Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Believe it ORR not?! Monster One Hundred 1/1 card Lord Stanley's Mug show!

For over a year I've enjoyed a major project trying to put together the master set of the last product from the old ITG - Lord Stanley's Mug. Ever since Dr. Price shared some sneak previews of the product on his blog I was hooked - it looked like the perfect product for a set builder looking for a variety of autograph and memorabilia cards of stars (and a few role players) who all have played a part in winning the Holy Grail.

I recently hit the 99% mark of the master set excluding 1/1's - I know I'll never complete the true master set as there are 460 different 1/1 cards in the product, but today I hit a pretty significant milestone in my attempt to get as far as I can, picking up my 100th 1/1 from the product! Oh, and it's a beauty - but you'll have to scroll to the end of the show to see it. I've shown some of these before, but for this big milestone, here they are all in one place, enjoy!

I haven't focused as much on the parallel 1/1 golds, but pick up some nice ones when I get the chance, from the Cup Rivals subset a nice quad with all multi-colour swatches...

Cup Holders is probably my favourite of the regular subsets in the product, nice clean design and the memorabilia really pops with the mostly white background. Looks like some repair stitching perhaps on the Orr swatch?

A couple solid Leafs in the Back 2 Back subset.

Not the strongest subset here with quite a number of single-colour swatches on the gold cards where ITG usually does a good job of using the nicer material, but some decent vintage, and can never go wrong with the Rocket.

Love the Conn Smythe set, featuring every single player to win the Smythe through till '11. Some decent players in here, hard to top the Gretzky though.

Now on to the premium subsets from the product, love the idea of the Henri Richard tribute - there are 33 cards, 11 each of auto-only, autographed rivals, and autographed teammates to celebrate the record 11 times he won the Cup. Have all the silver x/10's, for the gold 1/1's here I've oddly not found any Rivals cards, but 3 of the auto-only and 5 of the teammates cards, and some awfully nice pairings in that set especially the Beliveau and the Richard brothers!

On to the true 1/1's, no more parallels these are all unique cards. First up the Autographed Memorabilia, nice job by ITG picking a multi-colour swatch on every card in this subset. I'm at 19 out of 98 cards so far, always looking for more - really love the Laperriere and the Lindsay!

I've got 17 out of the 60 Game-Used Stick cards, while the newer composite ones are nice and colourful/shiny, it's hard to beat the vintage lumber.

Wait, did I say 17 Game-Used Sticks? But there's only 16 shown above... keep scrolling to the end of the show for my most recent addition...

And finally, the true gems of the product, the Mega Patches! I'm now up to 30 out of 110, there are a few so-so swatches relatively speaking, but so many beauties in here, it brings me happiness just pulling them out to admire every now and then. There's about a dozen I could almost interchangeably call my favourite from the set, so many to choose from, if it weren't for the Mr. Hockey which I still can't believe I own!

Ok, I promised one more Game-Used Stick, well here it is, what a perfect way to hit the 100th 1/1 card milestone, I present to you, Bobby Orr! I'm sure we've got some vintage memorabilia gurus here, anyone know what the "ON" comes from? Could it be Boston, or I've seen some pictures of a "Northland" stick that he apparently used but stamped in a very different font.

Well, that's all for tonight... maybe another big show when I hit the 200 milestone? LoL might take me a while :)
    Last edited by sedinfan; 09-18-2016 at 01:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now that is a wonderful collection and an awesome S & T. You have so many outstanding cards but that set will bring out the player collectors making some of them impossible to get. Anyways, really great cards.....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Those are so awesome! The mega patches are sick. The cup winners auto too! Never seen the mega patches Lafleur or Beliveau or the cup winners auto Beliveau, would love those in my pc. I have the Lafleur though.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Excellent show and tell. Congrats on the big milestone with your set, that Bobby Orr is quite the way to reach 100 1/1's :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is a killer set man. I am jelous. Congrats. Makes a guy want to start a collection of those. :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The ONLY hockey games I can actually sit through are a Game 7 of the Cup Finals or a Gold medal game ... but ... this collection is just amazing and I really enjoyed seeing it ... congratulations!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Too much action in hockey for you Football fans. ��

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dave I always love your Lord Stanley's Mug show!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Wow your collection is awesome! Thanks for continuing to show such great cards! Love the Orr!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Eagles
    Twitter: @docsobolatin See Scobes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Awesome stuff! Congrats!

Scobes
    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Mark Sobolewski, Vintage, Set Needs & Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Bob Kudelski, Patrick Rissmiller, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football - 1950-60s Vintage & Eagles Autos Golf - Tiger Woods Basketball - 76ers Autos & Low-Numbered
    ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNATIONAL TRADING!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast