Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A Rare Basketball Add to the PC

I haven't been into basketball in about 20 years, but did make a pickup the other day. Collectors seem to like my posts on the other sports forums, so I thought some of y'all might be interested as well.

A Rare Basketball Add to the PC

Have a great day, everyone!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Do you know the story behind that card and how rare it is? First of all Star Co. cards have small print runs to begin with. The Gatorade slam dunk set was made for the slam dunk contest at the All-Star game. Barkley was scheduled to be in the contest & then withdrew. So they pulled his card from the set. So it was never released. I have the set, but I don't have the Barkley. I think in recent years, a bunch of these unreleased Barkleys have hit ebay. I've been meaning to buy one myself.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Do you know the story behind that card and how rare it is? First of all Star Co. cards have small print runs to begin with. The Gatorade slam dunk set was made for the slam dunk contest at the All-Star game. Barkley was scheduled to be in the contest & then withdrew. So they pulled his card from the set. So it was never released. I have the set, but I don't have the Barkley. I think in recent years, a bunch of these unreleased Barkleys have hit ebay. I've been meaning to buy one myself.

I'm not a basketball guy and had NO idea! Thank you for that info! Now I'm intrigued to go find out what else I can dig up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

That is correct. Like a couple of other Star releases, that card was pulled from the bagged sets after it was produced and they intended to destroy them all, but a small number of them got away anyway. The Barkley is much rarer than the rest of the Gatorade Slam Dunk set.