Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

i love this so much im starting a usa hockey player pc and there will be plenty of eichel options in a usa jersey as opposed to a buffalo jersey hahaha this rules

His early Leaf cards will probably be in an airbrushed Boston University jersey, at least thats what he's pictured wearing in the preview mockups in the announcement. If they do use the USA jersey those will be airbrushed as well since nobody has the Team USA license. Buffalo images later in the season will be airbrushed also. As far as I know Leaf has no license to show Eichel with any logos no matter what team they picture him in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

I don't really understand why Eichel cards would have to be in a hockey uniform at all. The cards in 90's where players were off-ice were absolutely great, why not to use such stuff of Eichel?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I don't really understand why Eichel cards would have to be in a hockey uniform at all. The cards in 90's where players were off-ice were absolutely great, why not to use such stuff of Eichel?

People aren't exactly clamouring over the Pavel Bure roller blade card nowadays

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I get why people are ragging on this. However, it might be nice to have a top-tier rookie that collectors can actually collect rather than the rip and flip mentality that is so prevalent in the hobby now. The ability to actually collect a player, what a concept.

Hahahahahaaa hahaha haha ha

Have you seen the way Leaf products have been configured to date? They're all about the rip & flip, hence why they've gotten rid of packs and gone with an all-hits approach to their releases.

Take a look at the autograph distribution of the prospects in their stable. Nick Merkley (Kelowna Rockets, Arizona draft pick) has 73 autograph cards from 3 releases, only one of which has a print run higher than 50, and 40 of which are 1/1's.

They've already announced that Eichel's first autos will be in Superlative and they will be "limited."

These cards aren't going to be readily accessible for a lot of collectors. If Leaf backed up the Brinks truck for Eichel, they're going to make sure that they're getting top value out of the products that feature his autograph cards.

Unless and until Leaf announces product(s) that the traditional packs-based products instead of $200+ "hits only" boxes, and cards that might have deeper print runs like you see in SP Authentic/Trilogy/etc. these cards will not be ones readily appearing for collectors to pursue. A small number of rip & flippers will be setting the market.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

People aren't exactly clamouring over the Pavel Bure roller blade card nowadays

I enjoy those cards a lot more than the endless amount of these "I stand still looking like I might play hockey at some point"-pictures.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Have you seen the way Leaf products have been configured to date? They're all about the rip & flip, hence why they've gotten rid of packs and gone with an all-hits approach to their releases.

Take a look at the autograph distribution of the prospects in their stable. Nick Merkley (Kelowna Rockets, Arizona draft pick) has 73 autograph cards from 3 releases, only one of which has a print run higher than 50, and 40 of which are 1/1's.

They've already announced that Eichel's first autos will be in Superlative and they will be "limited."

These cards aren't going to be readily accessible for a lot of collectors. If Leaf backed up the Brinks truck for Eichel, they're going to make sure that they're getting top value out of the products that feature his autograph cards.

Unless and until Leaf announces product(s) that the traditional packs-based products instead of $200+ "hits only" boxes, and cards that might have deeper print runs like you see in SP Authentic/Trilogy/etc. these cards will not be ones readily appearing for collectors to pursue. A small number of rip & flippers will be setting the market.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded statement

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Huh. After a year where I bought... one UD product?, I figured this would be the year that I'd buy a few UD boxes of something. I already pre-ordered UD Series 1. I will probably get SPA, of the design looks decent, but it's another lean year of UD box buying for me.

I wonder if UDs response will be to flood the market with Eichel cards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

I was referring to his RC's in UD products. It might be nice to have a good non-auto FW rookie for a change.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldnt call them great, but they were different. There is also a reason why those cards can be purchased for 25 cents or less.

Why does Eichel need to be in a hockey uni? Because thats what the majority of collectors want .... thats what they put value on. How much more would cards from ITG Used be if they were licensed ..... if they could include true rookies into the set, WITH all the awesome vintage memorabilia.

Do people want auto rookies? - Yes

Are people going to consider anything Leaf Eichel to be a true auto rookie? - No

Is UD not being able to put out a true auto rookie of one of the top rookies in the class going to hurt the hobby world this year? - Of course

Im sure UD has something up their sleeves. Sure, they cant do auto rookies of him, and thats going to hurt the hobby as a whole for 1 season more than the UD monopoly will for 1 season.

As much as UD is screwing over other companies with exclusives of various players, they did not hurt the card collector the same way as have Eichel being an exclusive for a non licensed company. Thats why people are more up in arms about this, then UD getting their monopoly back. Can anyone imagine if things went the other way, and Panini had a monopoly on the hockey market ...... chaos.

We are as much to blame for Panini not being in the mix as UD. From the get go, most collectors looked and Panini cards as second class cards .... even if they had better designs.

For example:

MacKinnon Cup /99 vs- MacKinnon National Treasures /99

- Both cards come from a similar priced product.

- NT is hands down a nicer looking card. NT has a huge window compared to its Cup counterpart.

- But The Cup has UD infront of it .... making comparable cards worth so much more than the NT copies.

I would love to hear what the hobby shops have to say about this news. Are they mad with Leaf for doing this? This has got to hurt their box / case sales for the year to come. Sure, Leaf had to do something like this ..... but this move hurts no one but the collectors and the shop owners. UD is going to sell everything out .... thats a given .... but are people going to be buying as much .... are hobby shops going to be going back to the distributors for more cases once theirs sell out?

As much as this is a middle finger to UD from Leaf .... it is pretty easy to see why most collectors also see that middle finger directed at them.

Leaf - This hurts us the most. Not UD. Are your sales going to go up because of this move ..... most likely not.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was referring to his RC's in UD products. It might be nice to have a good non-auto FW rookie for a change.

No .... it wont be nice. FW Auto rookies are still easily attainable .... even for guys like Crosby .... because of their fairly high print run. The only non Auto FW that has held any type of value is the 07/08 Quick, because he was so overlooked and did not have much produced of him.

A perfect example is Tyler Johnson .... sure is nice to to be able to buy and sell his FW rookie, a staple in our hobby .... for about $5 - $10

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast