I know my main PC guy doesnt sign for UD. He still has had SP Authentic Limited Auto Patch cards .... without the auto. Im sure they CAN have FW RC Patches of Eichel ....

But it's just not the same
    I may not have many of these ultra high-end RCs but it would be nice to have the option of getting one...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I didn't think members of the PA were allowed to sign an exclusive agreement?

Is he even a member of the PA yet? Don't know when they become eligible to join, but I would think they would have to either attend a camp or play in a game before they became eligible. Anyone know that answer?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is just another byproduct of UD's exclusive license. If the league had been forward-thinking and allowed multiple licenses, this sort of thing wouldn't be happening. You can't get mad at Leaf for making a bold business move.

If the NHL and NHLPA wont take their collective heads out of their a$$e$ and realize that monopolies hurt business (I am sure at least one of them took ECON 101 in college), then we will continue to see this crap, and the fans will continue to suffer. Well UD, all that money you are making from your McDavid exclusive, you just lost from Leaf's Eichel exclusive, and now you have to pay McDavid all that extra money. Smart business decision..... NOT!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

I'm not really a fan of any exclusive really as mentioned above me by others I believe. I told my LCS "what a joke" when that happened, and I just said the same words again.

Agreed. I'm not a fan at all. Having a license isn't good enough you have to further your greed (not business plan) by signing McDavid before he's even played. Enjoy the competition, Mr. "Collect The Best UD"

I've stated this elsewhere, but this is another of those things where you get exactly what you are asking for. You wanted a monopoly, you got a monopoly. Now deal with it.

I'd say no to exclusives. It begins from Upper Deck giving up the McDavid exclusive.

Amen to that. Don't blame Leaf for simply reacting to the action.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Lindros had an exclusive deal with Score in 1990-91 and 1991-92. UD got around it by making cards of Eric in his Team Canada jersey
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Terrible. We can now expect all of Eichel's autos to be head and shoulder shots, or full body shots with the Sabres logo airbrushed away like it never existed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I've stated this elsewhere, but this is another of those things where you get exactly what you are asking for. You wanted a monopoly, you got a monopoly. Now deal with it.

I'd say no to exclusives. It begins from Upper Deck giving up the McDavid exclusive.

Interesting point and bang on. UD had it coming at some point and here it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I may be wrong on this, and forgive me if I am; but wasn't Crosby already an exclusive auto to Upper Deck when Panini got there license and he then had to sign cards for them because the PA's deal trumped his exclusive UD one?

While it is not the same for Alumni like Gretzky because they are not part of the PA anymore, but NHL/NHLPA contracted players are subjected to their respective deals now to avoid the "Lindros" situation.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't believe Crosby was an exclusive. He might have been a "featured athlete" but I don't recall him having a trading card exclusive. Memory is such a fragile thing, though. We know that he kept his "me only" autos policy in effect, coming a short time after Panini announced they would have dual autos featuring him and other top guys in 10-11 Certified.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

Well, at least I can now get a hot tub as I won't be wasting money next year on Eichel cards.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast